The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
After what I will term miscommunication, I went to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles today (snowstorm yesterday so it was closed) to transfer my plate from my previous vehicle to my Grenadier. I have all the necessary paperwork provided by my dealer and waited a short amount of time. The worker seemed to be struggling and went for her supervisor. Turns out that INEOS is not in their system at all. They have requested it be added but said it could take a couple of days. Of course in the meantime I cannot have a temp tag because they have to assign it to the vehicle which as stated above is not in the system. Normally you have 7 days to be able to drive w/out a registration after a purchase/transfer. I am now at 16 days...If I were to be pulled over I could get a few tickets AND potentially have the vehicle towed...

KO Ineos AND Curry Ineos can thank me for being the guinea pig and getting the INEOS put into the Massachusetts Registry system. I can only imagine that if I hadn't done this that the first person buying the Grenadier from KO wouldn't be able to get their registration causing further delay...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After what I will term miscommunication, I went to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles today (snowstorm yesterday so it was closed) to transfer my plate from my previous vehicle to my Grenadier. I have all the necessary paperwork provided by my dealer and waited a short amount of time. The worker seemed to be struggling and went for her supervisor. Turns out that INEOS is not in their system at all. They have requested it be added but said it could take a couple of days. Of course in the meantime I cannot have a temp tag because they have to assign it to the vehicle which as stated above is not in the system. Normally you have 7 days to be able to drive w/out a registration after a purchase/transfer. I am now at 16 days...If I were to be pulled over I could get a few tickets AND potentially have the vehicle towed...

KO Ineos AND Curry Ineos can thank me for being the guinea pig and getting the INEOS put into the Massachusetts Registry system. I can only imagine that if I hadn't done this that the first person buying the Grenadier from KO wouldn't be able to get their registration causing further delay...
Carry copies of all that stuff in your truck should you get pulled over. You can show and explain everything to the officer and maybe he'll forget you were doing 90 in a 45.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same thing happened with another forum member and the state of Maryland... on behalf of your fellow citizens, thanks for being the first haha

AJW_603

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I went through a similar process with the DMV in New Hampshire about a month ago. The process to add INEOS as a manufacturer took about 2hrs once they had the right people involved. I was planning to make a quick stop to grab a 20 day temp before heading to Curry in CT. Needless to say I got to know the DMV staff pretty well and ended up arriving home that evening a bit later than I originally planned.

Welcome to the Shire INEOS!

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update: No surprise...2 days have gone by and Ineos is still not in the system. I was told that they needed to get someone else involved. Not sure why this is so difficult and what is need to add a new manufacturer into the Registry system.

I did reach out to KO and left a message but have not received a call back. With Monday (19th) being a holiday they will not be able to register vehicles or give out temp plates because it won't be in the system yet. More delays for KO (this time definitely not their fault) customers.

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Massachusetts has some of the best colleges in the country yet we seem to have trouble adding a new entry in a pull down menu.
It would require at least 19 DMV/State workers in CA - of which only 4 would show up for work at a given time, then perhaps 750hrs of overtime, with 2 of the folks going out on 'stress leave' from trying to spell Ineos thinking it was an Isuzu, then 45 days later still trying to fight which job title controls 'pull down menus'

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received the call from the Registry at about 10:45 am this morning. Went down about Noon time and walked out with my registration an hour or so later!

Hopefully KO Ineos is processing peoples transactions now!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got mine hopefully it goes smoothly for Curry at the Registry
Congratulations. If everything has worked out now, it will still work out. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They shouldn't have an issue. IThere was some confusion @ Curry with my registration which delayed me a bit from finally getting in registered. The Grenadier is in the RMV system so any dealer should be able to get it registered.

Back
Top Bottom