The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Stockton Beach Fire

Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
I have just ordered one of these to install under the bonnet. I have an extinguisher on the cargo barrier as well but for an engine bay fire this is automatic and fast.
View attachment 7839609
Fire suppression systems are designed to help the vehicle occupants safely escape and it is only a bonus if it saves the vehicle. The key to an under bonnet fire suppression system is to have operator warning and the immediate shut down of the engine in an attempt to cut fuel supply.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score
I feel another purchase coming. Though I do have a rescue hammer/cutter in every car I don't think I can resist another Swiss 🇨🇭 knife!
I find the hammer (or should I say glass breaker) on this is not that effective, the knife and webbing blades are excellent 👍🏼 I've cut through wiring looms with the blade.

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Fire suppression systems are designed to help the vehicle occupants safely escape and it is only a bonus if it saves the vehicle. The key to an under bonnet fire suppression system is to have operator warning and the immediate shut down of the engine in an attempt to cut fuel supply.
I am good either way, escaping the vehicle safely is number 1 priority, saving the vehicle is #2.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reactions: PBD

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know that beach? Do you have to drive through a lot of grass / spinifex to get there?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know that beach? Do you have to drive through a lot of grass / spinifex to get there?
I was there recently. In fact my profile pic on this forum is on that Beach.

It’s Stockton beach.

The entrance is clear of grass and no spinifex. When I was there recently SUV’s that I wouldn’t consider driving on the beach were easily traversing.

Edit: from one of the pics it looks like it was at this location. Right near the main beach entrance.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely not a spinifex/grass fire, photos suggest it to be an engine fire

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:19 PM
Reaction score
I find the hammer (or should I say glass breaker) on this is not that effective
For my wife it is the only solution. She simply doesn't have the strength to break a glass with anything other than a hammer.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
For my wife it is the only solution. She simply doesn't have the strength to break a glass with anything other than a hammer.
So she has practised?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I love all the speculation. Maybe it was stolen and burnt by the thieves, or was it a flipper who was going to loose too much and touched it for insurance?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is what you need then, press the black end to toughened glass and its broken.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_170127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_170127_Chrome.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 117

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely not a spinifex/grass fire, photos suggest it to be an engine fire
Don’t think you can definitively say that. There isn’t spinifex there, but if they have been playing in soft sand in the dunes and beach all day thay could have picked up some grass and dried seaweed etc around the DPF and then if it had decided to do a burn it could look just like an engine fire.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love all the speculation. Maybe it was stolen and burnt by the thieves, or was it a flipper who was going to loose too much and touched it
Don’t think you can definitively say that. There isn’t spinifex there, but if they have been playing in soft sand in the dunes and beach all day thay could have picked up some grass and dried seaweed etc around the DPF and then if it had decided to do a burn it could look just like an engine fire.
Anything is possible, but the position of the DPF makes what you're suggesting unlikely.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree the DPF is nicely positioned, but just exhaust can do it in the right (wrong) circumstances

Back
Top Bottom