The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spare Wheel Cover

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
Today - for the first time I tried to lock the spare wheel lock box.

I used the key for the centre storage box but this key will NOT lock the spare wheel storage.

The agent told me same key works on both - can someone please confirm.

cheers
Faaaarck

Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
Today - for the first time I tried to lock the spare wheel lock box.

I used the key for the centre storage box but this key will NOT lock the spare wheel storage.

The agent told me same key works on both - can someone please confirm.

cheers
Different keys sorry

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Return the vehicle. It is not built for purpose ;)
added to page 2 of list of issues to address!

What irritates me is lack of attention to detail - someone clearly forgot to attach the 2 spare wheel box keys to the main keys and when I queried which key locks the storage box - the agent rep didn't know so just gave me BS

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
Just to add to the mix here.

I collected my pre owned Grenadier last week. It came with a slip over wheel cover (something that Grenadier suppliers are putting on, as it has their logo printed on).

I popped into my local Grenadier supplier to register my vehicle with them, and asked to order the lockable box.
Once he’d ticked all the boxes for each individual part (it’s not supplied as a single item, cheeky buggers) which consisted of many, including three foam inserts at £12 each (+VAT), the tally reached over £500!!!
Order cancelled with immediate effect.

Moral of the story: order it through the configurator.

Even the blank insert is around £120, but as a previous member said, you can at least use the wheel to store some non value items in there, such as snatch straps or similar.
But make sure whatever you store is sealed in bags, as the rim will allow water ingress from the back.

My own dealer told me got he caught out with this item. Charged a customer what it cost on the configurator for the lockable cover and then got a bill for over £500 from Ineos.

Unless I have been fed BS and I have no reason to think I have, then it’s Ineos who are making the money.

Two ways of looking at this. Say you lost the keys or split the plastic on the door, then you can buy all the bits separately rather than a dealer saying…..oh that all come as ones unit. It will be £300 please !!.

Good if you already have it, bad if you don’t !!

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
added to page 2 of list of issues to address!

What irritates me is lack of attention to detail - someone clearly forgot to attach the 2 spare wheel box keys to the main keys and when I queried which key locks the storage box - the agent rep didn't know so just gave me BS
Check the box if it's not locked. Maybe the black key is in there? Greetings Barney

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadierboy - The dealer will be happy to know they can buy the barrel and keys separately from Ineos.

Serve them right for losing them.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually - I'm now angry at myself for not thinking laterally - Occam's razor strikes again!!

Thanks Barney from saving me embrassement at the agent

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Return the vehicle. It is not built for purpose ;)
If the purpose was to keep the owner out of the spare tire cubby, it is indeed fit for purpose.

Last edited:

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I´ve got four keys. Two open the spare wheel storage - not easy, but they work. Two of them open nothing. I can´t lock the centre storage.
These keys are the worst quality tools of my car.
But the rest of the car works fine... :)

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just got my Grenadier. Apparently, at least the agent told me, the lock for the sparewheel box is not fitted anymore. The new “solution“ is a ridiculous cheap plastic “key“ to “lock” the box (will post a picture later; was also only given one “key”). I also get the impression that there is one variant, so that every box on any Grenadier could be opened with it. Have I only received this “solution” or has anyone out there made the same experience?

Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
The key/ lock barrel is available to order ask your dealer for a proper solution

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The key/ lock barrel is available to order ask your dealer for a proper solution
I just asked him. He told me that it’s not available any longer as most fitted locks caused problems after some time and that this would be the new solution… Have you asked you dealer? Or how do you know that the key/ lock barrel ist still available?

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just asked him. He told me that it’s not available any longer as most fitted locks caused problems after some time and that this would be the new solution… Have you asked you dealer? Or how do you know that the key/ lock barrel ist still available?
Das kann ich verstehen. Ich habe selbst eine abschließbare Reserverad-Box. Das dort verbaute Schloss ist leider von minderwertiger Qualität. Das gleiche gilt für das Schloss in der abschließbaren Mittelkonsole. Der gleiche Schrott. Da hat Ineos sich keinen Gefallen getan, bei diesen beiden Schlössern so an der Qualität zu sparen. Ich habe für die beiden Schlösser vier Schlüssel. Keiner der Schlüssel sperrt an der Mittelkonsole, zwei Schlüssel sperren die Reserverad-Box, aber auch nur widerwillig. Am falschen Fleck gespart. Es gibt wohl doch schon dumme, dumme Kostenrechner bei Ineos. Schade eigentlich. Diese Deppen, die solche Schlösser kaufen, sollte man entlassen. Sofort.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Das kann ich verstehen. Ich habe selbst eine abschließbare Reserverad-Box. Das dort verbaute Schloss ist leider von minderwertiger Qualität. Das gleiche gilt für das Schloss in der abschließbaren Mittelkonsole. Der gleiche Schrott. Da hat Ineos sich keinen Gefallen getan, bei diesen beiden Schlössern so an der Qualität zu sparen. Ich habe für die beiden Schlösser vier Schlüssel. Keiner der Schlüssel sperrt an der Mittelkonsole, zwei Schlüssel sperren die Reserverad-Box, aber auch nur widerwillig. Am falschen Fleck gespart. Es gibt wohl doch schon dumme, dumme Kostenrechner bei Ineos. Schade eigentlich. Diese Deppen, die solche Schlösser kaufen, sollte man entlassen. Sofort.
kann man die durch vernünftige ersetzen?

Back
Top Bottom