The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Today I got my car - many thanks to Sir Jim Ratcliffe, a great idea, a great project, the ride along was exciting, the trips with the Grenadier will be too!
Fantastic book. I really enjoyed it!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
I don't see the photo of the door. Am I missing it somewhere?
if it was me and knowing my luck it would be on back order along with the picnic table and sliders!

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Forget Sick of Waiting, I'm getting a bit sick of explaining Ineos's shortcomings. Now the car is ready it turns out they can't easily invoice it and the whole thing seems laughably un-organised. How the vehicle, which in my case is 'commercial*' can possibly be paid for without a bloody VAT invoice is a joke. I really hope I won't be explaining away the issues post delivery or it'll be joining @Nomad and the rest on Auto Trader!

*Let's not even go there

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Forget Sick of Waiting, I'm getting a bit sick of explaining Ineos's shortcomings. Now the car is ready it turns out they can't easily invoice it and the whole thing seems laughably un-organised. How the vehicle, which in my case is 'commercial*' can possibly be paid for without a bloody VAT invoice is a joke. I really hope I won't be explaining away the issues post delivery or it'll be joining @Nomad and the rest on Auto Trader!

*Let's not even go there
Still no sign of an invoice. Car now supposedly registered and ready to go. @Jeremy996 @Ever Pragmatic @Jean Mercier didn't one of you have a similar issue, solved by an email to Lynn Calder? If so, what email address to your correspondence go to?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

*Let's not even go there
It's a shit show and we should report it to the Ombudsman. I am extremely disappointed in the whole process. I have bought two cars this year and each was a walk in the park, this is like having your finger nails pulled out over and over again.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JOB

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's a shit show and we should report it to the Ombudsman. I am extremely disappointed in the whole process. I have bought two cars this year and each was a walk in the park, this is like having your finger nails pulled out over and over again.
I wouldn't be as verbose as to say we buy plant, trucks, vans and so on 'all the time', but I have plenty of experience of dealing with the purchase of commercial vehicles and equipment and nothing compares to this mess. Ineos customer services appear not to understand why I might even require an invoice. Tempted to play them at their own game now and go incommunicado until they call me asking for a few quid to go in the Man U fund.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Helloe everyone my waitting has come to an end . Just picked up Christian today ! IT is an aboloute beast ! it is everyhting they promised !! and then some !!! absoloutely epic !!!!
Handover by Hollybrook in NI was epic !!!!
Got a full tank of diesel !! 6 pack of beer !!!! 2 ineos pint glasses !!! AND wait for it !!! An Apple tree !!! Yes a full on apple tree !!! The grenadier was baptised by carrying its very own apple tree!!! ( Will plant in the garden later today !!! )
The waitting is well worth it !!! Car odo reads 70 miles , no dings , no bongs, nothing !!!! Tomorrow leaving for a road trip !! will update then !!
1685725837500.jpeg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Helloe everyone my waitting has come to an end . Just picked up Christian today ! IT is an aboloute beast ! it is everyhting they promised !! and then some !!! absoloutely epic !!!!
Handover by Hollybrook in NI was epic !!!!
Got a full tank of diesel !! 6 pack of beer !!!! 2 ineos pint glasses !!! AND wait for it !!! An Apple tree !!! Yes a full on apple tree !!! The grenadier was baptised by carrying its very own apple tree!!! ( Will plant in the garden later today !!! )
The waitting is well worth it !!! Car odo reads 70 miles , no dings , no bongs, nothing !!!! Tomorrow leaving for a road trip !! will update then !!
View attachment 7814456
That looks great. Fieldmaster? An apple tree! that has to be a first.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
An Apple tree !!! Yes a full on apple tree !!! The grenadier was baptised by carrying its very own apple tree!!!
Congratulations, very happy for you :love:

But if you got an apple tree, this means your mobile phone is an iPhone!

My question, what do Android phone users get? :unsure: :ROFLMAO::devilish:

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Congratulations, very happy for you :love:

But if you got an apple tree, this means your mobile phone is an iPhone!

My question, what do Android phone users get? :unsure: :ROFLMAO::devilish:
Thank you Jean !!!
Ahhahah as a matter of fact yes my Phone is an Iphone . Not sure what the Android crowd were given !! ahhah .
Maybe somerthing out of this world ?? ( bad pun i will show my self out now :) )

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
So, today we took over our Grenadier. Many thanks to the Matzker Team Cologne, who have done everything in the last few days to ensure that we get the vehicle before our holiday. We are the second delivery in Cologne to customers.
I followed the project for >38 months, was one of the first to reserve and order it, and at the end I always doubted whether I had done everything right. Yes, I did (and thanks to my wife for her endless patience)! I can't get the grin off my face at the moment.
So far I've driven 160km ONROAD only, no permanent error messages (first I ran the self-test), motorway up to 130 km/h, a bit of city traffic and country roads, consumption about 14l/100km, but falling.
Steering takes some getting used to at first, if you've only driven sports cars and compacts lately. The car is well made and the feel of the interior is better than expected. We had not seen the colour Scottish White on a vehicle before and we are thrilled. Next week we leave for our holiday in Scotland, and after that I will certainly be able to judge the OFFROAD characteristics. I am sure there is nothing negative.
What's still missing: sidesteps and roof crossbars. These and the software update will be done at the end of June.
Trailer support load: 350kg !

IMG_4930.jpgIMG_4931.jpgIMG_4932.jpgIMG_4933.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
We’re you told the software update will come by month’s end?

Nice truck BTW!

Back
Top Bottom