The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Stockton Beach Fire

Zorro

Contract Signed
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
If you buy the wrong one, you could wreck your Grenadier by using it, as well. Powder extinguishers bring corrosive powder into every single and smallest gap you can think of.

AWo
True. A lot of insurance companies will write off a vehicle if they use corrosive powder mixes in any fire extinguisher usage. I make sure I buy those fire extinguishers every time - I don't want a car returned as 'repaired' after a fire.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
What chemistry does this extinguisher use (I couldn’t read all print in the photo)?
Sorry I don’t know the chemistry behind this. Maybe further internet search required

gtank

Production/Transit
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
A new Bronco caught fire in downtown Seattle today. Thought this crowd would enjoy 🔥

Attachments

• IMG_7007.jpeg
    IMG_7007.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 67

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:34 AM
Reaction score
A new Bronco caught fire in downtown Seattle today. Thought this crowd would enjoy 🔥
Living nearby I bet Seattle firefighters were probably glad it's not another roadside encampment fire.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Saw a Dodge Ram, possibly 1500, on i-91N in CT with an engine fire. No emergency vehicles arrived yet so must’ve started a few minutes before i drove by in the Southbound lane

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Any vehicle can catch on fire. How many billions have been lost on sunk transports with EVs already! Oh, god, please do not transport mine on one of those ships! But the main thing is to make sure its not a real design issue in a new vehicle.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
….But the main thing is to make sure its not a real design issue in a new vehicle.
There is a recall for an electrical problem in the upper switch panel with the Grenadier that specifically mentions fire as a possibility. No one knows if that was the cause of the fire at Stockton beach or something else.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a recall for an electrical problem in the upper switch panel with the Grenadier that specifically mentions fire as a possibility. No one knows if that was the cause of the fire at Stockton beach or something else.
Can you clarify whether that recall is for all Grenadiers or is it specific to a particular VIN range?

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you clarify whether that recall is for all Grenadiers or is it specific to a particular VIN range?
It’s specific to certain vehicles, approx 700 from memory, not sure what the vin range was. The recall notice was posted here on the forum somewhere.

It had to do with a wire being squashed between the overhead switch panel and a bolt/nut and the result being a potential short > fire!

EDIT: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ntrol-wire-that-may-short-circuit-226958.html

Last edited:

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of course armchair analysts without all the data can’t give a reliable and definitive cause based in the limited information we have. But from the photos we have available it does look more likely that the fire started in or under the engine bay and not the cabin where it would be if it was a result of the overhead switch panel issue or a Smartpass issue in the battery compartment.

Back
Top Bottom