The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Standard Australian hitch spigot diameter

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
I have learned that the hole for the spigot in my tow hitch is 1 inch diameter rather than 7/8 inch. Not a major issue but it means sourcing a USA 1 inch spigot version of the DO35 hitch that I will be fitting. The caravan supplier says they aren’t authorised to do this however I can buy one as an individual and swap it. Seems crazy but there you go. I revisited my vehicle specification and it states 7/8 inch which is apparently the Aus standard size, as opposed to 1 inch which is USA standard.
Anyone else noted this?
I have raised a ticket with Ineos and enquired with the dealer to see if I can swap it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 8

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:12 AM
Reaction score
Good spot.

It's something I hadn't noticed as I bought another tongue to get my trailer level. This might be another way to skin the cat. If you do buy another tongue make sure it fits. The INEOS receiver aperture is slightly smaller than standard so not all after-market tongues will fit.

Cheers
Steve

Mikeb62

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Same with mine and I've seen others comment previously. So, I don't know if Ineos will swap as you have the factory hitch. I bought 1" DO35 pin and issue solved. However, as Rok_Dr now moved to another hitch to match trailer height better. Out of 3 other hitches I had, only one fitted the marginally smaller Ineos reciever. It was a Hayman Reese. But you definitely want to test before buying.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I told my caravan supplier to supply the DO35 1" pin. Which they did. I installed it. It's a tight fit and even after removing the hitch hole paint , it wound in very tightly. It's never coming off!

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have learned that the hole for the spigot in my tow hitch is 1 inch diameter rather than 7/8 inch. Not a major issue but it means sourcing a USA 1 inch spigot version of the DO35 hitch that I will be fitting. The caravan supplier says they aren’t authorised to do this however I can buy one as an individual and swap it. Seems crazy but there you go. I revisited my vehicle specification and it states 7/8 inch which is apparently the Aus standard size, as opposed to 1 inch which is USA standard.
Anyone else noted this?
I have raised a ticket with Ineos and enquired with the dealer to see if I can swap it.
Hi Craig,
I was at Couplemate trailers today looking for a new tongue that had less drop then the OME one. The one i got comes with a reducer that allows the DO35 pin to fit ok. Maybe you could think about an adapter/reducer instead of the 1 inch pin. just a thought

Craig

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
All good info - thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom