The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
Have you considered mounting the Baroud RTT on rails rather than incurring the weight of a full rack?

That's another option, more economical, but doesn't give you the vesatilty of a roof rack, gear needs to be carried, firewood...I´d always go for a full rack, when possible..much neater and cleaner inside the vehicle when you can just toss mucky or other stuff on the roof. Aaanyhow, all suitable bars in EU for 4x4´s come from either PreAlpina in Italy or Atera in Germany, with different brand stickers on them...or from China of course, but that's another story...

Don't be mislead by their online presence: On Ateras its not obvious that three/two different length legs are available for the Works and the Works XL..a bar s rated at 150kgs btw, qualitée solide. PreAlpina´s site is very Italian..bella figure but not much substance. Their bars are good though, just the powder coat is superior on the German bars. Both could do with a slight improvement on fittings, you can sort that yourself or have a mechanic do that for you. Beware of dealers with the cheapest offers on Atera - they include a weaker crossmember w a shorter slot underneath, totally unsuitable.

Best is to find the distributor in your country, they are usually able to sort out the confusion created by the website..

Last edited:

Luc Cornelissen

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hannibal used to be first choice value for money in EU, Unfortunately, they no longer have a distributor on the continent. Thankfully (or not), the Dutch are copying the design with some improvements, minus the solid bottom rail that Hannibal had. Have a look at their website, am sure they can adapt the 90´s Defender rack. They'll do that for you, others will be in the same position soon and there is a market. It's probably not too far away from where you live, maybe pay them a visit ?

The Hannibal rack always looked the part on a Defender or G Wagen, that should be no different on the Grenadier. Super strong, too (with the continuous bottom rail). More expensive examples with en equal carrying capacity are plentiful, sort of custom made, often for military applications, starting in the region of €4000.
Thanks

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
One month today since my Grenadier was supposed to be built. We've had Lynn Calder's communication and the press embargo lifted but I'm still none the wiser on when I'll get my contract or delivery date. Weren't those with January builds supposed to get a revised delivery date?? Has anyone with an original January build date heard anything from INEOS?

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
One month today since my Grenadier was supposed to be built. We've had Lynn Calder's communication and the press embargo lifted but I'm still none the wiser on when I'll get my contract or delivery date. Weren't those with January builds supposed to get a revised delivery date?? Has anyone with an original January build date heard anything from INEOS?
no nothing, dealer and IA silent

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
nothing at all :(

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Signed the contract in November
Build date January
No comms since the contract e-signature

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also signed back in November. Apart from three more issues of the same contract I have had no other news of progress.
I am getting seriously cheesed off with this now. What is so difficult about supplying a little information?
A

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's what worries me. I haven't even been sent a contract. Beginning to wonder if I should bail and look for something else. I can't keep going from month to month renting a car.

tartan shepherd

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I think IA's definition of frequent communication is once a qtr. Maybe once every 6 months if things aren't going well!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't understand Ineos Automotive, no communication or vague communication or crap communication with no information (like I had with the guy from customer support some two weeks ago - not his fault by the way) is soooooo bad for their reputation!

The website and our account on it is for many of us also a disaster: the last time I had some decent information about my order was about half December, and since then I don't see my order anymore! Each time I talk about the website with my dealer Hedin in Belgium he tells me the same: "new version under construction". But he tells me that since September!

• Is it so difficult for them (Ineos customer support or anybody) to look up an order number and tell us the status of our order and the configuration linked to it? Shouldn't be!
  • Is it so difficult to admit clearly which outsourced components or parts have delivery delays? We all know there are some problems in the world, therefore tell us! Difficult? I don't think so!
  • Is it so difficult to tell us that the software has still some serious bugs? If it is the case, tell us? Difficult? No!
  • Is it a shame to have problems? No! Is it normal? Perhaps! Should they talk about it! Yes! Not difficult!
I am pissed off! Ineos Customer support and communication is soooooo important.

And "perhaps" I am among the lucky ones, perhaps, see what I announced concerning my order about one week ago in this thread.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing what so ever, so much for the CEO's " you will all eb told individually soon. !! Talked to my dealer and they no no more than we do, Talked to Ineos and likewise, ""Contract with your delivery date coming soon, ! I asked the Insos support management if the build was started on the 13th January and the answer was, yours will be built in February - however no official communications

Yours sanely

The mushroom.... Kept in the dark and fed on Sh1T :( :mad::poop:

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't understand Ineos Automotive, no communication or vague communication or crap communication with no information (like I had with the guy from customer support some two weeks ago - not his fault by the way) is soooooo bad for their reputation!

The website and our account on it is for many of us also a disaster: the last time I had some decent information about my order was about half December, and since then I don't see my order anymore! Each time I talk about the website with my dealer Hedin in Belgium he tells me the same: "new version under construction". But he tells me that since September!

