The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Today, I am advised that my vehicle is about to 'go into production' (again) and so the wait begins to see what actually happens over the next few weeks!
Gave up looking for a 2nd hand truck for the moment, as every Muppet here in AUS wants near new prices for their 2nd hand beat up vehicles with 60K-km+.
Rates were up again two days ago, so a few more rate rises and ill be able to get a cheaper vehicle!

Sunray_Very_Minor

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I appear to have exactly the opposite experience of most others on the forum. I "ordered" the vehicle in May 22 and signed the contract on 1 Mar 23, however for various reasons I didn't want to collect it until after 31 May 23 which I explained this to both IA and the supplying agent. On receiving the request for final payment 3 weeks ago I explained to the agent that I wouldn't pay until I had a look around it which I did last Thu; I transferred the funds the same day. Three days later I got an email from IA confirming this had gone through and yesterday afternoon the V5 (the certificate of registered keeper) arrived in the post. So a flash to bang of 3 working days from me making the payment. I'm actually away for the next week so expect to pick the vehicle up at the end of next week.

I do wonder if I've just been very luck or if their admin is starting to come together?

HT

Production/Transit
Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
I appear to have exactly the opposite experience of most others on the forum. I "ordered" the vehicle in May 22 and signed the contract on 1 Mar 23, however for various reasons I didn't want to collect it until after 31 May 23 which I explained this to both IA and the supplying agent. On receiving the request for final payment 3 weeks ago I explained to the agent that I wouldn't pay until I had a look around it which I did last Thu; I transferred the funds the same day. Three days later I got an email from IA confirming this had gone through and yesterday afternoon the V5 (the certificate of registered keeper) arrived in the post. So a flash to bang of 3 working days from me making the payment. I'm actually away for the next week so expect to pick the vehicle up at the end of next week.

I do wonder if I've just been very luck or if their admin is starting to come together?
The ol’ treat ‘em mean, Keep ‘em keen method. Works every time. I knew I should have played hard to get!

Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
After waiting months for my car to not arrive, I'm now in a long queue to get my refund back. I'd really like to post some positive comments but this is just another chapter in this ridiculous story.

I managed to get some sense out of someone at Ineos today. The mistake appears to be down to my stupidity (my sarcasm, not what they actually said!)

The refund clock didn't start from when I cancelled on their website; nor from when I sent the requested follow-up email. The clock started from when they finally decided to acknowledge my email. I was told the refund would be paid in "14 days". Now, when I'm told "14 days" I ignorantly hear "2 weeks". No, it actually means "14 working days excluding bank holidays with a sub-note that it may be longer".

How could I have been so stupid as to think they'd just process my payment quickly as a compensation for the 6 months of BS they've fed me. Ho hum!

I do feel I need to finish off this rant with.......I still love the idea of the car and wish one was in my garage. I just can't get my head around the admin issues.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Not sure who this guy is, profile says journalist, but seems to have some inside information, but interesting perspective

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well - no more posts here: huge thanks go out to Chandlers, Belton, it's now at home and looking fantastic.

View attachment 7815389
I see you have the high load option, but is the NATO plug behind the plastic trim piece in the rear skid plate?

Local time
Reaction score
I managed to get some sense out of someone at Ineos today. The mistake appears to be down to my stupidity (my sarcasm, not what they actually said!)

The refund clock didn't start from when I cancelled on their website; nor from when I sent the requested follow-up email. The clock started from when they finally decided to acknowledge my email. I was told the refund would be paid in "14 days". Now, when I'm told "14 days" I ignorantly hear "2 weeks". No, it actually means "14 working days excluding bank holidays with a sub-note that it may be longer".

How could I have been so stupid as to think they'd just process my payment quickly as a compensation for the 6 months of BS they've fed me. Ho hum!

I do feel I need to finish off this rant with.......I still love the idea of the car and wish one was in my garage. I just can't get my head around the admin issues.

I chased Ineos again last week. They claim the refund has now been made but they've transmitted it to my original credit card, even though that card was cancelled a year ago. I've spoken to the provider (HSBC) who said Ineos are required to validate active accounts before paying. Called Ineos back and apparently they hadn't done that. HSBC have evidenced the money has been returned but Ineos are denying receipt.

Looks like I'm off to court!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I chased Ineos again last week. They claim the refund has now been made but they've transmitted it to my original credit card, even though that card was cancelled a year ago. I've spoken to the provider (HSBC) who said Ineos are required to validate active accounts before paying. Called Ineos back and apparently they hadn't done that. HSBC have evidenced the money has been returned but Ineos are denying receipt.

Looks like I'm off to court!
If you paid on your credit card, the Cunsumer Credit Act should come into play. Raise it with your card issuers and put the transaction in to dispute.. paying by card gives you a number of valuable protections. Read section 75 of the CCA.

Local time
Reaction score
If you paid on your credit card, the Cunsumer Credit Act should come into play. Raise it with your card issuers and put the transaction in to dispute.. paying by card gives you a number of valuable protections. Read section 75 of the CCA.
I tried that. HSBC have claimed they are not liable due to having returned funds to the merchant. The card wasn't cancelled per se, it was a John Lewis credit card that moved providers. The original card is closed and cannot accept any payments as they no longer support it.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What a mess, easily avoidable if they would've checked where to send the refund.

I have gone back a step or two. Spoke again to IA customer service to request a VIN and whether any update on when it might leave the factory. Was told no, the VIN is not avail but don't worry as has finished production and delivery should be 'soon'. I smelled a rat so asked for them to check again. Sorry, they said, mistake, it's awaiting production!!!

Time to move the cash into a better rate of interest and get the D4 fixed properly.

Sick of waiting, yeah but nothing a few wines won't solve.

Local time
Reaction score
What a mess, easily avoidable if they would've checked where to send the refund.

I have gone back a step or two. Spoke again to IA customer service to request a VIN and whether any update on when it might leave the factory. Was told no, the VIN is not avail but don't worry as has finished production and delivery should be 'soon'. I smelled a rat so asked for them to check again. Sorry, they said, mistake, it's awaiting production!!!

Time to move the cash into a better rate of interest and get the D4 fixed properly.

Sick of waiting, yeah but nothing a few wines won't solve.

Spoke to customer services again this afternoon. Apparently the person responsible for refunds has been out of the office for "an extended period of time" but is now back. Once again the representative promised someone would call me back tomorrow. I'll won't hold my breath. I have an appointment with a solicitor at 10am on Friday so they need to be quick.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well my situation hasn't improved. My car is sitting at the dealers, its someone else's cancelled order, its been 3 weeks now since I said yes on this one. I want it, the dealer wants it gone, I have the cash, sorted insurance etc, and arranged for my current car to go to a colleague. But INEOS can't let me have it because of a 'technical issue' with the transfer of orders. I have asked them to simply process in manually in my case but not had a reply yet. Its so frustrating, the car is PDI'd and ready to go.. but I can't have it because some guy in I.T. can't give me an invoice or new order number.
I can't tell whether its laziness or incompetence, it is worrying though given how others are having problems getting issues resolved. They absolutely nailed it on the car but the rest of the company seems to be still at the drawing board stage.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
can't give me an invoice or new order number.
Ineos are in trouble with this in my opinion. There are 6 cars at my dealer ready to go but can’t be invoiced. We finally paid for ours today, after almost 3 weeks of messing around but I’m not happy about the “compromise.” Ineos are in breach of FCA rules but certainly until we’ve got our vehicle, I can’t be arsed with a formal complaint.

Back
Top Bottom