The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
Happy in principle to join a group of Grenadier owners if there is an appropriately experienced group of people. Just don’t want to do solo for first time at least, and want the advice they give you on what you need. Also have had experiences in the past where people have said yes sure let’s do it but no one could ever settled on firm dates or plans, or people started dropping out one by one until it no longer becomes viable. The advantage of a tag along is that there is a fixed date you can plan your schedule around.
I help out a tag along operator, and I can’t wait to do my first trip with him in my Grenadier when it arrives.

I'd be happy to keep in contact with you and let you know dates etc, once we get our vehicles. Feel free to message me.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
Damn, looking at orders all around the globe and who is getting what: - both the wife and I are seriously contemplating changing our entire end of year plan. It was meant to be a full SEP into OCT trip... with the Gren. I'm not sure at the moment... if I will get this vehicle IN AUG which will give me the time to prep it for the journey...
What kind of prep are you planning?

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
I'm impatient, after being promised, October, November, December, January, February. On March 1st, if they cannot give me a firm delivery day, then I will try to negotiate my deposit back.

You all might say, so "close", but I would say so "far" and I'll buy a Defender.
Is there not 6-12 month delay on new Defenders?

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Called Ineos today. The lady could not find my file. Said she'd look into it and call me in the next hour. She did. My car is built and is in Hambach. It is undergoing a manual inspection and waiting for a software update. She will get back to me next week to give me more details on delivery. She expects it in the next two weeks. So at least with me, Ineos has always kept its promises. Let's see if they get back to me next week on the update.
Contract signed on November 7. Went into construction on January 9 with conversion of my account. Then heard nothing until today.

Camskii

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I help out a tag along operator, and I can’t wait to do my first trip with him in my Grenadier when it arrives.

I'd be happy to keep in contact with you and let you know dates etc, once we get our vehicles. Feel free to message me.
I was considering a solo crossing in August actually

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thank you, I will, maybe we can out together an all Grenadier trip

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
In fact, this is perhaps an idea for a future section of this forum: anyone planning a trip where he/she/it would like to have other cars joining (perhaps open to other 4X4) or would accept taking some passengers could announce it on such a new section.
@Stu_Barnes ... what do you think?
Could be by continent, or in some cases by country if there are too much proposals.
But perhaps this exists on other platforms. I never searched for it, because I am mainly a "lonely" traveler, but that doesn't mean I would not be open to it.

I pick up hitch-hikers when I can, although this is an almost extinct species, at least in Europe. I hitch-hiked myself a lot when I was younger.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Well… unless the naming convention is rather the location at which Sir Jim conceived the vehicle.

Perhaps the Ineos Monaco? (Ineos Tax Haven seems unwieldy)
Ineos Trafford?
Ineos Treddly?
don’t you have some decent pub names..
Anchor..
Kings Head..
Saddle..
I think there are plenty of decent places to have a pint.. and sketch a vehicle..

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
In fact, this is perhaps an idea for a future section of this forum: anyone planning a trip where he/she/it would like to have other cars joining (perhaps open to other 4X4) or would accept taking some passengers could announce it on such a new section.
@Stu_Barnes ... what do you think?
Could be by continent, or in some cases by country if there are too much proposals.
But perhaps this exists on other platforms. I never searched for it, because I am mainly a "lonely" traveler, but that doesn't mean I would not be open to it.

I pick up hitch-hikers when I can, although this is an almost extinct species, at least in Europe. I hitch-hiked myself a lot when I was younger.
This is part of the intention of the localized sections of the forum.

• Conversations about and arranging local meetups.

If your area doesn't have a specific region then let me know and we can look into establishing one.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
looks like the accessory manufacturers have received their IG's.
There were early public statements by Ineos that they would make some prototypes available to selected after market firms for development purposes. After they'd completed their work the vehicles would be crushed....:oops:

Overlandplus

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
There were early public statements by Ineos that they would make some prototypes available to selected after market firms for development purposes. After they'd completed their work the vehicles would be crushed....:oops:
I could be wrong, but looking at the pre delivery door protection, this seems to be a production model.

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Good idea forming own groups for trips.

Have not been a big fan of clubs or Tagalongs as you never know who’ll you’ll get. Only takes one to spoil a trip. I’m hoping that some local day trips organised through the local division section will result in the more full blown trips.

Back
Top Bottom