The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
In a similar situation with mine. Its there ready to go. But no contract or payment request…
Still no contract Tom D but vehicle already built and at the agents? That's galling. Hope IA pull their finger out for you pronto.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Still no contract Tom D but vehicle already built and at the agents? That's galling. Hope IA pull their finger out for you pronto.
I got in on a cancelled order, so thats how its sitting at the dealers.. But you’d think it would be simple to send out a contract and a payment request… I think that whoever is responsible for all the sales order processing needs to be fired. Its been a shitshow from the start.
In my case presumably all that needs to happen is to add my name to a contract and send it out, and then send an invoice.. my admin does this day in day out and it takes her minutes, she also manages to do a whole load of other stuff..and she’s on her own. I wonder how many IA staff are working on this? I also wonder what the F**k they do all day.

I just hope that whoever is responsible for the sales orders has nothing to do with the spare parts side of things.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got in on a cancelled order, so thats how its sitting at the dealers.. But you’d think it would be simple to send out a contract and a payment request… I think that whoever is responsible for all the sales order processing needs to be fired. Its been a shitshow from the start.
In my case presumably all that needs to happen is to add my name to a contract and send it out, and then send an invoice.. my admin does this day in day out and it takes her minutes, she also manages to do a whole load of other stuff..and she’s on her own. I wonder how many IA staff are working on this? I also wonder what the F**k they do all day.

I just hope that whoever is responsible for the sales orders has nothing to do with the spare parts side of things.
Likewise, our car has now been at the dealer for two weeks. Now I am told that the invoicing process is a problem and they are 'looking in to resolving it'. All the while, the battery will be going flat and the gremlins will be developing. Beginning to wonder if I'm better off Sick of Waiting, than Sick of Waiting For Them To Mend My Car.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In a similar situation with mine. Its there ready to go. But no contract or payment request…
So do you need a contract, and the payment request is just an email with banks details. When you pay you use your order number as the payment reference. These are reconciled at Ineos HQ and agents told to proceed.

You could just pay and bump things along?

Edit: Ah - just read your further posting...

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll ask about that. Makes sense if I just need the order number.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:21 PM
Reaction score
Must be a US thing. I know my Canadian friends freaked out when I got a GTI right out of school because the insurance would have been a deal breaker for them up there. For me there hasn't been much variance in rates regardless of vehicle, at least once I turned 25 and got married.

My state just passed a law where the insurers aren't allowed to consider your credit score when pricing your policies. Since better off clients now subsidize those who don't pay their bills, my rates went up last year. I switched to an insurer focused on homeowners with custom homes and my rates actually went down.
Insurance costs vary here considerably based on the vehicle, how popular it is to steal, how often it is involved in crashes, average repair costs, how many kms a year you do.
Then driver stats come into it. Age, driving/crashing history, driving offences, number of different drivers.
After that is geographical location. Where is my car more likely to be stolen.
Where I live there have been 70 criminal offences over the last year but only 2 car thefts
1686073702822.png1686073746167.pngIf I changed that to a suburb called Southport, on the Gold Coast there have been over 10,000 offences in a year, including 385 car thefts
1686073857045.png1686073901420.png

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
No roof bars (but I do have the light bar🤔) and no rear door table but I new that.

IA should sack their entire communication team - they have absolutely no respect for their customers - it’s seems they are relying on us early adopters putting up with non-existent service and communications because they expect us to buy anyway - and they are right. Wow behold however if a competitor ups their game and presents an alternative.

Slightly annoying mid-line steering but ok and not an issue unless you only drive Aston Martins. Trim ok, detailing ok but like others a large gap between the bumper and the body. This seems to be a deliberate design choice maybe due to cost but it is not a good one…..

but I still have a big smile on my face. My wife thinks the car is ugly - I love the brutality - it is simply functional. After just over 100 miles on the A12, M25 and M23 and then minor roads the ride and handling are ok - again, not a Porsche but ok for what the car is - I’m not going to big it up as great but it’s also not a problem.

Most of us have not driven the car on the road and there has been a lot of discussion regarding its performance and handling - it’s ok. That is not damning praise. The car rolls a little, a bit soft but the ride is generally good - supportive and direct - not bone shaking over pot holes and bumps etc.

I guess it feels like an 80’s 4x4 in a lot of ways - name them all - but you can feel and sense a thoroughly modern car underneath.

As an early adopter I’m really pleased with the car - shame I can’t say the same about Ineos.

