The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Are you sure ~ that's huge. 😲
That’s what the electrical monitor said on the “off road” screen. I’ll get a photo for you later. It makes roar when it’s on and you can feel the air coming through your fingers if you hold them in from of the front grill.. not enough to suck my shirt off though, or anything else for that matter…!

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Really encouraged by these first impressions, keep em coming 👍🏼

Getting used to the size presumably refers to… the width? I presume this observation is relative to whatever else is being driven.

My impression is that It’s a wide vehicle, but no wider than my amorok, nor longer than my 110. An agreeable blend of them both. But cars are larger here in Aus, than in the Old Country…

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have already posted about my Grenadier - collected yesterday from Denton Motors at Skipton.
My experience is very much as the posting by “Will I Like It” above, the vehicle has a great build quality, is quiet, responsive, handles well, is comfortable, the Infotainment system will take some getting used to but is good, just how Ineos Automotive managed to pull all of this together in such a relatively short space of time is amazing.
I am absolutely delighted and have no gripes!
Luke, James and the team at Denton, Skipton also deserve full praise, they are a breath of fresh air for the motor trade!
PS - The Defender TD5 is going to now have an easier life in semi-retirement!
This just makes it harder for me to decide on a colour, gee the blue looks fantastic!

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am pleased with the colour and the 17" alloys and BFG tyres really sets it all off well!
Yes, I first saw that on the US section page and the combination is amazing with the wheels, unfortunately it will be used for its intended purpose so dark colours are out for me, but its a tussle all the same :(

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Really encouraged by these first impressions, keep em coming 👍🏼

Getting used to the size presumably refers to… the width? I presume this observation is relative to whatever else is being driven.

My impression is that It’s a wide vehicle, but no wider than my amorok, nor longer than my 110. An agreeable blend of them both. But cars are larger here in Aus, than in the Old Country…
Yeah, jumping straight out of my landcruiser yesterday into the IG reminded me how small it is. 😂😂
I’ve been telling myself for a few years now thst I no longer need a vehicle as big as the 200, but I just need to get my head around that.
Loading up my 200 with all of my daughter’s camping stuff this morning (she’s borrowed it for the long weekend) I couldn’t help but wonder how we’d get all the crap she took into the IG. Getting vertical loading solutions right is going to be critical I think.

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ditto the foot rest. I’m 6’4 and it’s a total non issue for me.
How Dare You Greta GIF

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been telling myself for a few years now thst I no longer need a vehicle as big as the 200
I told myself that after 12 years with my 80 series, and bought an old 911 with enough room for a schoolbag
Yet here I am 12 years later with a Grenadier a few weeks away.
Keeping the 911 though ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just like my Defender! Not an issue, just like the lump on the floor by the drivers left foot on RHD models - just an odd journalist being critical!
Don't tell me then, a vehicle designed in a dark forest by 250 Austro-German Da Vincis and built by 10,000 French Ooompah-Loompahs is just about perfect?
A fairy tale that comes true? Goldilocks goes offroad and collects the big bad wolf on the front bar?
ORZIFF!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s definitely smaller than in the 110!
I measured the back yesterday and I’m not at all confident I’ll get a set of 900mm drawers in the back. It’s going to be tight and they may sit slightly over the plastic edge strip right up against the doors.
Even if I do, any fridge that goes on them will need to be no longer than about 700mm to account for the seat lean, which by the way is a fixed position and can’t be adjusted forward or back.
Soooooo, anyone want to buy a 60L engel.

To be honest if they said they were bringing out a “130” vesion soon I’d cancel my order and swap. But they aren’t, so I won’t.

And I’m not sure a ute version would suit what I want.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just like my Defender! Not an issue, just like the lump on the floor by the drivers left foot on RHD models - just an odd journalist being critical!
You must be enjoying that car John! Although the boot could have been bigger if they pinched some RHD footrest and put it in the back!!!

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't tell me then, a vehicle designed in a dark forest by 250 Austro-German Da Vincis and built by 10,000 French Ooompah-Loompahs is just about perfect?
A fairy tale that comes true? Goldilocks goes offroad and collects the big bad wolf on the front bar?
ORZIFF!
But bankrolled by a man born in Britain!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I measured the back yesterday and I’m not at all confident I’ll get a set of 900mm drawers in the back. It’s going to be tight and they may sit slightly over the plastic edge strip right up against the doors.
Even if I do, any fridge that goes on them will need to be no longer than about 700mm to account for the seat lean, which by the way is a fixed position and can’t be adjusted forward or back.
Soooooo, anyone want to buy a 60L engel.

To be honest if they said they were bringing out a “130” vesion soon I’d cancel my order and swap. But they aren’t, so I won’t.

And I’m not sure a ute version would suit what I want.
Just get an upright fridge

Back
Top Bottom