The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Its the same for me here in the Borders. I can’t pretend we are a big country though. I think I’m right in saying that nowhere in the uk is more than 70 miles from salt water.
Our coastline is about 100 km from the UK coast line, but luckily for us there is salt water between us, therefore I don't have the footwell problem.

Distances are indeed very relative.
When my ex Brazilian wife, mother of my kids arrived in Belgium in 1985 for the first time "out of her huge country", we landed in Brussels airport. My parents picked us up at the airport, after about 18 months without seeing me.
I told her: here is Brussels. After about 40 minutes I told her: we arrived in Ghent. And then she asked: "Oooh, did we already leave Brussels?" :ROFLMAO:

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Our coastline is about 100 km from the UK coast line, but luckily for us there is salt water between us, therefore I don't have the footwell problem.

Distances are indeed very relative.
When my ex Brazilian wife, mother of my kids arrived in Belgium in 1985 for the first time "out of her huge country", we landed in Brussels airport. My parents picked us up at the airport, after about 18 months without seeing me.
I told her: here is Brussels. After about 40 minutes I told her: we arrived in Ghent. And then she asked: "Oooh, did we already leave Brussels?" :ROFLMAO:
Ex wife or ex Brazilian??

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good morning all!
I finally picked up my 5 set commercial in Gloucester from Heritage. Good bunch of fellas who gave me a good introduction to the vehicle.
First impressions not in any order:-
Seems bigger than when I saw them at Radley Hall country show.
Comfortable on the 40 odd mile journey home.
No noise to worry about at speed.
Classic radio sounds fine - so not gone cheap here.
“Hump gate” for us R/H wheel owners is absolutely no problem - it’s a foot rest and it’s usable so don’t let this worry you.
General finish is great.
Doors are substantial and shut with a quality thump.
The rear seat gap on the commercial is not massive but is fine - probably better than my Amarok had.
Engine is plenty powerful as I am more of a “driving Miss Daisy” rather than drive like I stole it.
The steering will take a bit of getting used to as you need to steer out of the turn as it does not want to self centre - no big deal.
Brakes - seem powerful and are not snatchy.
Enjoy yours when you get it and don’t cancel the order if things are not going to plan.
Finally Sir James - your on to a winner - you could become rich 😁
Regards
Richard

Attachments

• IMG_4705.jpeg
    IMG_4705.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 222

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Good morning all!
I finally picked up my 5 set commercial in Gloucester from Heritage. Good bunch of fellas who gave me a good introduction to the vehicle.
First impressions not in any order:-
Seems bigger than when I saw them at Radley Hall country show.
Comfortable on the 40 odd mile journey home.
No noise to worry about at speed.
Classic radio sounds fine - so not gone cheap here.
“Hump gate” for us R/H wheel owners is absolutely no problem - it’s a foot rest and it’s usable so don’t let this worry you.
General finish is great.
Doors are substantial and shut with a quality thump.
The rear seat gap on the commercial is not massive but is fine - probably better than my Amarok had.
Engine is plenty powerful as I am more of a “driving Miss Daisy” rather than drive like I stole it.
The steering will take a bit of getting used to as you need to steer out of the turn as it does not want to self centre - no big deal.
Brakes - seem powerful and are not snatchy.
Enjoy yours when you get it and don’t cancel the order if things are not going to plan.
Finally Sir James - your on to a winner - you could become rich 😁
Regards
Richard
Thanks, sounds like a winner so far.

So, are you going to change your forum handle now from ‘will I like it?’ to ‘yes I like it’ ?

Will I like it? - Yep!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like a winner so far.

So, are you going to change your forum handle now from ‘will I like it?’ to ‘yes I like it’ ?
Good point!
I could be like Prince “the owner formerly known as will I like it”
I may not get the grey next time as the family say I look like a drug dealer.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Only until I have you hooked.
Then when you have spent all your money I shall have you on the street to feed your habit.
Don’t panic- I meant towing broken down cars using your Grenadier.
I see, the first sachet is for free 👍

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dropped my lad off to cricket earlier. Nice run in the Gren, mix of country lanes, A roads and dual carriageway.. At 75 on the dual, it‘s magnificent and a nice place to be. Now I’ve had a few hours of playing, the steering is all muscle memory and imho, what was all the fuss about it.
Ditto the foot rest. I’m 6’4 and it’s a total non issue for me.
The reason for this post was temperate related. As you can see from the picture, you get great data from all the sensors and I’m thinking that these are all normal operating conditions for my driving. The engine temperature gets is to c 106 and c 96 depending on what you’re driving on. The engine fan is super powerful and draws over 100 amps, it is quite loud and stays on for a few mins after shutdown.

You know you’re driving a lot of mass, but it handles really well and MPG is c 23.. I’ve got a long run on Tuesday so will see if I can improve it.

Attachments

• 78540BD3-E99D-41D9-ACF1-450BE08626E5.jpeg
    78540BD3-E99D-41D9-ACF1-450BE08626E5.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 186
  • B94BA450-D4BC-48AE-877F-3A231D054F61.jpeg
    B94BA450-D4BC-48AE-877F-3A231D054F61.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 187

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
the steering is all muscle memory and imho, what was all the fuss about it.
Ditto the foot rest. I’m 6’4 and it’s a total non issue for me.
Oh but just wait until it rains though and you have MASSIVE BLIND SPOTS (according to the expert journalists) ;)

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have already posted about my Grenadier - collected yesterday from Denton Motors at Skipton.
My experience is very much as the posting by “Will I Like It” above, the vehicle has a great build quality, is quiet, responsive, handles well, is comfortable, the Infotainment system will take some getting used to but is good, just how Ineos Automotive managed to pull all of this together in such a relatively short space of time is amazing.
I am absolutely delighted and have no gripes!
Luke, James and the team at Denton, Skipton also deserve full praise, they are a breath of fresh air for the motor trade!
PS - The Defender TD5 is going to now have an easier life in semi-retirement!

Attachments

• IMG_8690.jpeg
    IMG_8690.jpeg
    357.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_8698.jpeg
    IMG_8698.jpeg
    476.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_8697.jpeg
    IMG_8697.jpeg
    545.2 KB · Views: 169

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Oh but just wait until it rains though and you have MASSIVE BLIND SPOTS (according to the expert journalists) ;)
It rained yesterday and they sweep is perfectly fine. Journalists just wanted to moan.. The only real blind spot is using the rear view mirror.. you can’t see a bloody thing but the wing mirrors are perfect.. it’s not a car, it’s a proper working vehicle is what the scribes should have been told….

Back
Top Bottom