The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Ashes Thread…..

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
Looks like the weather has settled mate - enjoy the day, great to see Smith smack another ton!!
Unbelievable day and no interruptions by the weather - extraordinary!

Great to see Smith get his ton.

Today could be a long day. TMS ready to go in tminus 2hrs 5mins!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
Unbelievable day and no interruptions by the weather - extraordinary!

Great to see Smith get his ton.

Today could be a long day. TMS ready to go in tminus 2hrs 5mins!
At least you get to follow it during the day. These late nights are pretty hard on an old bloke. 😉😂😂

I just hope Gary’s calf comes good.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stokes - sensational knock.
English emotional roller coaster.
Start of day 5 - England no to next to no chance.
Stokes well into his ton, Australia still bowling full tosses and Stokes hitting sixes, hang on a minute we can win this….chests out!
Stokes Out!! England have zero chance and tail quickly wrapped up.

No wonder they were narky about the stumping having gone through all that.

Bring on game 3

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Stokes is a man mountain - what a fantastic cricketer he is to watch - anything is possible when he is batting.

However, the Poms do love to have a good ol whinge though don't they - get over it - the rules are the rules. You win some you lose some.
Starc lost out, so did Bairstow.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All as bad as each other. I don't like that play or the Mankad. Can delve into warnings given etc etc but have to call each situation as all have their own subtleties.
Certainly made for a very exciting final session yesterday.
Glad three of the members got suspended for their aggressive behaviour in the Long Room. We certainly don't need any of that. Boos yes, anymore no thanks.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find it quite fitting that it was an underarm throw to take the wicket.. after all, the Aussies cricket team have form when it comes to win at all costs and to hell with the spirit of the game, and have been like that for decades.
After all it is twenty years since Adam Gillcrest walked and Captain Ponting ordered the rest of the team not to ever do that.
Too much money in the game, it is no longer a sport but a business.
And yes i know, they are all the same, but when it is your home country doing it, you tend to cringe a bit more.

End of old man rant.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I find it quite fitting that it was an underarm throw to take the wicket.. after all, the Aussies cricket team have form when it comes to win at all costs and to hell with the spirit of the game, and have been like that for decades.
After all it is twenty years since Adam Gillcrest walked and Captain Ponting ordered the rest of the team not to ever do that.
Too much money in the game, it is no longer a sport but a business.
And yes i know, they are all the same, but when it is your home country doing it, you tend to cringe a bit more.

End of old man rant.
You covered it in your last sentence- no one is any different. At thr end of the day, it’s in the rules. How therefore can that be outside the spirit of the game?
And what orher team could be considered not to be playing to win at “all costs”.

A cheeky, watch out mate I could have taken your wicket, is good for a game with the mates down at the local field, but this is professional cricket. And to whine and moan because Carey hit the stumps and Bairstow didn’t is just hypocritical.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This thread has the potential to run more than poor old Nathan Lyon will.

That is a blow for him, reminds me of 2005 and McGrath injury.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just touched back down in Oz after a couple of Qantas flights from London. You know you're on a Qantas flight, because unlike a BA flight the whining noise stops when the engines are shut down.
😆

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was it the end of the over?

Back
Top Bottom