The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Good to see you posting some positive comments about he RHD footrest Trovex - I was worried about you there for a while.
I am still a firm believer that a 30 mile 1st impression drive will give very little in regards to the RHD design flaw, Tinnie I'm positively negative that it's ok so far for the 6 foot plus people (so far!). Let's be positive - it might be ok for most!!!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Groundhog day mate, every post is the same as the last 😉
I’m just stuck in the loop you created.
Haha this actually made me laugh. I actually gave up in it, then some bastardo baited me right back to it! I even had my rose tinted glasses on order... then like some crack fiend here I am! I'm just glad John had his car, looks good, and he loves the feel of it. That's what I'm about, the feel of it.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry that I am only now getting back to you with a first report, but I had many other things to do and could hardly deal with the Grenadier until now.
As of now, I have only driven 300 km on country roads. Therefore, I can only give my first impressions. I will of course report if there is anything to add. I have also not set any order or prioritisation in the following list:
- Mass of the vehicle determined on scales (Trialmaster, only basic equipment with partition grid and floor mats) without driver -> 2840 kg, leaving only 660 kg payload.
- No problems with gaps in the plastic interior trim, everything fits very well.
- The rubber floor mats in the front and rear are a perfect fit and do not slip.
- The steering is a bit spongy for me and not so direct, also the steering wheel turns back to the straight-ahead position only very slowly after turning, here you have to steer back to the straight-ahead position with your hands. I don't know this from my other vehicles.
- The interior is very quiet, but at certain resonance frequencies you can hear a very slight vibration of the plastic in the glove compartment area. I'm still working that out.
- The seats are basically fine. However, they press me in the kidney area. An adjustable lumbar support would be desirable. Since I deliberately chose the Trialmaster, an adult person can sit behind me without bumping knees. My seat is in the rearmost position.
- The doors close very well. I would have liked a proper handle on the inside of the large rear door.
- After only a few kilometres, I cannot yet make any statements about fuel consumption. We'll have to wait and see for a few hundred kilometres.
- The plastic bumpers don't impress me. But steel is unfortunately not allowed in our country.
- It is good that there is a positive pole in the engine compartment. But unfortunately there is no earth pole. This is no problem for my battery charge controller. There are many small screw heads here. The situation is different for a jumper cable. Here I still have to find a suitable earth connection.
- Bumps and holes in the road are compensated very well. I am really impressed.
- If you're not careful, you quickly reach the speed limit.
- The automatic shifts very well in my opinion, even if it was a little more noticeable at times.
- The half-height load compartment grille I chose has already proved its worth. I folded down one backrest and loaded a brush cutter. However, this was then completely between the front seats.
- I should have chosen the smoking package, then I would have had a 12V socket. I miss that already.
- The welding spots on the side panels don't bother me at all. They simply match the vehicle.
- The multimedia system in connection with the iphone kept me very busy. I got out because I had neither the time nor the inclination. I would have liked a proper radio better.
- It was also good that I opted for the door sill panels. I am very tall and can manage without them. With children or elderly people, getting in without them becomes a problem.

That's all I can think of at the moment. But I'm sure there will be a sequel.
No 12v cigar plug in the center console? I thought Ingemar said there was one there, and it's referenced in the owner's manual (UK / pdf).

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
There is a socket in the storage box, and another one in the load compartment.. plus two usb sockets in the rear passenger seating area..

I should add that the night time illumination is fantastic inside the cabin. All the door pulls have their own lighting, there’s footwell illumination in the front and puddle lamps. The night time ambience exceeds my expectations..
Nice to hear about the light concept. Now we can start a discussion about mood lights and why we can not select our favourite colour.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s about 12l/100km. For a vehicle this size and weight with a new engine that’s not at all bad. Once I put a lot of junk on my D3 with a 2.8l V6 it was about that average mixed, could get lower on the highway
In my opinion 12 liter/ km isn’t a good value.
But 10,3 l/km would be ok. This is the value I got by converting 23 mpg in the metric system.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
So no 12v socket in the stowage box?? It was there on the PT02 I looked at.
Yes there is, but I wanted one that was freely accessible. Because a cable would be squeezed by the lid of the box.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But 10,3 l/km would be ok. This is the value I got by converting 23 mpg in the metric system.
I’m sure someone will have had a longer trip to report by the end of the weekend.. At 75mph, cruise control on, three up and full tank of diesel, the engine is doing c 2000rpm but my mix of driving yesterday delivered an average speed of 33mph for overall fuel consumption of 22mpg. A longer trip on faster A roads or motorway is what we want. I’d like to think that 25 to 30 mpg is possible..

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is a socket in the storage box, and another one in the load compartment.. plus two usb sockets in the rear passenger seating area..

I should add that the night time illumination is fantastic inside the cabin. All the door pulls have their own lighting, there’s footwell illumination in the front and puddle lamps. The night time ambience exceeds my expectations..
The storage box (or tray if you didn't option the cubby) sockets 12v, USB A & USB C are all standard options across the range.

The two USB sockets in the rear passenger seating area and the load space 12v socket are options for some models and only standard for some.

I didn’t option the puddle lamps, by not optioning the Smooth pack but then selecting all the individual parts minus the lamps, so I'll be interested to see what mine does in the dark. 😬

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't there a channel at either side of the front panel of the stowage box to accommodate a cable under the lid?
Nope. I run a phone charger in it and the phone goes in there too. The car play function makes it pretty easy to make calls and play music.

Attachments

• FEECED6C-9252-4B5B-A9A7-3FF7FD832520.jpeg
    FEECED6C-9252-4B5B-A9A7-3FF7FD832520.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 126

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
12L/km isn't good...12km/L is excellent :D
Wait until the vehicle has travelled at least 10,000 km to allow the engine to wear in, drive at 100km/hr instead of 125-130km/hr and watch the consumption drop to 9-10L/100km...

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No 12v cigar plug in the center console? I thought Ingemar said there was one there, and it's referenced in the owner's manual (UK / pdf).
@IG_in_AZ I didn't order a cigarette lighter (unfortunately), so there is no socket in the centre console. I couldn't find anything in the English instructions either.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Nope. I run a phone charger in it and the phone goes in there too. The car play function makes it pretty easy to make calls and play music.
From the photo the "channel" is in the underside of the lid! But a coiled cable won't do it...you require a flat or thinner cable

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There's a special cutaway/channel for a cable.
I hadn't even registered that at first glance. I will have a look at it today. Thanks for the tip.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From the photo the "channel" is in the underside of the lid! But a coiled cable won't do it...you require a flat or thinner cable
Ah, that's why I didn't notice it right away.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
12L/km isn't good...12km/L is excellent :D
Wait until the vehicle has travelled at least 10,000 km to allow the engine to wear in, drive at 100km/hr instead of 125-130km/hr and watch the consumption drop to 9-10L/100km...
Nevertheless converting 23 mpg to l/km you end up with 10,3 litres. So your goal is yet achieved.

Back
Top Bottom