The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sticking door handle button?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
For what it's worth, a solid blow from the palm of your hand works great to unstick the button. A block of wood and a mallet work great to adjust the "hole" alignment so the button doesn't come into contact with it

H11CCX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a sticking drivers door external door button which prevents the door from
Latching into the B post door latch? Spray grease temporarily sorts it but it’s back in a couple of days?
Yes..I have had three doors with this problem, front ,back and tailgate. You think you've shut the door and locked it when actually you have not..I now visually check and recheck . WD40 seems to work when sprayed into the door button circumference.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine went in today for software, floor mats, rear ladder, attention to the "boot wash" function, roof bars and rear picnic table, locking wheel nuts etc. They are aware of a recall on the sticky door knobs but don't have the replacement kits in stock to fix the problem. Will need to go back again to get this job done.

Reactions: PBD

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine happened on the drivers door yesterday evening. I walked back to the car to find out the car door was open, door knob stuck and the alarm wasn’t activated after doing some shopping 🫢. Good job nothing was missing.

Last time I spoke to my dealer I mentioned it it happens occasionally and because they couldn’t get it to happen on the day they basically said they will only repair if it’s always happening or stuck in permanently. (I get the impression it’s a full door strip down and they can’t be arsed). Why can’t they get the basics right? All that testing too!!!

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine still stick in on all of the doors even though it was in for over a month. More worryingly there’s now an awful bang / clunk when the front and rear diff-lockers disengage,I can feel it through the drivers seat! My rear wash does not work either.
More concerning is that the excellent contact at Ineos who sorted was instrumental in my vehicles many rectifications, has not answered my emails?

MikeF

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a sticking drivers door external door button which prevents the door from
Latching into the B post door latch? Spray grease temporarily sorts it but it’s back in a couple of days?
Same here, drivers door, comes and goes, will raise it with dealer. Thanks

Arat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
i took delivery in LA/USA on 12/23/23, same problem with passenger front door, so still a continuing problem. same thing dealer (major local dealer) said they are aware of it.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i took delivery in LA/USA on 12/23/23, same problem with passenger front door, so still a continuing problem. same thing dealer (major local dealer) said they are aware of it.
Mine have been like it from new, 4 weeks now, although the drivers door and passenger door do appear to be " loosening" off with use.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have one rear near side door that has started constantly sticking, repeatedly, regardless of graphite lube application.
I would imagine the "surround" needs to be adjusted... a piece of wood (timber for you folks) and a mallet will fix it in one or two blows.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would imagine the "surround" needs to be adjusted... a piece of wood (timber for you folks) and a mallet will fix it in one or two blows.
Using a fold a way umbrella for exactly that task. 😁

Arat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
Hopefully Grenadier will come up with a proper and substantial solution which will do a world of good to all owners and the brand. This problem exist without doors being exposed to rain or dirt and applying lubricant can not be a remedy. I am very happy with the car, it is hard to build a car without any problem for the first time. Hopefully other and main components of the car will remain as strong as they appear to be and will all have a chance to enjoy our cars the way we have imagined. I am going to dealer tomorrow but i do not expect much yet. And hopefully a software update will provide a chance to remove all the sounds/beeps/tik-tok,... last thing we need a car to tell us what we need to do or watch for or,.... cheers

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully Grenadier will come up with a proper and substantial solution which will do a world of good to all owners and the brand. This problem exist without doors being exposed to rain or dirt and applying lubricant can not be a remedy.

See my solution a few posts up, we used it to "adjust" plenty of the doors on PTO2 vehicles with immediate results... Or, suggest it to your dealer as a solution if you'd prefer

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Experienced my first stuck button today. Dim Mak poison death touch on the handle was the only way to dislodge it. Hoping for a software update fix soon. 😉

Back
Top Bottom