The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Ashes Thread…..

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
I was at Old Trafford today (day 3) what a wonderful day’s cricket. Unfortunately the forecast for tomorrow is absolutely awful and Sunday’s not much better ☔

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:30 PM
Reaction score
And Warnie, and Ponting, and Waugh, and Gilchrist, and Hayden
As much as I loved it, I have taken absolutely no interest in Australian test cricket since Warne and Smith were reinstated to the team after Sandpapergate. They should have been banned for life and the true, honest players battling to get a spot in the team, given a fair go. I don’t care how good they may be at scoring, integrity comes above all else, and those two have none. There is no excuse for cheating.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
11 o'clock start is nuts. 10am should be the norm, would help the over rate a bit. Sure wouldn't have changed the outcome of the last test but sometimes seeing delayed start because it rained at 10.55 for 20mins just to clear up in time for lunch!!

Fingers crossed for good weather for the Oval and some bloddy good cricket 🤞

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
11 o'clock start is nuts. 10am should be the norm, would help the over rate a bit. Sure wouldn't have changed the outcome of the last test but sometimes seeing delayed start because it rained at 10.55 for 20mins just to clear up in time for lunch!!

Fingers crossed for good weather for the Oval and some bloddy good cricket 🤞
Agreed re the start time- 10am here.

Not sure about Joe’s 10pm finish though….

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Bazball creed says - not focusing on the end result of a game but, the way it's played to generate a social good from cricket.

Says the architects of Bazball; English supporters will experience a heightened range of emotions and feelings as their team plays the game: (happiness, joy, tension, excitement, devotion, feeling as one etc.)

This is the aim of Bazball - generating a deeper, stronger, more immersive experience - with greater "buy-in" and from more supporters.

However, team winning also generates a range of powerful and, importantly, long lasting emotions for it's supporters. These emotions may last longer and prove more powerful in generating a social good than those emotions generated during the game itself.

Can Bazball continue to generate the first without (or much less) of the second.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, all power to the English team. I don’t know how they did it, but they’ve hypnotized the Aussies into playing without brains or passion or the will to win.

I have no idea what happened on Day 3.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened on Day 3.
Simple. It was a Geoffrey Boycitt tribute session.
The nod to the old days of Test Cricket. When chaps played for Glory.
Ir's going to become 20/20 style over 4 days in the future. Mark my words 😁

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What the hell am I going to listen to after today?? January comes the next test!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone up down there?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone up down there?
Good win England.

Best move of the match - changing the old ball for a new one that moved around all over the place. Not sure how they got away with that. It changed the course of the game. It’s a shame that taints it somewhat.

Also England getting the Australian 4th test luck with the rain gods. How a pitch can change so much between days 3 and 5 due to the weather rather than wear and tear is amazing.

But your bowlers did well when ours didn’t and you proved how important a middle order is. Had our openers got on with it on day 5 we’d have won that, but they didn’t so there you go. Could have gone either way that one on a number of counts- what test cricket is all about.

Moral victories - what bullshit is that. We’ll hang onto the little urn for a while still.

See you back in the Old Blighty in 4 years, and over here in a couple.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good win England.

Best move of the match - changing the old ball for a new one that moved around all over the place. Not sure how they got away with that. It changed the course of the game. It’s a shame that taints it somewhat.

Also England getting the Australian 4th test luck with the rain gods. How a pitch can change so much between days 3 and 5 due to the weather rather than wear and tear is amazing.

But your bowlers did well when ours didn’t and you proved how important a middle order is. Had our openers got on with it on day 5 we’d have won that, but they didn’t so there you go. Could have gone either way that one on a number of counts- what test cricket is all about.

Moral victories - what bullshit is that. We’ll hang onto the little urn for a while still.

See you back in the Old Blighty in 4 years, and over here in a couple.
Agree it was absolutely great. Well done for hanging on to the urn for a while longer. Broad and Ali had great final Tests. See you down under!!

Back
Top Bottom