The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:01 PM
Reaction score
Amalfi ... :love:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If you're looking for a campsite here, I have a suggestion.

As said, it's about half way Dover-Italy, and I can (almost) see the campsite from our house. It's besides this directly below Christian's and Vera's home. I guess they would be very exited for saying hello there.

I can ask for a camp site reservation - just in case this would be of interest for you.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score

As said, it's about half way Dover-Italy, and I can (almost) see the campsite from our house. It's besides this directly below Christian's and Vera's home. I guess they would be very exited for saying hello there.

I can ask for a camp site reservation - just in case this would be of interest for you.
We haven't planned exactly our route yet, leaving it fairly open ended, but are looking at a few different routes back!

I'll have a look see if it would work though.

4 cappuccinos please Emax !:D

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
We've got a friends wedding to attend in Ravello, Amalfi coast. The plan is to drive down there via Switzerland, taking in some campsites and places of interest on the way down. after, we're looking at getting the ferry across to Albania and making our way back the long way round. We'll be accompanied by another couple in their heavily modified Jeep JL Rubicon, both sporting roof tents.
You are welcome here near Frankfurt for a rest, nearby emax

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Three men, three Grenadiers.

Nice meeting, maybe?

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are welcome here near Frankfurt for a rest, nearby emax
Plan some fly fishing in the Nidda next weekend, but whilst having paid and seen car with all tue parts waiting for me in Essen, next week still feels 2-3 weeks short for dropping by with my Grenadier.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am expecting to receive my Grenadier in May. I promise here and now that within the first 50 miles I will stop wherever I am and write a few paragraphs regarding those initial first impressions. What I love, what I would have preferred and what I think I might modify. By then I am sure there will be further reviews however I have already been wrong on that score.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

You may very well be hearing from me also. :)

Reactions: PBD

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
The odometer is now showing 173 miles; I'm not sure that is enough for any conclusions, but it is big, quiet, faster than expected, handles well when pressed a bit, has good road presence, but I am still slightly intimidated by it.

Automatic transmission, cruise control, ABS, ETC and similar are all new to me and need some adjustment. My old LR110 was like an old overcoat, familiar, fitted, friendly; it will take some time for us to get properly acquainted, but all of the early signs are good. My wife is delighted by the comfort and the lack of racket, but she won't drive it as she is not keen on a large vehicle with too many novel features. (She used to describe driving the LR110 as "steering an elephant by the ears!", so not a fan of big vehicles). Her car of choice is a 2012 Fiat 500C.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The odometer is now showing 173 miles; I'm not sure that is enough for any conclusions, but it is big, quiet, faster than expected, handles well when pressed a bit, has good road presence, but I am still slightly intimidated by it.

Automatic transmission, cruise control, ABS, ETC and similar are all new to me and need some adjustment. My old LR110 was like an old overcoat, familiar, fitted, friendly; it will take some time for us to get properly acquainted, but all of the early signs are good. My wife is delighted by the comfort and the lack of racket, but she won't drive it as she is not keen on a large vehicle with too many novel features. (She used to describe driving the LR110 as "steering an elephant by the ears!", so not a fan of big vehicles). Her car of choice is a 2012 Fiat 500C.
173 miles haha... not even a one stop journey to see a mate. But if it drives well and you like it then it is a winner for now!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
173 miles haha... not even a one stop journey to see a mate. But if it drives well and you like it then it is a winner for now!
173 miles in the UK will get you half way across England or Scotland and all of Wales. You can drive the full length of any of those 3 countries on one tank of fuel in most diesel cars. Well done Jeremy.

Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
173 miles in the UK will get you half way across England or Scotland and all of Wales. You can drive the full length of any of those 3 countries on one tank of fuel in most diesel cars. Well done Jeremy.
Crazy how relative things are. I COMMUTE 100 miles a day (50 each way) just to get to work. 200 miles, regularly, in 3.5 hours just to see family.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Our vehicle is no closer after being in build for months, but that's fine at least we should be able to drive a demo on Tarmac which should dispel any doubts. Dealer demos should be available soon.

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Crazy how relative things are. I COMMUTE 100 miles a day (50 each way) just to get to work. 200 miles, regularly, in 3.5 hours just to see family.
Its the same for me here in the Borders. I can’t pretend we are a big country though. I think I’m right in saying that nowhere in the uk is more than 70 miles from salt water.

Back
Top Bottom