Jeremy996

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
As an early adopter I’m really pleased with the car - shame I can’t say the same about Ineos.
The vehicle's great; the problem is Ineos Automotive; poor comms, poor rollout of data to us and the dealers; no resiliance in the supply chain and what appears to be either "the Mushroom School of Management" or the "Headless Chicken School of Coping" when it comes to problems in infrastructure.

I would be much happier with a beta version of the workshop manual, and I'm sure the dealer network would be delighted with something rather than ominous silence. It does not have to be perfect, producing errata could be good fun, but saying it will be released when other markets come onstream is too late, not as advertised and deeply disappointing.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The vehicle's great; the problem is Ineos Automotive; poor comms, poor rollout of data to us and the dealers; no resiliance in the supply chain and what appears to be either "the Mushroom School of Management" or the "Headless Chicken School of Coping" when it comes to problems in infrastructure.

I would be much happier with a beta version of the workshop manual, and I'm sure the dealer network would be delighted with something rather than ominous silence. It does not have to be perfect, producing errata could be good fun, but saying it will be released when other markets come onstream is too late, not as advertised and deeply disappointing.
+1

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 PM
Reaction score

I suspect that with hindsight, IA probably should have delayed launch 6 months but we are all now were we are

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect that with hindsight, IA probably should have delayed launch 6 months but we are all now were we are
Indeed, although without exception every capital project I've been involved with has said that first production was timed 6-12 months too early.
One suspects that it reflects a basic tension between project types who thrive in ambiguity and end customers who most certainly don't.

Reactions: Max

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed, although without exception every capital project I've been involved with has said that first production was timed 6-12 months too early.
One suspects that it reflects a basic tension between project types who thrive in ambiguity and end customers who most certainly don't.
iu

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed.

For many years I worked in the consulting trade ( for a firm currently receiving a lot of publicity!) and if I had of waited until we were 100% ready to go we would have either been beaten by our competitors or the client would have walked away

Reactions: Max

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed.

For many years I worked in the consulting trade ( for a firm currently receiving a lot of publicity!) and if I had of waited until we were 100% ready to go we would have either been beaten by our competitors or the client would have walked away
I mean, you should be credited for leaving some meat on the bone for smaller consulting firms and ambitious middle managers. ;)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
come on Aussies come on come on...good spirit lads and then the boat comes in... :cool:
It's what we call "hope"...hoping THE boat comes in before mine has sailed!

@globalgregors your observation regarding the tension between project types and end customers almost sent me into deep depression thinking about defence customers who functioned in ambiguity (Bushguide might describe them as "high priced help from the national capital...) unable to properly define their statement of requirements and the company project and marketing types who were determined to offer a non-complying solution to whatever was requested and both sides underfunding the poor buggers who had to design and build whatever it was (hint: sometimes it floats and other times it sinks!)

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's what we call "hope"...hoping THE boat comes in before mine has sailed!

@globalgregors your observation regarding the tension between project types and end customers almost sent me into deep depression thinking about defence customers who functioned in ambiguity (Bushguide might describe them as "high priced help from the national capital...) unable to properly define their statement of requirements and the company project and marketing types who were determined to offer a non-complying solution to whatever was requested and both sides underfunding the poor buggers who had to design and build whatever it was (hint: sometimes it floats and other times it sinks!)
1686133542644.gif

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hello . :giggle: I can't get that grin off my face.
Just got the Grenadier home from K&E. Had 63 km on the counter. Tank full. Car clean except for the roof. Small scratches in the door sill were immediately polished away to my complete satisfaction. Delivery and approval via the dealer. I paid 320 euros.
Drives exceptionally well. Great fun. Fits perfectly in the underground car park. However, the Rhino Rack is missing. Then he has to park in the carport. I asked for the PDI, but you don't get it in copy. All liquids have been checked.
What can I say. The wait was worth it.IMG_7412.jpegIMG_7401.jpegIMG_7411.jpeg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
Hello . :giggle: I can't get that grin off my face.
Just got the Grenadier home from K&E. Had 63 km on the counter. Tank full. Car clean except for the roof. Small scratches in the door sill were immediately polished away to my complete satisfaction. Delivery and approval via the dealer. I paid 320 euros.
Drives exceptionally well. Great fun. Fits perfectly in the underground car park. However, the Rhino Rack is missing. Then he has to park in the carport. I asked for the PDI, but you don't get it in copy. All liquids have been checked.
What can I say. The wait was worth it.View attachment 7815230View attachment 7815231View attachment 7815232
Hi Barney, That Sela Green looks incredible. Congratulations. Miles and Miles of Smiles ahead of you. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom