The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Stockton Beach Fire

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of car fires off road. Mine caught on fire at camp! Saw people running with fire extinguishers toward my rig and I was like what the heck? Starter solenoid shorted out and went up. Another time at a police check point someone else's leaky brake cylinder caught on fire. In each case no significant damage because we had fire extinguishers. I advise a Quick Release. Those plastic straps are a pain when the clock is ticking.

Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
From the BBC article:
"The N57 was used in civilian 3 series, 4 series, 5 series, 6 series, 7 series, X3, X4, X5 and the X6. Tens of thousands of them were sold to the public but BMW said the fault had only ever been seen in UK police cars due to the way they are driven."

Or... "Please buy our sportscars but you cannot drive them like sportscars or they will catch on fire" - ??

Sela Green

Green Grenny - now the fun starts...
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Well, at least we know which parts of the Gren are made of aluminum for certain now.
I was thinking the same thing...

It's an expensive way to test but a great way to find out a lot of information. Bet you won't see that pic on the Ineos test page.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Thank you, that's ok.

I'm always very curious if such things happen ...

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
So they are good at holding hands and talking calmly whilst organising a referral.
Even country GPs don't see much blood and guts, unless they moonlight with the paramedics or play surgeon
Yes, they don't exactly belong to the caste of the gods in white, but have instead to deal with athlete's foot, festering wounds, diarrhea and other goodies. They take care of the dregs of medicine that some noble super doctors don't want to have anything to do with.

As someone who lives in the country, I am very grateful to these "hand holders" for doing for very little money what nobody else wants to do. Without ever becoming famous for it.

That's at least how it is here in Germany.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
Yes, they don't exactly belong to the caste of the gods in white, but have instead to deal with athlete's foot, festering wounds, diarrhea and other goodies. They take care of the dregs of medicine that some noble super doctors don't want to have anything to do with.

As someone who lives in the country, I am very grateful to these "hand holders" for doing for very little money what nobody else wants to do. Without ever becoming famous for it.

That's at least how it is here in Germany.
Not much different here stateside, GPs are over worked and underpaid (In my opinion)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
Not knowing the story I will make one up…

A small group of nefarious characters stole this Grenadier from the port. They used it on some type of robbery or heist. Somehowc managed to make their getaway. They had prearranged to meet additional nefarious characters, torched the Grenadier eliminating any evidence and escaped via boat.

Feel free to add your own story or enhance this one. 😁

Attachments

• R.47eb693908b82de4be6863d24a6225d3.gif
    R.47eb693908b82de4be6863d24a6225d3.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 3

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:08 PM
Reaction score
And all of this because of a little hump on the RHD drivers side floor?

Back
Top Bottom