The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
After waiting months for my car to not arrive, I'm now in a long queue to get my refund back. I'd really like to post some positive comments but this is just another chapter in this ridiculous story.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
After waiting months for my car to not arrive, I'm now in a long queue to get my refund back. I'd really like to post some positive comments but this is just another chapter in this ridiculous story.
I noticed since early April you have been on a rollercoaster of happy and cancelling.
From sitting in your vehicle at the dealer to re-ordering a new one.
unfortunately we are seeing a lot more people now receiving their vehicles and being very happy.
Not sure that the queue for a refund will be a long one, but at least Ineos allow you to get your deposit back, many manufacturers do not.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I spent a long time at my dealers today asking all the questions. They are genuinely really helpful and we discussed openly the problems we are all facing (including for them). My IG is in production and has a VIN, but they have no idea when it will be arriving. They get 48 hrs notice of deliveries. They then have to do PDI and registration etc. This will only happen if Ineos have confirmed payment - this being the biggest bugbear in our household ("OC Domestic Ops" is a commercial banking expert), as we are used to paying for expensive items (houses, cars etc.) on the day of delivery. The "agency" model is a new experience for all in UK. In addition, I asked about the software problems (they are aware), the 12V footwell outlets (they were not aware), the missing bits (table/roof bars) and they are struggling to get these bits to fit to new arrivals.

So what? Well, I had an opportunity to crawl around a new IG there today - I still love it as a vehicle and I want it still. It is such a shame that the experience is tainted by the Ineos customer service model - I will hopefully forget this anxiety when I am enjoying my future trips in it. I would love to have a chance to "chest point" someone at Ineos about this.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
They really know how to suck the joy out of the new car experience.

I usually buy a new car and then run it into the ground, so I don’t do it very often, my last defender was bought new in 2013. So for me its usually quite a big deal.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my refund. It's been since the 17th of May and no one from ineos has confirmed.

Fyi, the wife and and I have elected to keep our Sierra Duramax, trade in our Ford explorer platinum and have bought a Rivian R1T and a Rivian R1S instead. We already have the R1T and I can't imagine the grenadier being more practical. I've saved over $800 in diesel fuel alone this month.

US domestic pricing is just too high. Sorry Ineos. At least ai can look at my el doret model and think what could have been...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase!

Thanks, I'm extremely satisfied with the Rivian and my Duramax. Just curious as to what's the problem with my ineos grenadier refund. I understand you don't have access to those and can't relate.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my refund. It's been since the 17th of May and no one from ineos has confirmed.

Fyi, the wife and and I have elected to keep our Sierra Duramax, trade in our Ford explorer platinum and have bought a Rivian R1T and a Rivian R1S instead. We already have the R1T and I can't imagine the grenadier being more practical. I've saved over $800 in diesel fuel alone this month.

US domestic pricing is just too high. Sorry Ineos. At least ai can look at my el doret model and think what could have been...
Love thr idea of the Rivians, not available here though. But could never have one instead of my Grenadier as it just won’t do what I intend to do with my Grenadier. I am buying an electric vehicle but it will be a small city runabout

Local time
Reaction score
Love thr idea of the Rivians, not available here though. But could never have one instead of my Grenadier as it just won’t do what I intend to do with my Grenadier. I am buying an electric vehicle but it will be a small city runabout
I would have never even considered a Rivian if I didn't already have a big diesel. Totally agree with you.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm extremely satisfied with the Rivian and my Duramax. Just curious as to what's the problem with my ineos grenadier refund. I understand you don't have access to those and can't relate.
They’ve just announced a 25-30% increase in power prices here so the whole electrification question is a sore point.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same:

My new car:
Screenshot 2023-06-08 131718.png

Wife's new car:
Similar styling - both have 4 wheels
Screenshot 2023-06-08 132046.png

Back
Top Bottom