The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos SkidPig & Sick Puppy Cody Test Drive Video

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
DaveB you are quite correct. I recently made the exact same point with my Defence Review Submission concerning the the Mercedes vehicles now used by the Regional Surveillance Units (51 FNQR and Norforce) up here in Northern Australia. All the tracks up here have ben forged with Toyota LC type vehicles and the track width in close country reflects that fact. For the same reason, the US Army have difficulty driving their oversized Hummers around our bush tracks and they become next to useless in many areas of the Australian bush.
What’s the general feedback from the guys using them on the G Wagens Les?
Do they do the job?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB you are quite correct. I recently made the exact same point with my Defence Review Submission concerning the the Mercedes vehicles now used by the Regional Surveillance Units (51 FNQR and Norforce) up here in Northern Australia. All the tracks up here have ben forged with Toyota LC type vehicles and the track width in close country reflects that fact. For the same reason, the US Army have difficulty driving their oversized Hummers around our bush tracks and they become next to useless in many areas of the Australian bush.
I did about 100kms as a passenger in an american ute on a similar track to the one in the centre picture.
We were see sawing up and down the sides of the ruts in a side to side rolling motion.
Amusing for the first 10kms but by 50kms I started to get dizzy and feeling similar to sea sickness

Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you appear to have fallen for the unfair portrayal of the Ineos chaperone. Having met him on several occasions, I can assure you he’s a top bloke with a wealth of product knowledge.
I'm sure he is, not saying otherwise. Just saying I prefer the company of rednecks and hillbillies which he clearly isn't.

outack

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Both the grenadier, and a RAM 2500 are about 2.13M or 84 inches wide... so they would both have the same issues with the trail or track width.

Length is another issue, for certain.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Both the grenadier, and a RAM 2500 are about 2.13M or 84 inches wide... so they would both have the same issues with the trail or track width.

Length is another issue, for certain.
That grenny width includes the mirrors, which are wider than most and on thise tracks very quickly would get folded in. Proper measurement would be wheel track. Extra Wide tracks equal tyre staking of sidewalls out there.

Quick google has the 2500 at 2.63m wide as well - way wider.

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The vibe Im picking up is not that flash
From the horse's mouth, some time ago now when the Mercs were just coming into play...I was driving my series II and parked near a mini convoy of army G wagons on the Sunshine Coast because I wanted to have a gander at the new livery...a Sergeant from memory approached me and liking the look of my old girl said I would rather be driving that, I ask why do you say that and he answered because we can fix those on the track but if we brake something outback now, we have to wait for a tech...he said we are just drivers pointing and steering...was that just the case in the beginning?

Local time
Reaction score
These "youtuber" guys are absolute tools. I've met this instructor at one of the INEOS events & he's absolutely lovely, and from our brief chat, has far more experience in the industry than these w**ker "influencers" ever will. .
Unfortunately idiots like these guys don't care and are just in it for the clicks.

I'll need to watch their other videos to understand what rig is right for them.
Probably a clapped out patrol that doesn't have a straight body panel & has a constant plume of black smoke behind it...

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
it looks a bit like their ride was shortened when they admitted not having either a reservation or order. These early drives are very expensive for ineos to run, with a tiny number of senior staff in Australia, and I beleive they are intended only for we early supporters who have or might order before proper demonstrators arrive. We support ineos, they do what they can to support our gamble by buying early.
these guys are being very disrespectful, talking behind the guys back and publishing it for their own $ and ego. It is unpleasant to watch. I’m glad the car is not for them. Dont know how they got a go, but it wasnt meant to be a press event.
the guide, as others have said, is a great guy, very ready to help and answer questions. Cant imagine what we didnt see to get him concerned, but I really feel for the IA guys with cameras on them from over-entitled people like this.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
But that what they/we started with way back. Then the High Priced Help in Canberra took over, and guess where that led us to?
Are those tyres Goodyear Hi Milers?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 AM
Reaction score
Don't suppose these would be much better @Bushguide .....turning circle would be horrendous, note, no side door as such :unsure:

Attachments

• 334930800_733394834917719_455384954565270069_n.jpg
    334930800_733394834917719_455384954565270069_n.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 29

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But that what they/we started with way back. Then the High Priced Help in Canberra took over, and guess where that led us to?
You have the hand cannon/stubbies look nailed down there Les. How did that not become standard rig?
Bugger this Auscam lark.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
You have the hand cannon/stubbies look nailed down there Les. How did that not become standard rig?
Bugger this Auscam lark.

The Bank Manager has got the Pistol and the Hat but wasn't interested in the Stubbies.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is it still socially acceptable to use the word Bogan in Oz? 😁

Luckily for me they also sell gin

Back
Top Bottom