The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
If that's correct matey, yet another example of Ineos fobbing everyone off ????
From what I understand they aren’t intentionally fobbing people off; it’s just that the factory in Hambach is basically isolated from the rest of the company in terms of it’s operation & even Ineos themselves are in the dark regarding production schedule etc. As it stands - you can pretty much ignore any information given until your car actually lands as it’s basically just guesswork (albeit with the best of intentions).

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am ok not being in the 1st batch of cars... the later runs will have some QA issues sorted, likely better fitment of finishes etc. I am ok with a month or two delay.
I’m led to believe that no cars will be released until they’re 100% happy & that this is the reason for the extended delays/radio silence period. The wait may be frustrating; however, it’s good to know that it’s because of the extreme attention to detail that’s being insisted upon.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From what I understand they aren’t intentionally fobbing people off; it’s just that the factory in Hambach is basically isolated from the rest of the company in terms of it’s operation & even Ineos themselves are in the dark regarding production schedule etc. As it stands - you can pretty much ignore any information given until your car actually lands as it’s basically just guesswork (albeit with the best of intentions).
I think that has hit the nail on the head, spot on (y) .

One day I hope to be discussing how great my Grenadier is , and should I buy the Mrs a shorty version [ The Guardsman ???]

Roll on the roll out;)

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m led to believe that no cars will be released until they’re 100% happy & that this is the reason for the extended delays/radio silence period. The wait may be frustrating; however, it’s good to know that it’s because of the extreme attention to detail that’s being insisted upon.
That's quite right, I like attention to detail and look forward to receiving mine soon, be good to talk about the Grenadiers we have soon eh(y)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score

One day I hope to be discussing how great my Grenadier is , and should I buy the Mrs a shorty version [ The Guardsman ???]

Roll on the roll out;)
Pardon me whilest I trade mark Guardsman …

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received a call from my agent earlier this evening to update me on my order. Although it was expected last week with a delivery/handover set for the 15th, it had not shown up as of today.

She has heard from IA today that it will land in the next two days. It will require some pdi fettling, side runners bolted on and a (another) software update. The latter should be the last barrier to handover apart from paying for it.. Once it lands at the dealer, I’ll post a photo..

All this said, it’s Ineos, so who knows what’s going to happen but that’s kind of cool 😎 I guess..

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received a call from my agent earlier this evening to update me on my order. Although it was expected last week with a delivery/handover set for the 15th, it had not shown up as of today.

She has heard from IA today that it will land in the next two days. It will require some pdi fettling, side runners bolted on and a (another) software update. The latter should be the last barrier to handover apart from paying for it.. Once it lands at the dealer, I’ll post a photo..

All this said, it’s Ineos, so who knows what’s going to happen but that’s kind of cool 😎 I guess..
Great to have an update, tks. I'm going to go all in and say 8 more sleeps for you. DD is Weds next week all going well!!! 🤞

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thats really good news, please keep us updated (y)

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great to have an update, tks. I'm going to go all in and say 8 more sleeps for you. DD is Weds next week all going well!!! 🤞
My boys are on half term and were desperately hoping it arrived this week so they could “play” in it.. when I say “play” it meant blasting around rural Northants and getting it dirty and wet.. like the Mrs..!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
It will require some pdi fettling, side runners bolted on and a (another) software update. The latter should be the last barrier to handover apart from paying for it.. Once it lands at the dealer, I’ll post a photo..

Hmmm ... what is "pdi fettling"? Another abbreviation I don't know! :unsure:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Ooh - you guys are bored now. School holiday - mid way through school term.
Mid term in Australia would relate to half way through a pregnancy so a bit strange for boys.

We have 4 terms here with three 2 week breaks and then in summer they have in this case from 10th December until 23rd January so about 6 weeks

1676404638967.png

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

That sounds positive and good luck.
I have been crossing my fingers for getting the same call although i think my dealer is nervous of making the call to customers due to being let down before on the same.
They were however insistent that those customers that that have cars waiting in their forecourt already can't be handed over till March.
One point hopefully in your favour is some of the checks that those already delivered require an IA visit might have already happened before yours left Hambach.
Dealer fitting and PDI I am told is routine and can be done within a couple of days.
The dealerships are all prepped and can do software updates on site.

Please keep us updated and best of luck!! 🤞(y)(y)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score

Roll on the roll out;)
Surely ‘Fusilier’ would be the go…? :)

Back
Top Bottom