The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Stockton Beach Fire

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
tks chaps. ill take a look at above.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
The other important and underated tool is a VICTORINOX Swiss Army Knife Rescue Tool. After my big crash, I was able to hand my rescue tool out the broken driver's window so the battery cables could be cut, to reduce the risk of fire. I had enough problems without a fire.

I could hardly move but because it was on top inside the centre console, I reached in blindly and using touch got it out even though I was trapped. I even managed to get it back as part of my personal items some time later.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If there's more than one of you, one on the tools, one getting whatever you can out of the vehicle
My wife will be grabbing her phone and the tea pot.
But she's a GP so she'll be on the ball applying burns bandages to her brave husband :)
But hopefully not on the balls.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find this highly concerning. I do hope we can find out more information later. Really not acceptable if it’s a stock vehicle with no mods.

I’ve literally just got back from visiting my dealer to identify a strange knocking noise in my engine bay. No luck, will have to revisit.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife will be grabbing her phone and the tea pot.
But she's a GP so she'll be on the ball applying burns bandages to her brave husband :)
But hopefully not on the balls.
I had a GP helping me about 5 minutes after the accident until the ambos arrived. They then told him to buzz off, no good deed goes unpunished.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I had a GP helping me about 5 minutes after the accident until the ambos arrived. They then told him to buzz off, no good deed goes unpunished.
To be fair , most GPs are seeing the walking well. So they are good at holding hands and talking calmly whilst organising a referral.
Even country GPs don't see much blood and guts, unless they moonlight with the paramedics or play surgeon.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 AM
Reaction score
The other important and underated tool is a VICTORINOX Swiss Army Knife Rescue Tool. After my big crash, I was able to hand my rescue tool out the broken driver's window so the battery cables could be cut, to reduce the risk of fire. I had enough problems without a fire.

I could hardly move but because it was on top inside the centre console, I reached in blindly and using touch got it out even though I was trapped. I even managed to get it back as part of my personal items some time later.
You know one of the first things we do is to disconnect the battery in any vehicle related incident, most new vehicles have a negative which is easy to disconnect by twisting r pushing it on the terminal from side to side. This obviously can only be done if you can access it, but it reduces the hazard greatly if it can be done.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You know one of the first things we do is to disconnect the battery in any vehicle related incident, most new vehicles have a negative which is easy to disconnect by twisting r pushing it on the terminal from side to side. This obviously can only be done if you can access it, but it reduces the hazard greatly if it can be done.
The first people on the scene just cut the cables. The bonnet was a little bent.
IMG_8189.jpg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A combined impact speed of 150 to 180 kph helps.

Reactions: PBD

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I said previously, you are one lucky man (I'm sure you already know this 😉)
The Police Investigator said much the same thing, although he said very lucky.

Not luck, I got a singular grace from the Almighty that day.

Thank you to the ambos and Fire and Rescue that day. I felt a bit better once I saw the jaws of life. Not long after, here is me going into the ambo - you can see my boot. My car is left of the ambo, the other car right front. Cars not moved that is how far they bounced apart after impact.
IMG_8174.jpg

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's a shame vehciles don't come standard with kill switches, but then again people can't be trusted not to fiddle with things they don't understand.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's a shame vehciles don't come standard with kill switches, but then again people can't be trusted not to fiddle with things they don't understand.
Yes, the good thing is though the Grenadier has a remote battery, so if need be it can be disconnected without having to unlatch the bonnet.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the good thing is though the Grenadier has a remote battery, so if need be it can be disconnected without having to unlatch the bonnet.
As long as the owner is very familiar with what's under the seat and hasn't pile up tons of stuff on top.
Actually getting to the cables isn't that easy on the starter battery.
Unless you have some tin snips.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have added Fire Extinguishers and Rescue Tools over at the Accessories thread here. If people have other suggestions let me know.
Rescueme Rescue tool, best $20 you'll ever spend, we carry them on our PPE. Carry one in the glove box or on your key ring.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_170127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_170127_Chrome.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom