The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
I didn't get the bit about not being able to get insurance.
Who orders a vehicle, waits a year to get it, takes delivery, then starts looking for insurance.
Maybe where he is in the UK it's typical to have insurance before the car, but I've always added new cars to insurance from the dealership. While they're submitting paperwork I add the vin to my insurance over the phone or insurance website. Looking for insurance before I have the keys would be weird. On the other hand, for a new brand like Ineos I expect my insurance to be a little confused, so I would call the agent a few days before pickup to make sure it didn't need additional underwriting.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Maybe where he is in the UK it's typical to have insurance before the car, but I've always added new cars to insurance from the dealership. While they're submitting paperwork I add the vin to my insurance over the phone or insurance website. Looking for insurance before I have the keys would be weird. On the other hand, for a new brand like Ineos I expect my insurance to be a little confused, so I would call the agent a few days before pickup to make sure it didn't need additional underwriting.
Here you can call insurance companies but I just got two quotes online for guaranteed value of $133,000
I am paying $121K but it would cost $133K to replace today.
I just set the cover to start from the day I am collecting it
3rd party insurance is covered as part of the registration

1686022807414.png1686023120039.png

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would definitely have gotten a few quotes before delivery

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Here you can call insurance companies but I just got two quotes online for guaranteed value of $133,000
I am paying $121K but it would cost $133K to replace today.
I just set the cover to start from the day I am collecting it
3rd party insurance is covered as part of the registration

View attachment 7815019View attachment 7815020
Dave, are you going with that crowd and if so will you tell who they are on the forum? Cheers Max

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
Must be a US thing. I know my Canadian friends freaked out when I got a GTI right out of school because the insurance would have been a deal breaker for them up there. For me there hasn't been much variance in rates regardless of vehicle, at least once I turned 25 and got married.

My state just passed a law where the insurers aren't allowed to consider your credit score when pricing your policies. Since better off clients now subsidize those who don't pay their bills, my rates went up last year. I switched to an insurer focused on homeowners with custom homes and my rates actually went down.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would definitely have gotten a few quotes before delivery
Dave, are you going with that crowd and if so will you tell who they are on the forum? Cheers Max
RACQ on the left and APIA (Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency on the right
We have 2 cars & 2 houses insured with Apia.
I will be going with them.
My wife is retired and we are over 55 so qualify for pensioners insurance

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
RACQ on the left and APIA (Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency on the right
We have 2 cars & 2 houses insured with Apia.
I will be going with them.
My wife is retired and we are over 55 so qualify for pensioners insurance
Will probably go with Shannons. I have 5 cars with them already. Their quote was very reasonable but they insisted car had to be in garage at home and it wasn’t going to fit, but I have since replaced the door and it will now so will probably go with them

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Will probably go with Shannons. I have 5 cars with them already. Their quote was very reasonable but they insisted car had to be in garage at home and it wasn’t going to fit, but I have since replaced the door and it will now so will probably go with them
I told Shannons that I don't have a lockable garage. They agreed in my case that my carport was OK.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I told Shannons that I don't have a lockable garage. They agreed in my case that my carport was OK.
I've been with RACQ for years...however they're trying to sell their insurance business...
Do Shannons offer agreed price and if so can you give me a ballpark figure for a premium on a Trialmaster? The RACQ said about $1250 with a $1000 excess and full replacement for total loss in the first 2 yrs...

Reactions: Max

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've been with RACQ for years...however they're trying to sell their insurance business...
Do Shannons offer agreed price and if so can you give me a ballpark figure for a premium on a Trialmaster? The RACQ said about $1250 with a $1000 excess and full replacement for total loss in the first 2 yrs...
Yes Shannons do agreed value. I think mine was just over the $1000 with my multi vehicle discount in Sydney. But the prices can be very different by state. Most of my insurances went up by 50% when I moved from Brisbane to Sydney

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
All insurance is going up stupid prices at the moment - my policy from Shannons just went up by about 25% across the board. My quote was give to me about 9 months ago, and they will hold it valid for 12 months.
Anything under $1200 is a good price in my opinion - if it offers the full package of benefits - rating 1 protection, new for old, windscreen coverage, hire car, etc etc.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/JGwFneRFsIE

Here's the video. He's mostly upset about the vehicle being classified as commercial and some of the finish in the back.
Unless we are talking about a Middle Eastern sheikh or a social network billionaire, I find it suspicious that a normal person, even if wealthy, spends more than 70,000 euros without fully knowing what he is buying. These afterthoughts of which we have indirect news on social networks leave me very doubtful and suspicious... On the other hand, from those who claimed that the first reason to love the Grenadier is that you don't see others around, I wouldn't expect better

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All insurance is going up stupid prices at the moment - my policy from Shannons just went up by about 25% across the board. My quote was give to me about 9 months ago, and they will hold it valid for 12 months.
Anything under $1200 is a good price in my opinion - if it offers the full package of benefits - rating 1 protection, new for old, windscreen coverage, hire car, etc etc.
Yeah very much location dependent- I’ve about 4-5 quotes, all around $1800, a few higher.

Have a quote from Apia and it’s competitive but I need to read the T&Cs because I thought I read somewhere that they won’t cover a lot of items / offroad locations etc so that could be a no go for me.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah very much location dependent- I’ve about 4-5 quotes, all around $1800, a few higher.

Have a quote from Apia and it’s competitive but I need to read the T&Cs because I thought I read somewhere that they won’t cover a lot of items / offroad locations etc so that could be a no go for me.
Is the higher premium more to do with all of those "convictions", "accidents" and "insurance refusals" though?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
Back on track.

D Day it is. Off to collect my Magic Mushroom Trialmaster from Jardine Colchester 😁
Good timing all round.

Enjoy the trip.

Reactions: Del

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
To get back to the actual topic:
My Grenadier (Diesel, Trialmaster, MM) has been at the dealer for a fortnight. Everything is ready. Only the vehicle registration certificate has not arrived yet, so it can't be registered ;-(

After I had to cancel other planned tours in the past (it was supposed to be delivered last year), I now at least wanted to drive it to the Abenteuer & Allrad in Bad Kissingen (Germany) on Saturday ;-(

Back
Top Bottom