The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry that I am only now getting back to you with a first report, but I had many other things to do and could hardly deal with the Grenadier until now.
As of now, I have only driven 300 km on country roads. Therefore, I can only give my first impressions. I will of course report if there is anything to add. I have also not set any order or prioritisation in the following list:
- Mass of the vehicle determined on scales (Trialmaster, only basic equipment with partition grid and floor mats) without driver -> 2840 kg, leaving only 660 kg payload.
- No problems with gaps in the plastic interior trim, everything fits very well.
- The rubber floor mats in the front and rear are a perfect fit and do not slip.
- The steering is a bit spongy for me and not so direct, also the steering wheel turns back to the straight-ahead position only very slowly after turning, here you have to steer back to the straight-ahead position with your hands. I don't know this from my other vehicles.
- The interior is very quiet, but at certain resonance frequencies you can hear a very slight vibration of the plastic in the glove compartment area. I'm still working that out.
- The seats are basically fine. However, they press me in the kidney area. An adjustable lumbar support would be desirable. Since I deliberately chose the Trialmaster, an adult person can sit behind me without bumping knees. My seat is in the rearmost position.
- The doors close very well. I would have liked a proper handle on the inside of the large rear door.
- After only a few kilometres, I cannot yet make any statements about fuel consumption. We'll have to wait and see for a few hundred kilometres.
- The plastic bumpers don't impress me. But steel is unfortunately not allowed in our country.
- It is good that there is a positive pole in the engine compartment. But unfortunately there is no earth pole. This is no problem for my battery charge controller. There are many small screw heads here. The situation is different for a jumper cable. Here I still have to find a suitable earth connection.
- Bumps and holes in the road are compensated very well. I am really impressed.
- If you're not careful, you quickly reach the speed limit.
- The automatic shifts very well in my opinion, even if it was a little more noticeable at times.
- The half-height load compartment grille I chose has already proved its worth. I folded down one backrest and loaded a brush cutter. However, this was then completely between the front seats.
- I should have chosen the smoking package, then I would have had a 12V socket. I miss that already.
- The welding spots on the side panels don't bother me at all. They simply match the vehicle.
- The multimedia system in connection with the iphone kept me very busy. I got out because I had neither the time nor the inclination. I would have liked a proper radio better.
- It was also good that I opted for the door sill panels. I am very tall and can manage without them. With children or elderly people, getting in without them becomes a problem.

That's all I can think of at the moment. But I'm sure there will be a sequel.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry that I am only now getting back to you with a first report, but I had many other things to do and could hardly deal with the Grenadier until now.
As of now, I have only driven 300 km on country roads. Therefore, I can only give my first impressions. I will of course report if there is anything to add. I have also not set any order or prioritisation in the following list:
- Mass of the vehicle determined on scales (Trialmaster, only basic equipment with partition grid and floor mats) without driver -> 2840 kg, leaving only 660 kg payload.
- No problems with gaps in the plastic interior trim, everything fits very well.
- The rubber floor mats in the front and rear are a perfect fit and do not slip.
- The steering is a bit spongy for me and not so direct, also the steering wheel turns back to the straight-ahead position only very slowly after turning, here you have to steer back to the straight-ahead position with your hands. I don't know this from my other vehicles.
- The interior is very quiet, but at certain resonance frequencies you can hear a very slight vibration of the plastic in the glove compartment area. I'm still working that out.
- The seats are basically fine. However, they press me in the kidney area. An adjustable lumbar support would be desirable. Since I deliberately chose the Trialmaster, an adult person can sit behind me without bumping knees. My seat is in the rearmost position.
- The doors close very well. I would have liked a proper handle on the inside of the large rear door.
- After only a few kilometres, I cannot yet make any statements about fuel consumption. We'll have to wait and see for a few hundred kilometres.
- The plastic bumpers don't impress me. But steel is unfortunately not allowed in our country.
- It is good that there is a positive pole in the engine compartment. But unfortunately there is no earth pole. This is no problem for my battery charge controller. There are many small screw heads here. The situation is different for a jumper cable. Here I still have to find a suitable earth connection.
- Bumps and holes in the road are compensated very well. I am really impressed.
- If you're not careful, you quickly reach the speed limit.
- The automatic shifts very well in my opinion, even if it was a little more noticeable at times.
- The half-height load compartment grille I chose has already proved its worth. I folded down one backrest and loaded a brush cutter. However, this was then completely between the front seats.
- I should have chosen the smoking package, then I would have had a 12V socket. I miss that already.
- The welding spots on the side panels don't bother me at all. They simply match the vehicle.
- The multimedia system in connection with the iphone kept me very busy. I got out because I had neither the time nor the inclination. I would have liked a proper radio better.
- It was also good that I opted for the door sill panels. I am very tall and can manage without them. With children or elderly people, getting in without them becomes a problem.

