The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sticking door handle button?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Mine sticks all the time, I find pressing the stuck button on the 3 o'clock position helps free it, normally within 2-3 pushes it springs back out.

Reactions: PBD

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I press the door button all the way in before applying graphite lubricant. I then work the button by pressing hard and hopefully allowing the lubricant to penetrate into the latching point. Hopefully this will eventually prove to be a permanent fix and not something I have to do on a regular basis.

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi @Skydance, I know that, thank you for your hint. I meant WD40 silicone spray.
i have used WD40 silicone to unstick my passenger door handle buttons, but have notice that the need is becoming more frequent. Hopefully, the lubricant is not thickening with road dust/dirt and compounding the issue.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
There is a recall on this issue which involves an extra washer going behind the push button to stop it going in so far and catching, contact your agent and they will sort this for you. (y)
I had that done about 3 months ago - drivers door. The button started sticking again 2 weeks ago. The agents are asking ineos for advice then getting it back in again for another shot at fixing it.

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:33 AM
Reaction score
I am going to my dealer next Friday to have my rear passenger door sticking button worked on. Hopefully it fixes

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
i have used WD40 silicone to unstick my passenger door handle buttons, but have notice that the need is becoming more frequent. Hopefully, the lubricant is not thickening with road dust/dirt and compounding the issue.
The buttons have been working for me since the last lubrication. And that was several weeks ago. I mean that I have only lubricated three times since April last year. There is a risk of dust and dirt sticking. I agree with you on that. But I estimate this to be low. I hope that‘s right. I lubricated the locks on the Defender for 20 years without any problems. But they didn't get stuck even without lubrication.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:33 PM
Reaction score
Had on the right front door now a sticking button, too. Have fixed the problem with this:
View attachment 7837860
Got it as a sample on a fair, works!
so, one month with winter weather, low temperatures down to -10C , salted roads, snow, sunny… no button(s) stick again….. will wash the car next weekend and use the spray again

Robert Shields

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious to see whether this will solve the problem. That would make me happy. If so, please let us know. Thank you very much.
Is anyone else experiencing a sticking drivers door external door button which prevents the door from
Latching into the B post door latch? Spray grease temporarily sorts it but it’s back in a couple of days?
Yup, it is just so boring. I find a bash to the door with my fist usually works. But it is a bit primitive!

docandrew

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I seem to be having the opposite problem - outside button works fine, but the door open handle in the rear feels “stuck” after about 30 degrees of opening, and doesn’t disengage the latch. Anyone seen this?

docandrew

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I seem to be having the opposite problem - outside button works fine, but the door open handle in the rear feels “stuck” after about 30 degrees of opening, and doesn’t disengage the latch. Anyone seen this?
Ok shortly after this post went live I had a lightbulb moment - it was the child safety lock 🤦😂 Problem solved!

Back
Top Bottom