The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sticking door handle button?

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a sticking drivers door external door button which prevents the door from
Latching into the B post door latch? Spray grease temporarily sorts it but it’s back in a couple of days?
Yes…. Not driver door but both rear and boot. Rear are sticking and boot is hard. Dealer said it’s a known issue. Rear is an easy fix, requires filing the catch within. Boot is probably a replacement.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
Yep, driver's door button keeps sticking. Sprayed some dry silicone in there and it worked for a few days. Hoping it wears itself well otherwise will ask agent to fix though not confident of that. Paracord to hand incase of need!

Reactions: PBD

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes same as the above rear passenger doors sticking sprayed with silicone and temporarily are ok, had the truck for 6 months now and its only occurred within the past week

Ta

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
There is a recall on this issue which involves an extra washer going behind the push button to stop it going in so far and catching, contact your agent and they will sort this for you. (y)

Exactly what my dealer has told me, I have three doors affected. I used some silicone spray that made it even worse as a temporary fix. I have now used WD40 and that seems a much better option and so far so good after a week.

My dealer told me if the problem is reported they do all of the doors. Apparently the push buttons are going in too far, that’s why a rubber washer is being fitted to stop it.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a recall on this issue which involves an extra washer going behind the push button to stop it going in so far and catching, contact your agent and they will sort this for you. (y)
Hi Steve,
I know the recall campaign and my dealer has already tried it out on his vehicle. But it doesn't work. It's not because the button is pressed in too deeply. It also gets stuck even if it is not pressed so deeply. That's why we won't be carrying out the conversion work on my vehicle. I had the same issue a few months ago. The issue was solved with WD40. Just this week a button got stuck again. I will stick with WD40 for the time being.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
Same topic here. The two doors in the back are really bad, driver door okay.
PTFE Spray helps for a few days…. But can nit ne the final solution.
If there is a recall on this tolic I guess my dealer will fix it at the first 20.000 km inspection, which is soon.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Steve,
I know the recall campaign and my dealer has already tried it out on his vehicle. But it doesn't work. It's not because the button is pressed in too deeply. It also gets stuck even if it is not pressed so deeply. That's why we won't be carrying out the conversion work on my vehicle. I had the same issue a few months ago. The issue was solved with WD40. Just this week a button got stuck again. I will stick with WD40 for the time being.

That’s not encouraging to hear the fix doesn’t work. Not had it done on mine yet, so can’t comment. Not that I don’t believe you.

If this is the case, I wonder if another spring instead of a washer would help.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s not encouraging to hear the fix doesn’t work. Not had it done on mine yet, so can’t comment. Not that I don’t believe you.

If this is the case, I wonder if another spring instead of a washer would help.
My dealer has removed the door handle from his vehicle. This was very time-consuming, as the inner door panelling had to be removed. Despite the washer being inserted, the knob got stuck. It seems to be due to the friction of the knob. I could imagine that a stronger spring would overcome the frictional forces or the jamming. I will wait until there is a proper solution. I got my vehicle in April. Shortly afterwards, a knob got stuck, which I made smooth with WD40 until I lubricated it again today. I can live with this length of time.

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
My dealer has removed the door handle from his vehicle. This was very time-consuming, as the inner door panelling had to be removed. Despite the washer being inserted, the knob got stuck. It seems to be due to the friction of the knob. I could imagine that a stronger spring would overcome the frictional forces or the jamming. I will wait until there is a proper solution. I got my vehicle in April. Shortly afterwards, a knob got stuck, which I made smooth with WD40 until I lubricated it again today. I can live with this length of time.
Interesting. I’m aware there’s been a recall on this issue, and I have the same on 2 doors. However, my dealer had a very different explanation and solution- apparently it’s a catch within that’s supposed to release the knob, and the catch needs to be filed down because it’s “catching” too much. I’ll be heading in for a service at 7k (about a week from now) and it’ll be sorted then.

Must say, my dealer has been stellar so far…

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. I’m aware there’s been a recall on this issue, and I have the same on 2 doors. However, my dealer had a very different explanation and solution- apparently it’s a catch within that’s supposed to release the knob, and the catch needs to be filed down because it’s “catching” too much. I’ll be heading in for a service at 7k (about a week from now) and it’ll be sorted then.

Must say, my dealer has been stellar so far…
I am curious to see whether this will solve the problem. That would make me happy. If so, please let us know. Thank you very much.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes agreed, I will certainly hold off the washer fix until the correct fix is decided.

It certainly looks like simple WD40 is the current remedy in the short term.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a sticking drivers door external door button which prevents the door from
Latching into the B post door latch? Spray grease temporarily sorts it but it’s back in a couple of days?
Same issue as loads of others here. Since using a graphite spray some weeks back, no reoccurrence so far.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting hearing different experiences with the push buttons as all the ones we've done have been fine with the extra washer stopping the button from going in to far. The lube spray does help on some but the washer has been the fix for us. Yes it is a door-card off job to do it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
I seem to recall one of the holdups for the initial Australian batches was something to do with needing to redesign the door handle mechanism?
But maybe I dreamt it. Someone will know!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I seem to recall one of the holdups for the initial Australian batches was something to do with needing to redesign the door handle mechanism?
But maybe I dreamt it. Someone will know!
Dreaming of Grenadiers, you're sounding like me now. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom