The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just a little notice..

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Annee , life is certainly a game of snakes and ladders.
Take it easy over the next 6 weeks and let your mind/body heal well.
Wishing you all the best from Tasmania.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

As many of you are aware I was going to take my Grenadier to drive the Scottish 500, I bought myself a roof tent, bought a great drone, packed all I needed for a few weeks, was about to throw the dogs in and drive off when I had my doctor call to say I shouldn't go anywhere as a test had come back "Out of range", so I waited and had a few more tests and a month ago was diagnosed that I had colon cancer.
To say this was a shock was an understatement as had hardly any symptoms, the National Health Service were quick to act and I was put forward for immediate urgent surgery.
As an ex nurse I knew that I wouldn't get surgery in the time specified sadly so last Thursday dipped into the savings and paid privately to have the tumour removed at The Lister Hospital in Chelsea, London.
Today I was discharged and although feel like ive gone 12 rounds with a professional kick boxer I am home resting up and will get the results of the tumour in a couple of weeks, depending on what it reveals will determine if I need chemo etc.

If I can just say one thing to any of you....if you have one remote change in your bowel habits please do get yourself checked out asap, do not wait !

Apparently colon cancer is being seen in more 20-30's ages than later in life.

I understand its not the best of subjects but wanted to say why I haven't been on my trip, I will get there as soon as I possibly can.

Best Wishes

Annee aka instagram grenadier_girl
Thank you @Annee for being so open about this important topic. I wish you all the best! I keep my fingers crossed!

IGL

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
Good morning Annee,
thank you for sharing, and it's so good that you listened to the changing behaviour of your bowel habits and drew the right conclusion.🙏
I wish you all the best and a fast and complete recovery. Never give up! 💪
And a request to everyone: please take advantage of all cancer screenings❗

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
Good luck with your recovery Annee. I have had my fair share of bowel surgery and recovery can take some time. Hope you get the all clear soon. All the best 👍🏼

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

As many of you are aware I was going to take my Grenadier to drive the Scottish 500, I bought myself a roof tent, bought a great drone, packed all I needed for a few weeks, was about to throw the dogs in and drive off when I had my doctor call to say I shouldn't go anywhere as a test had come back "Out of range", so I waited and had a few more tests and a month ago was diagnosed that I had colon cancer.
To say this was a shock was an understatement as had hardly any symptoms, the National Health Service were quick to act and I was put forward for immediate urgent surgery.
As an ex nurse I knew that I wouldn't get surgery in the time specified sadly so last Thursday dipped into the savings and paid privately to have the tumour removed at The Lister Hospital in Chelsea, London.
Today I was discharged and although feel like ive gone 12 rounds with a professional kick boxer I am home resting up and will get the results of the tumour in a couple of weeks, depending on what it reveals will determine if I need chemo etc.

If I can just say one thing to any of you....if you have one remote change in your bowel habits please do get yourself checked out asap, do not wait !

I understand its not the best of subjects but wanted to say why I haven't been on my trip, I will get there as soon as I possibly can.

Best Wishes

Annie, All the best and thank you for sharing. Hang in there.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Praying that you have a quick recovery! If only one of our group is encouraged to get checked it will be due to your courage in sharing your story. In 2017 I heard of someone with a dull lower right abdominal pain that turned out to be appendicitis. Having felt this symptom for several months I went to the Doc and after multiple tests found out that my appendix needed to be removed. After the appendectomy the diagnosis was Pseudomyxoma Peritonei (PMP) which called for follow-up surgery, what I learned later to be the Mother of All Surgeries, CRS (cytoreductive surgery), HIPEC (hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy), and an omentectomy (metastasis from the appendix tumor). God was good to me and I am alive to tell others not to ignore persistent or even periodic dull abdominal pain.

RickTok

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hello all,

Best Wishes

I pray you have a quick and full recovery in Jesus' name!

Back
Top Bottom