The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

BMW M 340 motor

Local time
1:40 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday, Ineos Grenadier’s, Instagram page posted a video of an IG with BMW M motor with 382 hp. It seems to have now been removed. Signs of things to come? I like it, if true👍🏻

Attachments

• IMG_1298.jpeg
    IMG_1298.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 22

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:40 AM
Reaction score
Great, an M version to compete with the AMG Gwagon, just what I have been hoping for...not
On a similar note though Lynn Calder, during an interview, did mention that INEOS was looking at some limited edition (not sure that how she said it) versions taking into account comments back from the market which I took to mean factory 35s etc.

Local time
Reaction score
Coming to a country club near you 😂. Personally, I think that with a new vehicle which has to compete with other brands, it is no problem adding some variety to boost sales. I’m sure you can add or not add like the rest of the options. I mean people are complaining about where to put their coffee cups and they can’t find the keyhole🤦🏻‍♂️

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another easy way to achieve the same power is through an ECU reflash (y)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Coming to a country club near you 😂. Personally, I think that with a new vehicle which has to compete with other brands, it is no problem adding some variety to boost sales. I’m sure you can add or not add like the rest of the options. I mean people are complaining about where to put their coffee cups and they can’t find the keyhole🤦🏻‍♂️
In our right hand drive vehicles we have to insert the key with our left hand, and I have still never had a problem, day or night.
Two cupholders in the front should be more than enough to hold drinks, however none in the back caused a 1 minute problem for my daughter last weekend.
She put her drink bottle in the door pocket instead.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
You're pokin' the bear Dave!
But a special needs edition will be on the horizon 😉

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they have figured out their two biggest North American market problems. One, is that the spartan concept has you competing with the taco crowd, and two, whether complicated or simple, the North American market place is not very tolerant if the stuff doesn’t work.

it only makes sense to add the normal set of North American market features for every other $100,000 SUV out there, and get your orders where you can. They are all going to be special ordered anyway, so you’re not going to be sitting on boats full of inventory that are not pre-sold.
it might actually be easier, because you’re into the third or fourth production year and most of these niggling things should be gone by then.

A posh version with matte paint, upgraded interior, chipped motor, heated steering wheel, purpose built stereo, console cooler, headlight washers, will put far more beans per sale into their pot. All of which is mature technology. Off the shelf more than likely.

I know that seems like sacrilege, but, I was shooting driven grouse for a month last year, and quietly queried a number of the “beautiful people” on the moor. (Most riding around in chauffeured Land Rovers). There were many strong, but clear opinions.

Last edited:

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
They can do anything they want to the Grenadier to get it sold, provided they support the original platform properly!

I am (will be) a long term owner, so as long as I can keep my truck on the road I will be happy. If parts become obsolete I need a workaround, if software is redeveloped, it either needs to work on the existing platform or there is an easy upgrade path to a new architecture. If they have to abandon a particular path, the IP/Hardware/Software needs to go Open Source so the aftermarket can support it.

If blingy versions are the cost of more sales, then go for it! I won't buy one, I've bought mine.

So more power, more luxury, more gears, 6x6, firefighting conversions with a cannon, drop-in camper conversions, bars, mechanical support wagons, whatever!

(I'd be tempted with a drop-in electrical conversion, say 2 motor 4x4 with 400 miles range and fast recharging, but I guess it is technically impossible at the moment).

What Land Rover got right with the old (pre 2016) Defender was that most enhancements from the early 110s/90s to the last of the Tdcis could be retrofitted, (or at least hacked about until they looked like it fitted), and most of the build and running data was comparatively easily found. I appreciate that amateurs restyling vehicles for their own uses really annoyed Gerry McGovern, and it did not make JLR money, but it does not have to be that way, (just manage your IP properly).

I'm told that a wind deflector is being added to the accessories range, so I'll buy them, a ladder and some fixings to hold a farm jack and a rigid tow bar and be content. I don't need more power or more luxury.

AWo

Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
I appreciate that amateurs restyling vehicles for their own uses really annoyed Gerry McGovern, and it did not make JLR money, but it does not have to be that way.
+1

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they have figured out their two biggest North American market problems. One, is that the spartan concept has you competing with the taco crowd, and two, whether complicated or simple, the North American market place is not very tolerant if the stuff doesn’t work.

it only makes sense to add the normal set of North American market features for every other $100,000 SUV out there, and get your orders where you can. They are all going to be special ordered anyway, so you’re not going to be sitting on boats full of inventory that are not pre-sold.
it might actually be easier, because you’re into the third or fourth production year and most of these niggling things should be gone by then.

A posh version with matte paint, upgraded interior, chipped motor, heated steering wheel, purpose built stereo, console cooler, headlight washers, will put far more beans per sale into their pot. All of which is mature technology. Off the shelf more than likely.

I know that seems like sacrilege, but, I was shooting driven grouse for a month last year, and quietly queried a number of the “beautiful people” on the moor. (Most riding around in chauffeured Land Rovers). There were many strong, but clear opinions.
Anyone who has been shooting driven grouse for a month is one of thr “beautiful people” 😉

Back
Top Bottom