The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Still waiting............

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
After being told that it's April, then May now.....:cautious:

CASE REFERENCE: 104055

Hi Mike,

We appreciate you getting in touch with INEOS Automotive.

I hope this email finds you well.

Your vehicle is now awaiting being built, in line with our check. After two weeks, I'll come back and update.

If you require any more assistance in the meantime, don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

Thanks,

Apple May

INEOS Grenadier Customer Service

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
Mate - the updates you get from Customer Service regarding the status of the vehicle are so out of date it’s a waste of keyboard strokes contacting them. Speak to your dealer/agent for the most recent update - and if their spreadsheet is more than two weeks old, ask them to contact Ineos directly for a specific update.

Reactions: Max

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mate - the updates you get from Customer Service regarding the status of the vehicle are so out of date it’s a waste of keyboard strokes contacting them. Speak to your dealer/agent for the most recent update - and if their spreadsheet is more than two weeks old, ask them to contact Ineos directly for a specific update.
Thanks @Davman I did contact the dealer, but so far nothing back from them which is disappointing

Rooballer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @Davman I did contact the dealer, but so far nothing back from them which is disappointing

I am in the same boat - can't get an update from anyone, outside of:
"We will communicate to you once your vehicle has been built + FOK process + VIN + Allocations, etc".

Was a February build, then April then May - still none the wiser.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
it does get very frustrating wondering what is actually going on, but Ineos isn't alone here, Toyota still hasn't given us a build date on a contract signed last November, for what was supposed to be a 6 month delivery.

My first Grenadier build date was last November, it was eventually built in April, so if your first build state was Feb, then probably expect July,

The good news is that deliveries are being made and early recipients are working out a lot of the kinks, so waiting a few extra months isn't such a bad thing.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So my told me a few weeks ago that my car is on the water (but didn't know which ship) and should arrive in port end of June/early July (but didn't know any specific date).

So I contacted INEOS last night assuming that they must know which RoRo they put my car on.

To give them credit they responded overnight but said........

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for contacting INEOS Automotive.

Although we don't yet know the exact delivery date, I can confirm that your car is currently in transit.

I'd say give us another two weeks, and we should have this information available.

I hope this was helpful. Enjoy your day.

Thanks,

Apple May

........................which is less than what my agent knows - go figure!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So my told me a few weeks ago that my car is on the water (but didn't know which ship) and should arrive in port end of June/early July (but didn't know any specific date).

So I contacted INEOS last night assuming that they must know which RoRo they put my car on.

Hi Mark,

Although we don't yet know the exact delivery date, I can confirm that your car is currently in transit.

I'd say give us another two weeks, and we should have this information available.

Thanks,

Apple May

2 weeks is their standard time for anything at the moment.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The only other material purchase in life which has the potential for more disappointment and emotional let downs, coupled with empty promises, is buying or selling property in the UK housing market!!!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The only other material purchase in life which has the potential for more disappointment and emotional let downs, coupled with empty promises, is buying or selling property in the UK housing market!!!
Agree. But just like buying the Grenadier well worth it when the stars align.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree. But just like buying the Grenadier well worth it when the stars align.
Agree. Just that the shambles before and during are 95pct avoidable. Too many tyre kickers and lack of financial commitment from the outset drive me nuts!!
Sorry, I've hijacked this thread.

I'm still waiting for my car though.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree. Just that the shambles before and during are 95pct avoidable. Too many tyre kickers and lack of financial commitment from the outset drive me nuts!!
Sorry, I've hijacked this thread.

I'm still waiting for my car though.
And me, I feel worse now because others have theirs, I just feel left out. I'm reconciled to the fact I'll probably be on a 73 plate.

Dieselhorse

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody, what about that:
My Gren arrived at the dealership approx 5 weeks ago. It´s there. Materialized. But: Up to this time, they struggle with the registration process and the inspection of the vehicle before handover and as I understood, I stand in a long line with others...
I sit on the floor humming OMMMM to prevent me from becoming a serial killer, dammit.:mad:

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi Mark,

Thanks,

Apple May

these replies from Apple May read as if written by AI.

