The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos SkidPig & Sick Puppy Cody Test Drive Video

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
I wasn't exactly taken by them either
View attachment 7804579
Totally agree.
As someone who has put my money where my mouth is i find it quite objectionable that these two took one of the few spots available.
The test track was quite short and not a lot of time behind the wheel in undemanding conditions. I would have loved to have had another drive.
But not surprised the dealer gave these muppets a drive. It says a lot about the dealership that has consistently failed to impress in the numerous dealing i have had with them.
The joys of a town where one company has a lot of vehicle franchises and can do whatever the hell they want. BMW, VW, Skoda, Hyundia, KIA, Mitsubishi, Mini etc

End of grumpy old man rant.

G-Man

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Totally agree.
As someone who has put my money where my mouth is i find it quite objectionable that these two took one of the few spots available.
The test track was quite short and not a lot of time behind the wheel in undemanding conditions. I would have loved to have had another drive.
But not surprised the dealer gave these muppets a drive. It says a lot about the dealership that has consistently failed to impress in the numerous dealing i have had with them.
The joys of a town where one company has a lot of vehicle franchises and can do whatever the hell they want. BMW, VW, Skoda, Hyundia, KIA, Mitsubishi, Mini etc

End of grumpy old man rant.
Is it still socially acceptable to use the word Bogan in Oz? 😁

outack

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
I thought the video was interesting. It is good to see reviews that are not necessarily positive... The Grenadier will not be everyone's cup of tea. They mentioned that they'd rather have a Ram for the price... I suspect many younger Americans and Aussies will agree. (I am a younger American, but most likely the exception)
I am disappointed with how the guide acted once he realized that they didn't love the Gren, cutting the drive short, etc..... Seems like the recent reviews are all very positive, or non-existent. I'd like to see more criticism of the vehicle allowed, as it would be a benefit to us all to see the good and the bad.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought the video was interesting. It is good to see reviews that are not necessarily positive... The Grenadier will not be everyone's cup of tea. They mentioned that they'd rather have a Ram for the price... I suspect many younger Americans and Aussies will agree. (I am a younger American, but most likely the exception)
I am disappointed with how the guide acted once he realized that they didn't love the Gren, cutting the drive short, etc..... Seems like the recent reviews are all very positive, or non-existent. I'd like to see more criticism of the vehicle allowed, as it would be a benefit to us all to see the good and the bad.
Rams cost an absolute fortune in Australia and would not be on the shopping list for Grenadier buyers.
They are also too big for most 4wd tracks in Australia
I think they selectively edited the video to make the guy look worse than he was but if they were so annoying on the youtube video I can't imagine what they were like in real life.
They carried on like morons or as someone else has suggested bogans (rednecks)

1677599964089.png

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
I liked them. I'd much rather have a beer out on the trail or go fishing with those guys than the ineos chaperone. Also hard to blame them for prefering a full size truck. To each their own I guess.

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
I liked them. I'd much rather have a beer out on the trail or go fishing with those guys than the ineos chaperone. Also hard to blame them for prefering a full size truck. To each their own I guess.
Full size truck is in a different category completely though.

I may as well say "for the money ill take a Corvette"

Local time
Reaction score
Full size truck is in a different category completely though.

I may as well say "for the money ill take a Corvette"
Not for our market. Most guys decide between a quad cab truck and capable two row suvs here. Specific needs regarding payload (amount And type) and towing end up affecting final decisions. Suvs that can pull a good sized travel or utility trailer will be cross shopped with trucks.

And in response to DaveB, the track width of the grenadier looks to be wider than a standard full size truck and over a foot wider than the jeep wrangler. It could be said the grenadier is too big for offroading certain trails.

outack

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Not for our market. Most guys decide between a quad cab truck and capable two row suvs here. Specific needs regarding payload (amount And type) and towing end up affecting final decisions. Suvs that can pull a good sized travel or utility trailer will be cross shopped with trucks.

And in response to DaveB, the track width of the grenadier looks to be wider than a standard full size truck and over a foot wider than the jeep wrangler. It could be said the grenadier is too big for offroading certain trails.
This was my thought exactly. I was cross shopping a 2500 and the Grenadier. All things considered, it is the most reasonable comparison in terms of price, capability, and payload in North America.

The TRX listed above is not a comparable vehicle, I’ll agree with that.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hi. Sorry a bit of confusion
By track width I don't with the track width of the vehicle I mean the width of the physical track in the bush.
In many places the only vehicles that have driven the track over the last 50 years will be old Defenders, land cruisers, Hilux and similar that are all very similar in dimensions.
This leaves wheel ruts, steep banks and vegetation sized to suit.
If you step up to a RAM size vehicle you literally may not fit, left hand picture shows a Jeep only just fitting between the walls, right hand shows the scrub worn away to a Landcruiser width and scraping paint.
In the centre picture at least one wheel will be potentially making a new track which is hard work and may be seen as damaging the track in some places.

1677615464756.png1677615567079.png1677615658606.png

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Unfortunately, you appear to have fallen for the unfair portrayal of the Ineos chaperone. Having met him on several occasions, I can assure you he’s a top bloke with a wealth of product knowledge.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you appear to have fallen for the unfair portrayal of the Ineos chaperone. Having met him on several occasions, I can assure you he’s a top bloke with a wealth of product knowledge.
100% Michael
There are so many Youtubers out there who destroy tracks, act like idiots, drive with little regard to their vehicles, so they can get lots of views and make money.
I saw one where they had driven through a mud hole on the track about 20 times to get good video and the normal 4wders coming behind them were then left with a messy and difficult track

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB you are quite correct. I recently made the exact same point with my Defence Review Submission concerning the the Mercedes vehicles now used by the Regional Surveillance Units (51 FNQR and Norforce) up here in Northern Australia. All the tracks up here have ben forged with Toyota LC type vehicles and the track width in close country reflects that fact. For the same reason, the US Army have difficulty driving their oversized Hummers around our bush tracks and they become next to useless in many areas of the Australian bush.

Back
Top Bottom