The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Look at this one:
IMG_20230602_215737.jpg

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm actually sick of waiting yet, but I am growing more excited as time goes by. Does that count?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm actually sick of waiting yet, but I am growing more excited as time goes by. Does that count?
Yes now mine is on a boat on it’s way to me, the excitement is definitely growing

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
That’s the first symptom during incubation time.
You have to stay strong now!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
That’s the first symptom during incubation time.
You have to stay strong now!
Is the second symptom questioning your options and debating whether to call a mulligan on your specs?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Helloe everyone my waitting has come to an end . Just picked up Christian today ! IT is an aboloute beast ! it is everyhting they promised !! and then some !!! absoloutely epic !!!!
Handover by Hollybrook in NI was epic !!!!
Got a full tank of diesel !! 6 pack of beer !!!! 2 ineos pint glasses !!! AND wait for it !!! An Apple tree !!! Yes a full on apple tree !!! The grenadier was baptised by carrying its very own apple tree!!! ( Will plant in the garden later today !!! )
The waitting is well worth it !!! Car odo reads 70 miles , no dings , no bongs, nothing !!!! Tomorrow leaving for a road trip !! will update then !!
View attachment 7814456
Love the apple tree randomness. Nice touch. Can see you managed to get your sliders too 👍

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It does seem like IA UK are a bit off the ball. It’s been a week since I said I’d take the cancellation car and I haven’t heard anything at all. Not even a confirmation email. It’s annoying as the car is sitting there waiting to go. I have everything ready to pay.

I think we’d be better off with the dealership doing the sales.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Hi and thanks. Any tips/advice as to taking off of trim and ladder from small door to allow the wrap to be correctly applied?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Love the apple tree randomness. Nice touch. Can see you managed to get your sliders too 👍
I know right ? Somehow is so perfect ! As for the rock-sliders the guys said they had a few sets but apparently steps are the ones who are difficult to get .

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Hi and thanks. Any tips/advice as to taking off of trim and ladder from small door to allow the wrap to be correctly applied?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which one is right?🤷‍♂️
Exactly.

I've asked Ineos for clarification - it's pending.

I think I know the answer though. The S 350kg is the rating on the actual equipment as per it's testing/type approval; the lower figure is actually for the equipment when mounted to your vehicle and must be dependent on other vehicle specific data.

Whether there's also some detail in the Grenadier whole vehicle type approval that looks at available payload and only allows a certain percentage of it to be allocated to trailer nose weight or it's based around actual rear axle weights, I don't know.

My vehicle sticker actually states 301kg, so if I want to maintain a 10% nose weight I'd be limited to 3,010kg total trailer weight not the 3,500kg I thought I had purchased.

I'd like to know what would happen if I was stopped at a roadside test and found to be above the 301kg nose weight. Have I committed an offense?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly.

I've asked Ineos for clarification - it's pending.

I think I know the answer though. The S 350kg is the rating on the actual equipment as per it's testing/type approval; the lower figure is actually for the equipment when mounted to your vehicle and must be dependent on other vehicle specific data.

Whether there's also some detail in the Grenadier whole vehicle type approval that looks at available payload and only allows a certain percentage of it to be allocated to trailer nose weight or it's based around actual rear axle weights, I don't know.

My vehicle sticker actually states 301kg, so if I want to maintain a 10% nose weight I'd be limited to 3,010kg total trailer weight not the 3,500kg I thought I had purchased.

I'd like to know what would happen if I was stopped at a roadside test and found to be above the 301kg nose weight. Have I committed an offense?
the 10% nose weight is a "rule of thumb" in this wide brown land down-under. Does it have actual legal status in the UK?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
the 10% nose weight is a "rule of thumb" in this wide brown land down-under. Does it have actual legal status in the UK?
The 10% nose weight rule of thumb in its self doesn't, but the S value has to be stipulated by manufacturers and is mandatory by directives in the EU and UK.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 10% nose weight rule of thumb in its self doesn't, but the S value has to be stipulated by manufacturers and is mandatory by directives in the EU and UK.
Thanks Eric, understood re S value. However the nose weight is somewhat arbitrary within reason and will be dependent to some extent on the design of the trailer/caravan etc and the contribution of the 'nose weight' to the overall vehicle payload. Perhaps a reduced 'suggested' nose weight on the sticker is also dependent on other weight bearing options on the vehicle: sliders, winch, roof rack etc, all of which decrease the ultimate payload compared to a vehicle with no options. I guess all will be revealed when some IA guru is prepared to make a statement? :oops:

Back
Top Bottom