Apple May, or Maynot

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

As far as I'm aware there are two vessels on their way to Oz with Grenadiers, the Figaro and Tortugas, both are due in July.

Mine is on the Tortugas, so I've gone from logging onto Ineos daily to see if my status has been updated, to stalking the Tortugas as it bunny-hops ports on it's way to Aussie.

A bit tragic, but it's a bit of fun and makes me feel like something is actually happening, she is currently moored in Durban ... do we call vessels 'she' these days ??? I have no idea anymore !!!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well for a few of us we had to live through the "your car is in production" to being told wks later that our cars were not in production... and then zero task updates grin IA to our dealers. I think IA just bullsh1t their information to the dealers here to keep people from actively chastising IA online for their poor communication and show delivery schedule which had missed every single milestone they ever touted. The process of obtaining a Gren in Australia (with real indignation not lies) has been dismal.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware there are two vessels on their way to Oz with Grenadiers, the Figaro and Tortugas, both are due in July.

Mine is on the Tortugas, so I've gone from logging onto Ineos daily to see if my status has been updated, to stalking the Tortugas as it bunny-hops ports on it's way to Aussie.

A bit tragic, but it's a bit of fun and makes me feel like something is actually happening, she is currently moored in Durban ... do we call vessels 'she' these days ??? I have no idea anymore !!!
I am the same level of tragic, mine is on the Figaro. I believe there any also be some on the Thermopylae due in Brisbane on the 24th.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well for a few of us we had to live through the "your car is in production" to being told wks later that our cars were not in production...
I think you'll find that's pretty well most of us here, I was originally informed my build date was November, In December I couldn't make any changes to the specification as the car was in production, but there was no contract, which wasn't that unusual at the time, then apparently it was in production in Feb, then the contract arrived late Feb, the next update was April when it had been built and was in batch and hold ... so yes, it's a bit of a roller coaster and communication is very poor, knowing what's happening would have been nice, but it wouldn't have resulted in the car arriving any earlier. I just stopped chasing it up because it was unreliable and only resulted in frustration ... the 'hurry up and wait' attitude worked best.

There are now 3 Grenadier carrying vessels I know of arriving in Aussie in the next 3 weeks, so cars are arriving on-shore, and there are already a stack here, ... BUT ... apparently now we are still waiting on a few parts so the dealers can fit out the cars for delivery ... the saga continues.

Last edited:

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Thermopylae is running a little late…. was due Bris 23rd originally….
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIA
26 Jun
27 Jun

PORT KEMBLA, AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIA
02 Jul
03 Jul

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIA
04 Jul
06 Jul

FREMANTLE, AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIA
11 Jul

Attachments

• IMG_4815.jpeg
    IMG_4815.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 6

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think you'll find that's pretty well most of us here, I was originally informed my build date was November, In December I couldn't make any changes to the specification as the car was in production, but there was no contract, which wasn't that unusual at the time, then apparently it was in production in Feb, then the contract arrived late Feb, the next update was April when it had been built and was in batch and hold ... so yes, it's a bit of a roller coaster and communication is very poor, knowing what's happening would have been nice, but it wouldn't have resulted in the car arriving any earlier. I just stopped chasing it up because it was unreliable and only resulted in frustration ... the 'hurry up and wait' attitude worked best.

There are now 3 Grenadier carrying vessels I know of arriving in Aussie in the next 3 weeks, so cars are arriving on-shore, and there are already a stack here, ... BUT ... apparently now we are still waiting on a few parts so the dealers can fit out the cars for delivery ... the saga continues.
When you have 100K sitting on the side which could be otherwise better used in the interim would have been helpful - instead they give us flakey dates (using money for the business to generate earnings). I said all along that I didn't want to put my cash in to a locked investment for 6 months, in case the car arrived in 4 months etc etc. The truth is that I could have easily invested my money for 6-8 months past the original 'delivery date'. Instead, a wasted opportunity because of fake production advice.

Back
Top Bottom