The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spare Wheel Cover

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
I used to whack the door of my 110 hard top all the time.. in fact I wrecked one door after it failed to close properly and swung open as I set off, it then hit the trailer and i went round a corner…. Crunch… it would have helped if LR had wired the rear door to the interior light, then I would have known that it was open..

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Little door seems the perfect solution :
FB_IMG_1627650834997.jpg
But if it isn't then change the jockey wheel:
Screenshot_20220801_223803.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've managed all this time > 20 years with a Discovery back door with no problem. Since the Grenadier door sections are smaller because of the split there should be even less of a problem. Perhaps I'm just to careful 😎
I am stupid, just realised the Discovery rear doors are lift up and down. That why it is never an issue. 🙊🙊🙊

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
I am stupid, just realised the Discovery rear doors are lift up and down. That why it is never an issue. 🙊🙊🙊
And I thought whether I should ask you if you have a special door solution 😂

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And I thought whether I should ask you if you have a special door solution 😂
But I remember that the lower rear door section snags a bike if it is on the tow ball bike rack. I am getting more and more "senior moments" does this mean I will have to surrender my driving licence?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
A bump on this thread a bit. When combing through the NA brochure this weekend, it says that a spare tire cover is standard on all trim levels. I recall someone showing a photo of one that had a dealer's information on it, but I don't see them in the photos of our member's trucks. Did you get one? Was it crappy? Too much to even bother with?

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A bump on this thread a bit. When combing through the NA brochure this weekend, it says that a spare tire cover is standard on all trim levels. I recall someone showing a photo of one that had a dealer's information on it, but I don't see them in the photos of our member's trucks. Did you get one? Was it crappy? Too much to even bother with?
Yes, I received a spare tyre cover from my dealer - Grange in Edinburgh. It fits well and does the job.

1684761560079.png

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just to add to the mix here.

I collected my pre owned Grenadier last week. It came with a slip over wheel cover (something that Grenadier suppliers are putting on, as it has their logo printed on).

I popped into my local Grenadier supplier to register my vehicle with them, and asked to order the lockable box.
Once he’d ticked all the boxes for each individual part (it’s not supplied as a single item, cheeky buggers) which consisted of many, including three foam inserts at £12 each (+VAT), the tally reached over £500!!!
Order cancelled with immediate effect.

Moral of the story: order it through the configurator.

Even the blank insert is around £120, but as a previous member said, you can at least use the wheel to store some non value items in there, such as snatch straps or similar.
But make sure whatever you store is sealed in bags, as the rim will allow water ingress from the back.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I popped into my local Grenadier supplier to register my vehicle with them, and asked to order the lockable box.
Once he’d ticked all the boxes for each individual part (it’s not supplied as a single item, cheeky buggers) which consisted of many, including three foam inserts at £12 each (+VAT), the tally reached over £500!!!
Order cancelled with immediate effect.
I wonder who's making the money here, the agent or Ineos?

Had to think hard about the foam parts - photos of them here:

Post in thread 'Spare wheel lockable box' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/spare-wheel-lockable-box.12412262/post-1333187840

Local time
Reaction score

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
This might help for those that didn't order factory:

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Probably already been posted but this could also be useful:

Edit: Looks like the material might not be best for sun/long term use according to reviews. Maybe there are other options similar that would be better, or maybe someone else can make one? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:04 PM
Reaction score
Probably already been posted but this could also be usefull:

Less than favourable reviews!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:04 PM
Reaction score
Today - for the first time I tried to lock the spare wheel lock box.

I used the key for the centre storage box but this key will NOT lock the spare wheel storage.

The agent told me same key works on both - can someone please confirm.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom