The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Spare Wheel Cover

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
I like the idea of having a removable bag ~ it seems it's already available in certain sizes:

17F172A5-8AE1-4EDF-BE7D-8F2DCC3FCFB6_1296x.jpg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
I like the idea of having a removable bag ~ it seems it's already available in certain sizes:

View attachment 7797302
Popular here are versions of the Trasheroo hanging off the back - firewood on the way in, rubbish on the way out.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Trasheroo is a great idea-I've never seen one before.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7797302
That is perfect for wet swimming and surfing gear...happy motoring

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great idea but pricey to put your rubbish in. Cheapest in the U.K. is £83 on Amazon. Quite a lot money for a canvas bag in my opinion.
Yes, I guess you need to picture it in an environment where the loadspace of the vehicle is stuffed to the gills with drawers, fridge, recovery kit etc and noone wants the trash bouncing around in the passenger compartment.

Zacman110

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Seems like the right thread to ask this… does anyone know if on production vehicles there is some nifty mechanism to prevent shutting the big door onto the small door? Agree it might be unlikely, but it could be a bit tragic for the paint.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the prototype I looked at was suffering from exactly that issue. A nice neat ding in the small door. I was told that there was a fix in the works ~ described as a rubber bumper/buffer that would stop it making contact on the outer skin.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a fix. When on our prototype drive day. The Ineos rep said it had been fixed. Not sure but I think a rubber stopper on inside of large door to stop clashing onto small door

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seems like the right thread to ask this… does anyone know if on production vehicles there is some nifty mechanism to prevent shutting the big door onto the small door? Agree it might be unlikely, but it could be a bit tragic for the paint.
Yes, it is between the ears, behind the eyes and above the mouth.
Sometimes it malfunctions

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
I gently tried to close wrong order on a PTO 2 weeks back. Big door hits ladder, not the small doors paint. But still a rubber stopper would be sweet.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it is between the ears, behind the eyes and above the mouth.
Sometimes it malfunctions
Or, one's "not tuned in" partner. My wife wanted to put something in the back of my pickup - before I got "lower it slowly" out of my mouth, down it game at full speed, snapped the cable and the tailgate slammed into the bumper.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
A rubber on the inside of the larger door which protudes over the large door and even over the edge of the small door as well will do the job. Nothing special imho.

Principle like so, blue is the rubber part:

doorrubber.jpg

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A rubber on the inside of the larger door which protudes over the large door and even over the edge of the small door as well will do the job. Nothing special imho.

Principle like so, blue is the rubber part:

View attachment 7800142

Good idea.

Could swear that right hand door appears to be closing in your diagram

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a pneumatic strut that is attached to the bottom of the large door, that I assume is there to hold the door open. I have a photo, but it’s not as good as one that @DCPU will have stashed away somewhere.

Attachments

• 322A9819-893F-45CC-ADAB-DFAB21A92A8A.jpeg
    322A9819-893F-45CC-ADAB-DFAB21A92A8A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is a pneumatic strut that is attached to the bottom of the large door, that I assume is there to hold the door open. I have a photo, but it’s not as good as one that @DCPU will have stashed away somewhere.
There is, but it’s fairly useless, at least it was on the prototype I checked it on.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is, but it’s fairly useless, at least it was on the prototype I checked it on.
They will have a solution. The self closing door is a really week spot at the old Defender. Most owners I know (including me myself and I) have changed the original door opener in a gas strut.
I think that Ineos killed all big problems of the old Defender. So they will have a solution for the door for sure!

I hope

Back
Top Bottom