The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Towing Again

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
On mine, the flat section on the top of the fixed tow ball is "dead" level with the top of of the six hole tow plate.
DCPUs detachable one looks to be at least 50mm lower, if not more. Spot on for my caravan I recon.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
or in the meantime load enough booze in the back of the caravan to toe her hitch up by 50mm?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi DCPU, I can't see the last digit of the Type approval number, is it a 6? If so they are both the same so there is no reason for them not to fitted on either N1 or M1 versions.
It looks like you could tow a tank with it! Good stuff from Brink :)
Well done again, trying to get one via JT Hughes.

Yes I thought I'd taken a naff photo with the missing digit, so I've just been to take another clearer one - but can't. Hopefully, this photo will make it clearer than the sticker has been misplaced and the flange on the bolt has actually obscured the last digit. However, sharing the same part number should be enough to actually confirm it's the same.
WP_20230517_116.jpg

Is does raise the issue of longevity of these foil stickers in relation to the letter of the law, which I have seen stating that to be legal this information has to be clearly displayed in the standard format?

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you tried waxoyl or Lanoguard type products??
In the past yes to waxoyl but don't think I'm interested in Lanoguard if it's a regular reapplication early 12 months.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On mine, the flat section on the top of the fixed tow ball is "dead" level with the top of of the six hole tow plate.
DCPUs detachable one looks to be at least 50mm lower, if not more. Spot on for my caravan I recon.
Right I've measured twice this afternoon. From the floor up I got this reading - 45.6cm. I have a photo from the fixed towball measured as 51.1cm. So that would make a drop of 5.5cm: However, it has since occurred to me both measurements where taken on different uneven ground!
WP_20230517_044.jpg

Using the top of the six hole plate as a datum, and consensus that this was level with the flat top on the fixed towball, then the 2" hitch sits exactly 40mm lower.

For anyone interested a few other stats:

Weight:
WP_20230517_031.jpg

The right angle steel bar is 20mm thick.
The pin is 16mm
R clip is 4mm

WP_20230517_032.jpg

A few further comments:

I should note that there is a degree of free play when fitted. In both the horizontal & vertical it's a few mm each way. It's less that on my Dixon Bate adjustable however. On a similar setup in the past, there was a tapped thread for a small bolt and a locknut to take up some of this movement. I'm not sure if it worked or not, given the force involved?

Given the space limitations the R clip only works upside down and seems to pull off with far lower force than similar R clips on my Dixon Bate, where you have to really wrestle them out. Also my Dixon Bate has a double R clip setup. The pin is not long enough to be drilled to take a second clip. I think in both these areas the Brink hitch could be greatly improved.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I have tried with 2 dealers to get the tow hitch with the part number supplied no luck yet .
Will get onto brink next.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A few further comments:

I should note that there is a degree of free play when fitted. In both the horizontal & vertical it's a few mm each way. It's less that on my Dixon Bate adjustable however. On a similar setup in the past, there was a tapped thread for a small bolt and a locknut to take up some of this movement. I'm not sure if it worked or not, given the force involved?

Given the space limitations the R clip only works upside down and seems to pull off with far lower force than similar R clips on my Dixon Bate, where you have to really wrestle them out. Also my Dixon Bate has a double R clip setup. The pin is not long enough to be drilled to take a second clip. I think in both these areas the Brink hitch could be greatly improved.

Excellent post - just what this Forum is all about - thanks @DCPU

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just be careful with any third party hitches. The depth of the hitch receiver is limited and I don’t know if the hole position is a universal standard distance?

I can provide lengths if required.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here. is Ineos part number GRA-4A22-006640 £136+VAT
👍

I'd assumed the part number listed on it was an Ineos part number? It's the same format as just about every other item with a part number on the vehicle.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looking on the US configurator, they have this listed:
Screenshot_20230519_094028.jpg
I'm wondering where they've taken the height measurement from ~ 15.75" is 400mm?

Back
Top Bottom