That's all I can think of at the moment. But I'm sure there will be a sequel.
Many thanks to you. It is this type of feedback we are looking for.

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
I should have chosen the smoking package, then I would have had a 12V socket. I miss that already.
So no 12v socket in the stowage box?? It was there on the PT02 I looked at.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So no 12v socket in the stowage box?? It was there on the PT02 I looked at.
There is a socket in the storage box, and another one in the load compartment.. plus two usb sockets in the rear passenger seating area..

I should add that the night time illumination is fantastic inside the cabin. All the door pulls have their own lighting, there’s footwell illumination in the front and puddle lamps. The night time ambience exceeds my expectations..

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB Does this seem low to you? Like only 70kg more than a GX?
Depends how much fuel he has onboard
The GX figure is with 10% fuel on board from memory
Below is the figures for the UK spec trialmaster, which should be the same as his.
I assume he has the diesel which with 90% fuel weighs 2,811
So he has added another 29kg which as it says will give exactly 660kg payload.
So he just confirmed the Ineos claimed figures are accurate

1682807310329.png

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dropped my lad off to cricket earlier. Nice run in the Gren, mix of country lanes, A roads and dual carriageway.. At 75 on the dual, it‘s magnificent and a nice place to be. Now I’ve had a few hours of playing, the steering is all muscle memory and imho, what was all the fuss about it.
Ditto the foot rest. I’m 6’4 and it’s a total non issue for me.
The reason for this post was temperate related. As you can see from the picture, you get great data from all the sensors and I’m thinking that these are all normal operating conditions for my driving. The engine temperature gets is to c 106 and c 96 depending on what you’re driving on. The engine fan is super powerful and draws over 100 amps, it is quite loud and stays on for a few mins after shutdown.

You know you’re driving a lot of mass, but it handles really well and MPG is c 23.. I’ve got a long run on Tuesday so will see if I can improve it.
That’s about 12l/100km. For a vehicle this size and weight with a new engine that’s not at all bad. Once I put a lot of junk on my D3 with a 2.8l V6 it was about that average mixed, could get lower on the highway

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s about 12l/100km. For a vehicle this size and weight with a new engine that’s not at all bad. Once I put a lot of junk on my D3 with a 2.8l V6 it was about that average mixed, could get lower on the highway
12L ain't to bad of there was not much highway. Looking forward to testing this on QLD roads! The RHD footrest seems to be ok for tall people... That's 3 people over 6 foot ego said is ok. Now where is the 5'10 reviewer. I want to see if they can reach the throttle without having to stretch that right leg a little!!!

Look forward to another impression from you if you grey a good highway trip in!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The RHD footrest seems to be ok for tall people... That's 3 people over 6 foot ego said is ok. Now where is the 5'10 reviewer. I want to see if they can reach the throttle without having to stretch that right leg a little!!!

Look forward to another impression from you if you grey a good highway trip in!
That’s it Trobex - cling to that old chestnut mate, I’m sure someone will come along eventually and provide a negative validation. 😂😂

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dropped my lad off to cricket earlier. Nice run in the Gren, mix of country lanes, A roads and dual carriageway.. At 75 on the dual, it‘s magnificent and a nice place to be. Now I’ve had a few hours of playing, the steering is all muscle memory and imho, what was all the fuss about it.
Ditto the foot rest. I’m 6’4 and it’s a total non issue for me.
The reason for this post was temperate related. As you can see from the picture, you get great data from all the sensors and I’m thinking that these are all normal operating conditions for my driving. The engine temperature gets is to c 106 and c 96 depending on what you’re driving on. The engine fan is super powerful and draws over 100 amps, it is quite loud and stays on for a few mins after shutdown.

You know you’re driving a lot of mass, but it handles really well and MPG is c 23.. I’ve got a long run on Tuesday so will see if I can improve it.
Can you change the low pressure alarm for the TPMS for when reducing pressure for sand/corrugations?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s it Trobex - cling to that old chestnut mate, I’m sure someone will come along eventually and provide a negative validation. 😂😂
8 or more press release test drivers already have haha. Your clinging to my every post is cute!

• Eye Roll
Reactions: Rab
Back
Top Bottom