The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spare Wheel Cover

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:21 AM
Reaction score
MB has version for the G Wagon. Almost 3x the price and only firs 20 inch wheels.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Is there a drain hole to accommodate melting ice in the bottom? Just curious.
It’s not water tight, there is what feels like a very small drain hole but I think the water just comes out between the join in the outer & inner lower panels (I poured some in and it came out quickly). The outer door panel has a rubber seal.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
MB has version for the G Wagon. Almost 3x the price and only firs 20 inch wheels.

Price is nutty, I agree. But it’s not plastic and is built to a higher standard.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
<$20 all-black vinyl cover on Amazon. Some you can even upload your own graphic. Spend another $20 in two years when it’s had too much sun exposure.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Is the key the same as the lockable center console?
No, separate keys. But on mine, the tire storage key fits, but the locking mechanism doesn’t. I took it apart but couldn’t get it to work. The lever turns to the open and close position, it just doesn’t lock.

Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
No, separate keys. But on mine, the tire storage key fits, but the locking mechanism doesn’t. I took it apart but couldn’t get it to work. The lever turns to the open and close position, it just doesn’t lock.
They’re shipped in the tire. Ours were still there along with the hex socket.

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same with mine. I thought I was a dummy. My center console doesn’t lock either. Keys fit, but can’t turn it. 🤯

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found that the center console key will fit in, turn and lock the spare tire compartment, but not unlock it. I realized I was using the wrong key. Once I figured out which key to use, both locks now work flawless.

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that the plastic coated key is the spare cover and the metal is the center console. 60% of the time I'm right all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom