The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The official forum twitter account please ask INEOS thread, or not Poll. You decide, cast your vote.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
So, with all the interesting questions, opinion and conjecture here I think there’s enough interest to have a formal question to “INEOS from the forum” via twitter. (I’ve tried a few times by email but received nothing back….. make of that what you will)

I was thinking on once a week directly to their twitter account and just seeing if we get a response.

I just want to gauge the room on this, so please post your thoughts……

We have a week to decide.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
All good suggestions.

In particular this one:
> I'd welcome a move away from FB to a Forum,

+1 (y)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a non twitter user so its the little blue bird bootcamp for me. But yes, the response if any would be posted here for digestion by the group.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
I think it may also be a good testing ground to see how well IA communicate with us. It’s their chance to show that they are serious about the customer, so might be a good litmus test

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How many members has the forum by now?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And look at the growth rate ...

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
Why should IA take this forum seriously when only 34 members are detailed on GRUNT?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
> Why should IA take this forum seriously when only 34 members are detailed on GRUNT?

Yes, more GRUNT members, please! (y)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Why should IA take this forum seriously when only 34 members are detailed on GRUNT?
To be honest they don’t have to take anything seriously other than the number of cars sold.

Having said that they are aware that they are starting from scratch with a car company in a very established field, and it’s early adopters and enthusiasts that will make this vehicle a success in the short term until they get their commercial contracts and NGO’s on the order books and then the higher spec vehicles to compete upmarket. I believe they firmly have G Wagon and Defender clients in their sights, but I digress.

When I met with Greg at the LA event he specifically mentioned that INEOS will listen to the voice of the customer, so what better way to put that voice to them than with a forum which, lets be honest you don’t join by mistake or happen chance.

By the way GRUNT is a great idea by EMAX and is independent of the forum… ;)

At least these are my thoughts….

Cavaleiro

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
As I've mentioned elsewhere: the car excites me, the interaction with the customer is poor. I am not at all the "customer is king" type, but after so many months to still respond so poorly or not at all to requests creates little confidence. I therefore find the idea good!

On LinkedIn you can find btw. many also senior managers of IA and possibly actually also a senior manager who is interested and who cares.

If the 800+ cummunity here doesn't care then that would be scary to me. According to them, they are most interested in individual customers, but of course they are ultimately also dependent on fleet customers. I haven't heard of any major customers that typically used to buy the Defender, like energy operators, open pit mines (Rhein-Braun was a big customer and now drives Hilux).

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
Is there a way to view "Reservation Holder" & "Grenadier Ordered" numbers?

I'm actually quite shocked at the low number ~ somebody needs to get into the FB groups and make them aware of the Forum. Would that be poor etiquette?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a way to view "Reservation Holder" & "Grenadier Ordered" numbers?

I'm actually quite shocked at the low number ~ somebody needs to get into the FB groups and make them aware of the Forum. Would that be poor etiquette?
As of now,

there are 13 who have updated the checkbox in their profile to 'Reservation Holder'
there are 34 who have updated the checkbox in their profile to 'Grenadier Ordered'

If you don't update the checkbox then I can't see who has reserved, ordered etc. So these figures are probably way off from the real numbers on the forum as it requires changing on each persons preferences.

As far as notifying FB groups etc, then go ahead, post a few links etc. I'm currently trying to carve out time to work out the twitter thing.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
For whoever votes no, it would be appreciated to know why. Either post here or DM me with your opinion, every point of view is relevant :)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have met dozens of people who have reserved or ordered a IG but know nothing about this forum.

I think we can all accept that the average age of buyers will put most owners in the ‘mature” bracket. Some are not bothered about forums like these and just buy what they want and others truly have no concept of forums and got to get on one let alone know how useful they are.

I think once these vehicles are seen on the streets then interst in this forum will rise dramatically. As and when I mention to people what I have ordered, by far the most common answer is. “Whats that”

we as a group are the sort of people if we were talking about Rolex watches would probably know every model, deleted models, movement references and different dial options for each model. Most other people know they own a Rolex but couldn’t even tell you what model they own.

I probably don’t make any sense but hopefully someone gets my point

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I have met dozens of people who have reserved or ordered a IG but know nothing about this forum.

I think we can all accept that the average age of buyers will put most owners in the ‘mature” bracket. Some are not bothered about forums like these and just buy what they want and others truly have no concept of forums and got to get on one let alone know how useful they are.

I think once these vehicles are seen on the streets then interst in this forum will rise dramatically. As and when I mention to people what I have ordered, by far the most common answer is. “Whats that”

we as a group are the sort of people if we were talking about Rolex watches would probably know every model, deleted models, movement references and different dial options for each model. Most other people know they own a Rolex but couldn’t even tell you what model they own.

I probably don’t make any sense but hopefully someone gets my point
I hope you tell each and every one about the forum and the great group of people here, and when they say what's that to the Grenadier, you can point them to the forum to find out ;)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
In a forum of 'n' registered members there might hardly be more than n/10 really active ones - 10% (yes, just a guess). But if this (optimistic) guess is not completely wrong, then we have 14+34 = 48 which is at least 50% of the active users. Not so bad, I dare say.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Genuine question ~ what benefit do I get out of entering my details?

I'll be chopping in my Defender for the Grenadier. Anyone similar will be near paranoid about sharing data of where they park their pride and joy.

It's not just whole vehicle thefts but people getting up in the morning to find bonnets and doors missing.

I'm struggling to see the benefits of an interactive database that may just give a lowlife a starter for 10 on a new "business" opportunity?
This sounds very much like you haven't really understood or seen how the GRUNT works. You don't have to unveil your address or location. If you at it, some of the members (e.g. me) "live" inmidst of a street crossing or in a lake. I've e.g. chosen the center of my village to be displayed on the map.

The only infomation is "somewhere in 'SomeCity' lives a member of the Grenadier Forum". You're free to be as fuzzy with your location as you feel comfortable with. There is no real name required and it is not even clear whether or not the pseudonym behind the marker owns a Grenadier at all.

There is by no means enough and precise enough data to get any critical information from the GRUNT.

For me, that was a 'conditio sine qua non' to establish the GRUNT.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For whoever votes no, it would be appreciated to know why. Either post here or DM me with your opinion, every point of view is relevant :)
I voted with no. At the moment I have the feeling that the people of Ineos Automotive are more concerned to bring the car on the street than to answer the questions.
Every call and every E-Mail is answered by the call centre and the equivalent for emails. I guess that’s the way it will be handled with twitter aswell. For me it looks like it could become disappointing and a waste of time.
As it is not my time I did not want to pressure anyone to waste his/hers

Back
Top Bottom