The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Towing mirrors

Bobineos

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone managed to buy suitable mirrors to add to the Grenadier when towing a wider trailer such as a caravan to give wider visibility?
If so, please can you let me know the model?
Many thanks
John
Hi The basic Milenco mirrors work fine, space on the top of the mirror for the fittings. See photo attached(with luck)
On a separate note on Grenadiers towing you mentioned your fridge worked on the caravan. Have you had your towing electrics altered, as most people only have 10 of the 13 pins wired?Milenco.jpg

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi The basic Milenco mirrors work fine, space on the top of the mirror for the fittings. See photo attached(with luck)
On a separate note on Grenadiers towing you mentioned your fridge worked on the caravan. Have you had your towing electrics altered, as most people only have 10 of the 13 pins wired?View attachment 7843742
Hi @Bobineos was looking for some towing mirrors and had bought some Milenco mirrors second hand to try. They fit well and now I saw your post with exact same model 😀.
Have you found a solution for fridge resp towing electrics? Mine has only 10pins wired and I was playing around with some adapter cable yet couldn’t get it to work.
Interested to learn how to solve this with least effort.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi @Bobineos was looking for some towing mirrors and had bought some Milenco mirrors second hand to try. They fit well and now I saw your post with exact same model 😀.
Have you found a solution for fridge resp towing electrics? Mine has only 10pins wired and I was playing around with some adapter cable yet couldn’t get it to work.
Interested to learn how to solve this with least effort.
TOWING ELECTRICS:
My dealer says that they have to re-wire it - this seems expensive when Ineos should have done the job right in the first place!

He said:

1. Towbar wiring- this is something that was raised earlier this year by a customer and we diagnosed as you’ve pointed out that the standard towbar setup on the Grenadier is only wired to 10pins. We can do as we did for the other customer complete the wiring so that all 13pins are wired but this would be chargeable- the cost for this would be circa £225.00 as we need to fit some additional relays and wiring.

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
TOWING ELECTRICS:
My dealer says that they have to re-wire it - this seems expensive when Ineos should have done the job right in the first place!

He said:

1. Towbar wiring- this is something that was raised earlier this year by a customer and we diagnosed as you’ve pointed out that the standard towbar setup on the Grenadier is only wired to 10pins. We can do as we did for the other customer complete the wiring so that all 13pins are wired but this would be chargeable- the cost for this would be circa £225.00 as we need to fit some additional relays and wiring.
Fully agree. Way to expensive for their saving a few $ in initial setup. Have listed the incomplete wiring of the towbar as an issue with my dealer. Completely against the claim of “built for purpose”. Obviously not received any meaningful proposal for solution.

Back
Top Bottom