The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
Had one of those 'nothing' emails in from Ineos today stating:

When should I pay for my Grenadier? And how?

Once your vehicle has left the factory and is on its way to your retail partner, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to make payment. It’s important you do this before your Grenadier reaches your retail partner. So we can prepare your vehicle and organise registration ahead of collection. And so you can organise insurance.

end

P1sses me off a bit because little ol me gets a teeny bit excited thinking what news is this for my order, and then open it up and it's more filibusting!

Oh-well.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos are in trouble with this in my opinion. There are 6 cars at my dealer ready to go but can’t be invoiced. We finally paid for ours today, after almost 3 weeks of messing around but I’m not happy about the “compromise.” Ineos are in breach of FCA rules but certainly until we’ve got our vehicle, I can’t be arsed with a formal complaint.
Was yours a cancelled order or your original order?

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had one of those 'nothing' emails in from Ineos today stating:

When should I pay for my Grenadier? And how?

Once your vehicle has left the factory and is on its way to your retail partner, you’ll receive an email with instructions on how to make payment. It’s important you do this before your Grenadier reaches your retail partner. So we can prepare your vehicle and organise registration ahead of collection. And so you can organise insurance.

end

P1sses me off a bit because little ol me gets a teeny bit excited thinking what news is this for my order, and then open it up and it's more filibusting!

Oh-well.
I think I’m more ticked off than you are. I actually got my payment request back in April, but only received an email two weeks ago saying it’s just gone into production. When I questioned the customer service, they said they sent the payment request by mistake …
FYI I put in my reservation and order on the day they both opened…
Still waiting…

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was yours a cancelled order or your original order?
Original order. Right farce. Considering this is a commercial vehicle they do not make the buying process remotely like buying a commercial vehicle from any other manufacturer or dealer. Most notably, being unable to provide VAT invoices for weeks on end is absurd. We won’t even go on to flat refusal of invoicing third party finance companies and trying to railroad customers in to high rate Santander HP.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Original order. Right farce. Considering this is a commercial vehicle they do not make the buying process remotely like buying a commercial vehicle from any other manufacturer or dealer. Most notably, being unable to provide VAT invoices for weeks on end is absurd. We won’t even go on to flat refusal of invoicing third party finance companies and trying to railroad customers in to high rate Santander HP.
I've had that issue too, but fortunately my finance company will allow me to pay up front and then reimburse me, it's just fortunate that right now I have the cashflow to do that. It would have been a pain if I didn't.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just received a payment request, also says;

"Not long now. Your Grenadier has left the factory and is on the way to your Retail Partner."

then goes on to say pay now "...so we can deliver your Grenadier on time....."

hahahahaha!!!

After yesterday's chat saying it was waiting production who knows whats the status.

Think I'll wait for Jardines to confirm arrival and in what form it is in before releasing the bread.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can I ask those that have paid di your request for payment .pdf have your vehicle's VIN on it because mine is blank.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

"Not long now. Your Grenadier has left the factory and is on the way to your Retail Partner."

hahahahaha!!!

After yesterday's chat saying it was waiting production who knows whats the status.

Think I'll wait for Jardines to confirm arrival and in what form it is in before releasing the bread.
That's what I did. I know others have paid and had no problems, but they have had to wait weeks before the vehicle arrives at the agent. It took 4 weeks to be delivered and 10 days to be ready for the road after paying for it.

GETTING CLOSER - PLUS I WOULD HOPE THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UPDATED TOO!

NB: VIN was supplied separately. Registration after payment. PDI after payment. Payment receipt from INEOS took 5 working days.

Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Regarding my case. Ineos have corrected their earlier statement that they’d refunded my £2,500. Apparently they omitted the reservation £450, so it’s only £2,050 that they’ve lost.

They are stating I need to wait for the money (no time specified). I think my car would have been quicker!

Just to clarify, they decide not to validate a customer account and send payment into the black hole of the clearing system and now expect me to wait at least 10 weeks for their error to be rectified. If their cash flow is this sensitive, not sure you all should be paying for your cars until you have the keys in your hands.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's what I did. I know others have paid and had no problems, but they have had to wait weeks before the vehicle arrives at the agent. It took 4 weeks to be delivered and 10 days to be ready for the road after paying for it.

NB: VIN was supplied separately. Registration after payment. PDI after payment. Payment receipt from INEOS took 5 working days.
Tks Nomad that is just the info I sought.

Have messaged the agent and updated them and asked for them to call me when it's arrived and tell me what's missing etc.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Paid for yesterday, insured today. Invoice today, confirmation of payment and registration but for some reason dealer still not released the car to register yet by Ineos head office. Why, at every last stage is Ineos procedure seeming designed to do nothing but piss you off? I want to collect tomorrow but I doubt I will. Place your bets.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are people checking the bank details verbally via agent and the Ineos Auto customer service?

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, agent verified details with uk business manager.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

hahahahaha!!!

I got the same at 11:16am . I had also called them and Ineos yesterday + again today they both had no idea where the car is and timescale. the Problem is I go away for 6 weeks in a months time, so I am reluctant to pay until I know when for sure.
Today customer services kenp saying "they" sent it to you (the invoice), who is the they? it sounds like "they" know what is happening!!
Customer service make it sound like they are not even the same company.

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

My Vin was on the invoice, + I had got it form Ineos 2 weeks ago anyway.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
Just in case anyone should be wondering: I‘m still waiting (and still sick of it). But I have learned that my vehicle has left production and is waiting for post production inspection. Now my biggest fear is that things will be delayed because I still haven’t seen a contract…

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just in case anyone should be wondering: I‘m still waiting (and still sick of it). But I have learned that my vehicle has left production and is waiting for post production inspection. Now my biggest fear is that things will be delayed because I still haven’t seen a contract…
I thought contracts went out before production?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Vin was on the invoice, + I had got it form Ineos 2 weeks ago anyway.
Not denying the fact at all, just saying I had a message from INEOS separately with the VIN. I also received the Registration document as mentioned above, before the vehicle had been PDi'd.

The call centre must be the hardest job in the world, because if we ask specific information such as when our vehicle will be delivered to the agent, they have no clue or anything to do with finance (I do have some sympathy for them). The portal still says my vehicle is in transit, when clearly it arrived at Chandlers weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom