The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

AWo

Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
It seems that due to time pressure configuration are fed to the production, not waiting for the signed contract. So wrong configurations, as well.

AWo

Last edited:

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
Are people checking the bank details verbally via agent and the Ineos Auto customer service?
I did a £1 transfer then called Ineos to confirm it had arrived. Guy on the phone said he would ask accounts. They sent email confirmation a day later. I then transferred the remainder and they again confirmed a couple of days later.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did a £1 transfer then called Ineos to confirm it had arrived. Guy on the phone said he would ask accounts. They sent email confirmation a day later. I then transferred the remainder and they again confirmed a couple of days later.
That's a damn fine idea. I'm greatly surprised that Ineos managed to go into that 'depth' of service.
Might well try that - tks.

Der Mattes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone knows something more specific on that "transfer case issue". Sounds _much_more_ severe than the other hardware issues before (twisted brake line, steering pipe, clips and other minor stuff).
What is the actual problem? Does it mean that some tranfer cases have to be replaced at the dealers?? How do the Ineos field service mechanics check the transfer box? Is it just a subjective opinion of a field service technician if a transfer box is "good"?

Again, to me this sounds like there is the first _real_ problem....
Dear TD5-90 - I was just going through the Forum-posts regarding problems to deal with my frustration. My car is sitting now for five weeks at the dealership and was supposed to be handed over to me last week. Now they informed me that there is a problem with the transfer case - which must be changed. The mechanics said that there is a noise above 80 km/h that indicates an issue with the transfer case. Now I am very curious on how fast Ineos will react because the car is fully paid since 6 weeks and has license plates for 2 weeks. Even the car tax has been issued to me and now again a delay of x-days or weeks ... This car really challenges my nerves!

Local time
Reaction score
If Ineos had the intelligence to do this I’d probably have my deposit back now. 🤦‍♂️

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_4939.jpeg
Whose quids in? I thought the odds were against us but collected at 16:30 from Sandicliffe Nottingham.

60 miles in, mega busy evening and out all day tomorrow. Impressions to follow, but safe to say I have most of the common warnings! 🤦🏼‍♂️

That aside, the car seems absolutely great.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7816802
Whose quids in? I thought the odds were against us but collected at 16:30 from Sandicliffe Nottingham.

60 miles in, mega busy evening and out all day tomorrow. Impressions to follow, but safe to say I have most of the common warnings! 🤦🏼‍♂️

That aside, the car seems absolutely great.
I'm happy for you. Have fun with it!

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Dear TD5-90 - I was just going through the Forum-posts regarding problems to deal with my frustration. My car is sitting now for five weeks at the dealership and was supposed to be handed over to me last week. Now they informed me that there is a problem with the transfer case - which must be changed. The mechanics said that there is a noise above 80 km/h that indicates an issue with the transfer case. Now I am very curious on how fast Ineos will react because the car is fully paid since 6 weeks and has license plates for 2 weeks. Even the car tax has been issued to me and now again a delay of x-days or weeks ... This car really challenges my nerves!
Hi Mattes! I feel with you, believe me. We all thought we would get a reasonably bullet-proof vehicle, at least the mechanical part (engine only partially included due to emission control equipment, nobody expected miracles) should be _far_beyond_ all doubt. When one then experiences that this is not the case, and additionally experiences the manufacturer and agents are dealing poorly with those problems, it starts to annoy even the most patient clients.

I'm not talking about the load of unnecessary electronic restrictions and paternalism that comes with the series configuration of the vehicle here, I've expressed my disappointment several times elswhere. I really strongly hope that very soon there will be support available from the dealers or third parties to get rid of those impositions.

I still don't have my vehicle, and I must admit I'm getting less excited every week that goes by with no positive message from Ineos and/or dealer, while having to read about experiences like yours at the same time.

The only thing that keeps me smiling is that, these days, my TD5 runs as smooth as never before :) . At least that's what I imagine...

Last edited:

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
The only thing that keeps me smiling is that, these days, my TD5 runs as smooth as never before :)
How much km/miles?n Mine reacches 450.000 soon (around 4.000 km to go). First gearbox-train, once revised, Engine got a new cylinder head (ANC), but that was not necessary. I assumed there is a problem with the head, but there were two problems. Changing the head wasn't necessary...ok. however....changed the injector seals ad 302.000 km for the first time and the injectors at 419.000 km.

AWo

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
I met an Ineos employee today. At the Canadian grand prix qualifying today, a man in the row ahead of me was wearing an Ineos shirt. It wasn't the Mercedes jersey so I asked if he worked for the company. He is, but in the composites division. He was interested why I asked and I mentioned that I had a Grenadier ordered. He said the CEO of the grenadier division (Lynn Calder) was in the paddock club. While I was jealous of her seats, especially with the rain today, I really wished he was with IA so I could have peppered him with questions all day!

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Lynn Calder, a.f.a.i.k. comes from the composite business unit. After beeing in charge of IA for a few weeks she made it on a list of the 50 strongest women in automotive industry of a German automotive business magazine.

Hmmm, I expected women will be put onto that list, after years of experience having a good standing etc. .

AWo

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyway it is good you didn’t get the car with the issue with the transfer case. if it is the one I heard of, it could just block at road speed. This would cause a catastrophic destruction of the transfer case + transmission + probably the motor.
Nothing you want to experience.
Someone here in the forum wrote that the exchange of his transfer case only took about a week so we’ll keep our fingers crossed for you!

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
How much km/miles?n Mine reacches 450.000 soon (around 4.000 km to go). First gearbox-train, once revised, Engine got a new cylinder head (ANC), but that was not necessary. I assumed there is a problem with the head, but there were two problems. Changing the head wasn't necessary...ok. however....changed the injector seals ad 302.000 km for the first time and the injectors at 419.000 km.

AWo
It's only 150.000km, nearly 100% original. I have it now for ~30.000km, but apart from the usual issues (injector loom, some minor oil leaks) no issues so far.
However, it has rarely seen (German) winter conditions, also not in its previous life.

So, all in all, this should serve me for quite some years. Let's see which one is left in some years, the Def or the Gren...

Back
Top Bottom