• Is it so difficult for them (Ineos customer support or anybody) to look up an order number and tell us the status of our order and the configuration linked to it? Shouldn't be!
  • Is it so difficult to admit clearly which outsourced components or parts have delivery delays? We all know there are some problems in the world, therefore tell us! Difficult? I don't think so!
  • Is it so difficult to tell us that the software has still some serious bugs? If it is the case, tell us? Difficult? No!
  • Is it a shame to have problems? No! Is it normal? Perhaps! Should they talk about it! Yes! Not difficult!
I am pissed off! Ineos Customer support and communication is soooooo important.

And "perhaps" I am among the lucky ones, perhaps, see what I announced concerning my order about one week ago in this thread.
Nope spot on, so far
Ineos cant deliver a Grenadier
Ineos Can't deliver a contract and
Ineos can't deliver the communications regarding the above

WTF can they do, other than sit on £2500 of my cash, interest free for nearly a year !!!!

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nope spot on, so far
Ineos cant deliver a Grenadier
Ineos Can't deliver a contract and
Ineos can't deliver the communications regarding the above

WTF can they do, other than sit on £2500 of my cash, interest free for nearly a year !!!!
100% agree, even that I was until now really a fanboy, the non communication drives me crazy. If I do with my customer in this way, I will not earn the money to buy a Grenadier.
Ineos should be happy that their customer follow another culture.

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
100% agree, even that I was until now really a fanboy, the non communication drives me crazy. If I do with my customer in this way, I will not earn the money to buy a Grenadier.
Ineos should be happy that their customer follow another culture.
What do you want Ineos to tell us? There are problems. Which ones I don't care about. They may also not yet know when they can be solved. So, what should Ineos tell us? So they keep quiet. I have been waiting for 5 years now. It always went on in small and big steps. Now there is only one very small step to take. Then my Grenadier will be there. And I want to have it flawless. So I can wait a little longer. Your contracts will also come. But it just doesn't happen that fast. Everything is terribly complicated. But we've been through all that in this forum. Keep your nerves. Everything will be fine.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What do you want Ineos to tell us? There are problems. Which ones I don't care about. They may also not yet know when they can be solved. So, what should Ineos tell us? So they keep quiet. I have been waiting for 5 years now. It always went on in small and big steps. Now there is only one very small step to take. Then my Grenadier will be there. And I want to have it flawless. So I can wait a little longer. Your contracts will also come. But it just doesn't happen that fast. Everything is terribly complicated. But we've been through all that in this forum. Keep your nerves. Everything will be fine.
Nothing but the truth, which has alas been sadly lacking so far, August30th 2022, Quote" I can confirm your contract is coming this Friday" did it ? No, same in October14th, Your contract will defiantly be with you next week, I can guarantee" did it, No ! Same in December, and January 2023. I don't mind the wait, anyone can manage that it is the dishonesty and lies that really pisses me off....
No excuse
No reason
No point at all.

Just keep it simple and tell the truth

Monday Rant over

happy again till friday...........:cautious::cautious::cautious:

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not sure that it‘s a small step… first day reservation, first day order, no contract and if I can trust the dealer min. 60 days to wait until contract signed. Production should be Feb 23.
After not receiving an confirmation about the early order, it takes several long calls at Ineos to have the order in July in the system. They never called me, I have to follow up.
So I am afraid:We hear nothing, is the order lost again? everything running well. If someone communicate with you it is different.
Sure other car company have same problems, for example Audi is still on delay with the in 12/21 ordered RS3 of my son, but the dealer update him every month. Don‘t care about good or bad news. He speak to him.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If

Nothing but the truth, which has alas been sadly lacking so far, August30th 2022, Quote" I can confirm your contract is coming this Friday" did it ? No, same in October14th, Your contract will defiantly be with you next week, I can guarantee" did it, No ! Same in December, and January 2023. I don't mind the wait, anyone can manage that it is the dishonesty and lies that really pisses me off....
No excuse
No reason
No point at all.

Just keep it simple and tell the truth

Monday Rant over

happy again till friday...........:cautious::cautious::cautious:
if you want to rant, direct it to their managers . They are all on Linkedin. Just type Ineos Automotive in the search function and they’re all there from Lyn Calder down. IA are particularly active on LinkedIn at the moment and I make a point of commenting on their posts about poor communication and failing to surf the wave of good will that exists amongst order holders..

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My hunch is that Ratcliffe has seen the niggles and negative stuff in the press reports - mostly relatively easy fixes according to Forbes review - and asked for fixes before the cars are released, hence the so-called "checks". The man likes stuff to be perfect so any flaws will piss him off big time. I had hoped, however, that demo cars would have been available this week for on-road test drives. Maybe they will be. 🤞

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From me at least, the pressure is off. I think following the slightly lukewarm reviews I would actually like to drive a Grenadier on the road before I'm sat with my left knee under my chin and my right foot accidentally pressing the brake rather than the accelerator as I frantically wrestle the wheel in order not to veer off course. I would also be happy if my car lands with the dealer before my contract arrives, especially in light of the ongoing saga in terms of business accounting the purchase, VAT and so on. I would rather news from Ineos saying they had made an arrangement with HMRC than news saying they had made my car!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom