The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Turning radius compared to other vehicles - with 4wd system engaged

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
I keep hearing, since I don't have mine yet, about the turning radius. It's also something that I noticed with my 4Runner- also not a good radius. But the other day I was in a 2015 Tahoe and it has a great radius- that is until you take it out of 2wd and put it into 4wd. I've noticed something similar in my Wrangler- the closer to a 'full' 4wd setting, the less manouvaerable.

Now I know 4wd cars/SUV that are really AWD always pretty much have a good radius. But Isn't comparing the IG radius to a jeep in 2wd not a true comparision? Has someone compared the vehicles when they are set up to the same level of competence? Maybe the deltas aren't as big then. Now, or course, you have the ability to go into 2wd mode on a lot of these SUVs, so that you can have the smaller turn radius and the IG is stuck in 4wd all the time.

Just a thought.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
In it's default mode, the full time 4wd system utilizes open differentials front, center and rear. Soni do not believe this is significantly impacting the turning radius.

The kingpins do limit the turning radius, and this is likely having a significant impact - especially when compared to ball joint front ends.

Back
Top Bottom