The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
My local pub is called The Cock. I’m glad Sir Jim doesn’t drink there….
First Friday at the office must be disturbing for new starters…
”C’mon fellas, let’s go blow the froth off a coupla up the Cock”

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
My local pub is called The Cock. I’m glad Sir Jim doesn’t drink there….
There's a pub up the road from me called The Cock Inn, and not far from where I used to live was one called The Black Boy. Good that they were not in the same proximity.

Oh and yes I'm tired of waiting for an update fm IA

Nocrays

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
There's a pub up the road from me called The Cock Inn, and not far from where I used to live was one called The Black Boy. Good that they were not in the same proximity.

Oh and yes I'm tired of waiting for an update fm IA
Oh but onto something that is working well!! I just received my 3rd reminder of the Grenadier being at some 4x4 event in Victoria !!!!! Very useful as I live in Perth🤦‍♂️

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
My dealer told me that they received their first customers cars by now which still need som software update. Mine is not there yet 😫
I didn’t dare asking him how many customers cars he got. If he would have told me that he got 8 or so I would not understand the world anymore…
#SICKOFWAITING

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Coming back from a client, (and driving the Morgan, as that has business use insurance), wandered into my dealer. He had not long received a 2 page e-mail from Ineos Automotive, saying that they were still building on a batch and hold basis, contracts were delayed until they had an idea of likely handover, they still needed a software update and they were very apologetic as they appreciated that both the dealers and the customers were getting impatient. His demonstrator was delayed some more and there was the start of a process to replace the undrivable showroom exhibit for something more mobile. All this can be summed up as 2 page of waffle telling us nothing new but trying to be both reassuring and empathic.

He said he would ring me as soon as he had some positive news.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m pleased to report that my Gren arrived at the dealer this morning. I’ve even got a video of it coming off the transporter. Levels of of excitement are now sky high….
I’m planning to visit it tomorrow with the children so if there’s any photos you want of production standard Grenadiers, just ask..

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Holy hell fire!!

awesome news.

any further progress on a est dely date for you?
and does it need any software or dealer input which not factory fitted, e.g sliders etc?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Coming back from a client, (and driving the Morgan, as that has business use insurance), wandered into my dealer. He had not long received a 2 page e-mail from Ineos Automotive, saying that they were still building on a batch and hold basis, contracts were delayed until they had an idea of likely handover, they still needed a software update and they were very apologetic as they appreciated that both the dealers and the customers were getting impatient. His demonstrator was delayed some more and there was the start of a process to replace the undrivable showroom exhibit for something more mobile. All this can be summed up as 2 page of waffle telling us nothing new but trying to be both reassuring and empathic.

He said he would ring me as soon as he had some positive news.
Well at least it is communication of sorts and it’s good to hear from IA the reason why the contracts are delayed. Thanks for sharing👍

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Holy hell fire!!

awesome news.

any further progress on a est dely date for you?
and does it need any software or dealer input which not factory fitted, e.g sliders etc?
Side Runners not sliders in my case, and they’re going to fit them in the next few days. It requires a software update and IA won’t authorise handover until that’s been done. At least it is at the dealer and not somewhere between “in production” and ”in transit”.. It’s physical in Northampton and we will commune with it tomorrow. Buttons will be pressed, engines will be revved, doors will be opened and shut and backsides will be heated…

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Side Runners not sliders in my case, and they’re going to fit them in the next few days. It requires a software update and IA won’t authorise handover until that’s been done. At least it is at the dealer and not somewhere between “in production” and ”in transit”.. It’s physical in Northampton and we will commune with it tomorrow. Buttons will be pressed, engines will be revved, doors will be opened and shut and backsides will be heated…
wonderful. send as many pics or vids as poss. tough night tonight!!

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:01 AM
Reaction score
Is there info on software update just to be applied or software team still in debugging?

As all this does not explain why Ineos is so mystical around contracts, production status,…

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
Well for us in dubai, uae deliveries pushed from feb to April for first batch of orders.. this was told to me by the dealer this week, also confirmed a software update is awaiting to happen..

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve changed my avatar to that of my actual vehicle already.. I’ll try to get some photos of stuff I’ve not seen already including the rear seating bolt holes as I plan to move the seats back to give more leg room.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice one. Make sure they turn the headlights off!

Last edited:

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve changed my avatar to that of my actual vehicle already.. I’ll try to get some photos of stuff I’ve not seen already including the rear seating bolt holes as I plan to move the seats back to give more leg room.
fab news and very pleased that someone is getting there grenadier. yep please detail how easy it is to move the seats back and if anything ""special"" parts / tools etc is needed well done !!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:01 PM
Reaction score
A minor thing, but I’m keen to know if the headlights automatically turn off when you kill the ignition and open the driver door, or if there is just a bloody sound warning for you to turn them off.
I always drive with lights on so the later would drive me mad.
Thanks

Oh, and enjoy the visit tomorrow!!

Back
Top Bottom