The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sticking door handle button?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
Mine is going in for two days 2nd and 3rd Jan 2024 for the modification, will let you know how it goes folks
I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say. The official instruction from Ineos to the dealers is to use an O-ring. My dealer went to a lot of trouble to convert this on his vehicle. It was not successful. Even after that, the buttons got stuck again.
Perhaps your dealer will do it differently. I would be pleased for you and for us.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to hearing what you have to say. The official instruction from Ineos to the dealers is to use an O-ring. My dealer went to a lot of trouble to convert this on his vehicle. It was not successful. Even after that, the buttons got stuck again.
Perhaps your dealer will do it differently. I would be pleased for you and for us.
50% of the time I have to use a bit of wooden dowel (so no damage) and a small hammer to tap the locks on mine so that they"pop" back out. Mainly on back door drivers side, but also drivers door and back door. Mine has also been supposedly fixed :ROFLMAO:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
50% of the time I have to use a bit of wooden dowel (so no damage) and a small hammer to tap the locks on mine so that they"pop" back out. Mainly on back door drivers side, but also drivers door and back door. Mine has also been supposedly fixed :ROFLMAO:
But hitting it doesn't sound good. Since I got the vehicle at the beginning of April, yesterday was the 3rd time that 2 buttons got stuck. I sprayed WD40 each time. That worked well each time. And with this time interval, it's ok for me. This is a part of my personal maintenance work.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But hitting it doesn't sound good. Since I got the vehicle at the beginning of April, yesterday was the 3rd time that 2 buttons got stuck. I sprayed WD40 each time. That worked well each time. And with this time interval, it's ok for me. This is a part of my personal maintenance work.
Done all of that too mate.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had on the right front door now a sticking button, too. Have fixed the problem with this:
View attachment 7837860
Got it as a sample on a fair, works!
I have a similar product produced for Mercedes convertibles. Will give it a try and see if it works on the door buttons. Currently, a bit embarrassing having to clonk the door handle with a fold up umbrella anytime someone try's the drivers side rear door.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a sticking drivers door external door button which prevents the door from
Latching into the B post door latch? Spray grease temporarily sorts it but it’s back in a couple of days?
Yes, Driver door sticks every other use at least. Have to press it again to release. Going to give it some WD40 love today to see if that mitigates it. Haven’t had it as much with the others. But it has happened on the pass and the rear a few times.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, Driver door sticks every other use at least. Have to press it again to release. Going to give it some WD40 love today to see if that mitigates it. Haven’t had it as much with the others. But it has happened on the pass and the rear a few times.
WD 40 didn't last long for me. I have used a graphite spray designed for locks which seems to have cured most problems, but still this one door not playing ball.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
WD 40 didn't last long for me. I have used a graphite spray designed for locks which seems to have cured most problems, but still this one door not playing ball.
Yeah this type of stuff is low hanging fruit that should be addressed in the manufacturing process.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just given all my lock pushes a real workout and a soak with a lock lubricant. All working perfectly now. Let’s see how long it lasts. Not a big deal if I have to do it every month or so but not happy on a daily or even weekly basis.
Just like me. We can arrange to meet up regularly to lubricate together. ;)

Vineyard Matt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks, happens to mine too, not great if you have a child open the passenger or back doors as they may not be aware it's not properly shut! Yes the dash will let you know its maybe not latched but not 100% of the time. Happened to me! Anyway the dealer says it's another 'recall' and they will fit 4 x new buttons, they have been ordered and I will go back for a fix sometime. Last time it was in for transfer box change was quite good as I had a diesel 2 seat utility to 'test out' for a couple of days :). Surprisingly good it was! Definitely a LOT lighter than my loaded up 5 seat with a roof and winch etc. and a LOT, LOT, LOT more economic :)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The other thing to note. When lubricating the push buttons, make sure to push them in fully, pressing quite hard on the button. Seems to have worked for me.
How often do you have to re-apply? My front doors seems to be freeing up with use. But the rear back door which faces the prevailing wind and rain is becoming irksome. Yes I know 😌 I'm now parking it the other way round.

Back
Top Bottom