The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The INEOS forum store

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just want to express my gratitude and thanks to the members of this community with their financial support in keeping this site alive, weather that be via account upgrades or by purchasing items from the forum store. The positive comments I've received and good will of the community as whole is incredible.

With regards to the store club medallions and other items have been available from the forum store GrenadierWorks.com for a while now and I just wanted to make a couple of points.

• The medallions will be going up in price to $19.95 USD at the end of the month.
  • The USA now has the option of Priority mail shipping in addition to Ground Advantage.
  • The rest of the world now has the option of DHL shipping as well as USPS international First Class. (yes its pricy, but the USPS shipping has been hit and miss with regards to on time deliveries, a couple of Australian shipments took over 2 months to arrive)
  • We are slowly creating the infrastructure for t shirts etc to be manufactured in Europe and Australia as well as North America, with the aim of lowering the shipping costs.
  • Due to the fine margins we can only keep so many products on hand, so if the store says sold out you can still purchase and your order will be processed when stock is on hand. If you're not cool with that then message me with your order number and I'll issue a refund.
  • I'm doing the back and forth with the manufacturer for the Enameled medallions so stand by for those, they will fit the bonnet badge space.
  • I'm working on a challenge coin, ideal size I think is so it fits on the drivers door handle for the Grenadier owner to notice on their return (if you don't hand it over personally) the plan is for these to be engraved on the back with individual GG numbers and the country on the face as in the image attached.

Any thoughts then please chime in.

Stu

CountryLogoMain6.jpg

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
I think that UK may be better than GBR post Brexit ?

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When a British registered car now drives into Europe it has to now display a number plate prefix of UK or a sticker on the vehicle showing UK. GB is no longer the reference for UK vehicles.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They're all lifted from the ISO Alpha-3 country code list.

That's interestingly wrong. UK is Britain plus Northern Ireland. Britain on its own is only England, Wales and Scotland. When you use Britain ( it's the main land and you specifically exclude Northern Ireland

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When a British registered car now drives into Europe it has to now display a number plate prefix of UK or a sticker on the vehicle showing UK. GB is no longer the reference for UK vehicles.
Correct GB excludes Northern Ireland they used to have their own plates for EU travel. Since Brexit they travel under the UK plate

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably best to get this one accurate given that Sir Jim was apparently a big Brexit supporter. It should be UK when referring to a vehicle.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably best to get this one accurate given that Sir Jim was apparently a big Brexit supporter. It should be UK when referring to a vehicle.
But since you have to use 3 letters it is going to be difficult, and either way you will upset those that want to see Northern Ireland unified with Ireland 🇮🇪.
It's a no win on this one.
At least you can use ISO 3166 for the reasoning logic.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I'd stick with the ISO. The move on vehicles to a "UK" plate was political smokescreen, (to make them look busy and relevant).

Not generally a fan of politicians - turns honest people to rogues in 1 term of office or less!

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
They're all lifted from the ISO Alpha-3 country code list.

Good for that list ...
ISO 3166 is a standard published by the International Organization for Standardization - which as you can see by the spelling is UN/American administered and so by definition, is behind the times.

It's the UK

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But since you have to use 3 letters it is going to be difficult, and either way you will upset those that want to see Northern Ireland unified with Ireland 🇮🇪.
It's a no win on this one.
At least you can use ISO 3166 for the reasoning logic.
Or we could just use the letters
"UPU" and offend everybody

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
Or we could just use the letters
"UPU" and offend everybody

You guys from the UK or GB/GBR just like to confuse the rest of us.

Australians like to keep things simple. Its AUS including everyone.
Well until we become South China, and then who knows what our abbreviation will be.

Ghempo

Global Grenadier
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just want to express my gratitude and thanks to the members of this community with their financial support in keeping this site alive, weather that be via account upgrades or by purchasing items from the forum store. The positive comments I've received and good will of the community as whole is incredible.

With regards to the store club medallions and other items have been available from the forum store GrenadierWorks.com for a while now and I just wanted to make a couple of points.

• The medallions will be going up in price to $19.95 USD at the end of the month.
  • The USA now has the option of Priority mail shipping in addition to Ground Advantage.
  • The rest of the world now has the option of DHL shipping as well as USPS international First Class. (yes its pricy, but the USPS shipping has been hit and miss with regards to on time deliveries, a couple of Australian shipments took over 2 months to arrive)
  • We are slowly creating the infrastructure for t shirts etc to be manufactured in Europe and Australia as well as North America, with the aim of lowering the shipping costs.
  • Due to the fine margins we can only keep so many products on hand, so if the store says sold out you can still purchase and your order will be processed when stock is on hand. If you're not cool with that then message me with your order number and I'll issue a refund.
  • I'm doing the back and forth with the manufacturer for the Enameled medallions so stand by for those, they will fit the bonnet badge space.
  • I'm working on a challenge coin, ideal size I think is so it fits on the drivers door handle for the Grenadier owner to notice on their return (if you don't hand it over personally) the plan is for these to be engraved on the back with individual GG numbers and the country on the face as in the image attached.

Any thoughts then please chime in.

Stu

View attachment 7852638
Hi @Stu_Barnes,

If the challenge coins are intended to be like the Jeep "duck" thing, I would suggest that we go with poker chips instead.

Having some experience in the design and creation of military challenge coins, I can affirm that the cost could be fairly prohibitive to hand out to each Grenadier we encounter.

I think a more cost effective, but still "special" item, would be screen printed poker chips, although someone might also make molded poker chips that could achieve a similar bas relief effect as well.

Either way, I think it's worth considering as a way to increase participation in the exchange of individualized coins between Global Grenadiers.

Cheers!
-Lee

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here’s a CC from the USCG Air Station out of Atlantic City, NJ. It was given to me by a retired USCG helicopter airman. It’s pictured with a US quarter.

IMG_9461.jpeg
IMG_9460.jpeg

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
The more you get seen in the wild and be given a CC, you will eventually need a way to display it.
Maybe an IG breakfast grill

b5dee2f93c20023ab90053031fc3b5b9-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom