The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Stockton Beach Fire

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
Looks like we’ve lost a Grenadier by fire on Stockton beach?

Attachments

• IMG_7691.jpeg
    IMG_7691.jpeg
    402.1 KB · Views: 227

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
Well I guess we'll find out what happened in the fullness of time..
DIY electrical , esp with lithium , is always something to consider - and reconsider.
But obviously it could be one of several things.
Collective forum hugs for the poor guy.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:10 PM
Reaction score
Not knowing the story I will make one up…

A small group of nefarious characters stole this Grenadier from the port. They used it on some type of robbery or heist. Somehowc managed to make their getaway. They had prearranged to meet additional nefarious characters, torched the Grenadier eliminating any evidence and escaped via boat.

Feel free to add your own story or enhance this one. 😁

Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
If the owners and their passengers were in the car, hopefully they are safe and uninjured.
We will probably not know the true cause of the fire and can only speculate. Ineos Australia is probably now interested after seeing a burnt Grenadier on the socials. Guessing the insurance company will attempt to identify if the cause was an issue with the car, modifications or cargo related. There is the possibility it may be one of many stolen, joyridden crashed or torched luxury vehicles that Australian authorities appear to have the inability to control and lack any decent prosecution ability.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I've been reliably informed this was a Defender with a Grenadier body kit.
Apparently the essential upgrade for '24.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t know the backstory, from a Land Rover Facebook page. Hope no one here.
View attachment 7839425
Being one of those that puts vehicle fires out, and without looking around all of the Grenadier, it looks like an engine fire seeing as the front tyres completely gone. *Usually if it is a cabin fire the firewall reduces the likelihood of severe damage to the engine area. This is all just supposition of course

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
Note to self, buy that fire extinguisher on your to do list.
Was thinking exact same thing. I think someone who works/worked with the fire /rescue departments bought an 'expensive' but very competent in his opinion extinguisher, and attached it to the cargo barrier on the passenger side. He's on here somewhere. Could do with finding that thread and seeing what he suggested.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was thinking exact same thing. I think someone who works/worked with the fire /rescue departments bought an 'expensive' but very competent in his opinion extinguisher, and attached it to the cargo barrier on the passenger side. He's on here somewhere. Could do with finding that thread and seeing what he suggested.
Do you mean the Firestryker John Canny talks about? That is what I am buying. Costs more, but is lighter and lasts longer. I already have the mounts (QuickFist Rubber Clamps 25-45mm), or you can buy a Kit with both items from KAON here.

View: https://youtu.be/Zvd_wtI8lEk?t=494

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I carry minimum of 2kg FE in my cars, with welding gloves nearby. Opening the bonnet allows more oxygen in. These incidents require re planning and decisive action.
And a burns kit.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a fire fighter, we use water/foam on vehicle fires because we obviously have much of it. The Firestryker is good and lasts a long time, but you can't turn it off and on like a dry chem extinguisher, and dry chem is hazardous to use in a confined space and windy conditions. There are pros and cons for both, but anything is better than nothing in a fire. From my experience we don't see many put out by extinguishers, once it gets into the plastics the heat and toxicity drives most back.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I reckon on having 1-2 minutes to have a chance , then back off, as you say things escalate very quickly.
That 1-2 minute window dictates where you keep your equipment and survival bag.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I reckon on having 1-2 minutes to have a chance , then back off, as you say things escalate very quickly.
That 1-2 minute window dictates where you keep your equipment and survival bag.
If there's more than one of you, one on the tools, one getting whatever you can out of the vehicle

Back
Top Bottom