The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side step | available aftersale option

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these?

I looked at them but you remove the plastic sills so they actually sit somewhat higher than the others. More clearance but not as practical as a step.

I just watched their install video and it looks way more complicated than the other manufacturers.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I looked at them but you remove the plastic sills so they actually sit somewhat higher than the others. More clearance but not as practical as a step.

I just watched their install video and it looks way more complicated than the other manufacturers.
I would agree, well engineered option tho, but considering that my whole family is height challenged, we will need something that acts a bit more as a step.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was trying to decide between this 2 also. There is a third one I am now considering, ShadowMarq. They are supposed to be pricing and availability next week. There is a picture of them in previous post
Hi BillLumberg, I sent you a Private Message. Think I might have the solution to what you are looking for. Give me a call. DaBull

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Black Sheep Rock Sliders/Steps? Their design is interesting. Purchased the rock sliders from Ineos. But going to have to change them for ones with steps integrated into the design. Currently trying to decide between Buzz Overland and Black Sheep. So any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Rubicon Maybe, I think I have the solution you are looking for. I will PM Private Message you.
Call me when you have an opportunity. DaBull

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
Kids find it way easier to get in. I can get a toe on them and reach the roof easily, especially with the side rails for balance.
View attachment 7843567View attachment 7843568
Hi Bruce! Excellent pictures, very informative! But in my opinion
Kids find it way easier to get in. I can get a toe on them and reach the roof easily, especially with the side rails for balance.
View attachment 7843567View attachment 7843568
Hi Bruce! Excellent pictures, very informative! But in my opinion, the step on part has to be at least 5 to 6cm. Than even adults/heavy adults could step safely on it! Your pictures show clearly, that the step on part isn`t wide enough. These 2 to 3 more cm wouldn`t be a problem for the clearance, even to the side!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score

Hi Bruce! Excellent pictures, very informative! But in my opinion, the step on part has to be at least 5 to 6cm. Than even adults/heavy adults could step safely on it! Your pictures show clearly, that the step on part isn`t wide enough. These 2 to 3 more cm wouldn`t be a problem for the clearance, even to the side!
That measuring tape was inches - so nearly 9cm wide.

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Definitely a fiddly install with spacers and extra brackets, etc. There's cutting of the fenderwell liners too. I like the fact that they sit high but I was concerned that the pinch weld was too exposed.

I would agree, well engineered option tho, but considering that my whole family is height challenged, we will need something that acts a bit more as a step.

I was thinking that the slider was something of an extension of the door sills and might act as a step. It's probably best to wait until we live with the vehicle a while to determine what we really need.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

[ Adam ] is correct. Inches not cm. If the scale in the photos was cm it might be easier to find shoes, but I would need a whole flight of steps to climb into the Grenadier. The perch is plenty for me, and I'm no Alex Honnold.

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
[ Adam ] is correct. Inches not cm. If the scale in the photos was cm it might be easier to find shoes, but I would need a whole flight of steps to climb into the Grenadier. The perch is plenty for me, and I'm no Alex Honnold.
Thanks for the information. Than you have to have really big feet(48-50?). Nearly 9-10 cm to step on should be enough for most people.
Always the trouble with the British influence in many parts of the world: RHD, inch, yard, mile, British pound.......! Life could be easier with the metric system and LHD all over the world!
Why do you know Alex Honnold? With your big feet, climbing doesn`t seem your favorite sport. Enjoy your Grenadier!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone shipped LeTech or Buzz Overland sliders from Europe to Australia yet?

How were the shipping costs?
If you email Sonja at LeTech she is pretty quick at generating a quote including shipping. Just let her know what bits you want.

s.duerrich@lennartz-technik.de

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone shipped LeTech or Buzz Overland sliders from Europe to Australia yet?

How were the shipping costs?
Hey Steveo,

We’ve recently shipped a set to Victoria. Shipping was approx £450 for our rock sliders. If you would like a firm cost feel free to drop me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom