The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Reviews Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Depending upon which urban dictionary you use , in which country , that could mean any number of bizarre, mundane or amusing things 😄
Except that the tires are mounted "white markings out".... Many consider this naff. I do, and always insist on White markings in.........
I usually agree but I’m admittedly wavering. This ad is the entire reason I became a Land Rover fan and those white letters look awesome here!

Attachments

• 5D3469D0-E22A-4AE3-B9E9-2D8213A752CD.jpeg
    5D3469D0-E22A-4AE3-B9E9-2D8213A752CD.jpeg
    901.3 KB · Views: 70

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
I usually agree but I’m admittedly wavering. This ad is the entire reason I became a Land Rover fan and those white letters look awesome here!
Well scuffed white letters prove the vehicle leaves the bitumen!
Or alternatively , one is a lousy kerb frotteur...

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
I finally have the chance to own a car with features of my RC collection. ;P

E02F1F78-E0ED-4D15-951A-84E2BB514E97.jpeg

As the latest photos of the Scottish White - which is meant to go onto my roof - look very yellow, let me at least show off real white on the wheels.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:48 AM
Reaction score
Except that the tires are mounted "white markings out".... Many consider this naff. I do, and always insist on White markings in.........
If I had a real IWC Portuguese, I wouldn't go down to the basement to check the time. I don't care about others.

I think that understatement is something different than mounting some tires with white markings inside.

Last edited:

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
7:48 AM
Reaction score
Would it be the case that the vehicles used in Scotland will end up as dealer demos and subsequently retail used stock. I think I read something on here that dealers are expected to get demonstrators from the 20th of January.
They won't be our demonstration vehicles no.

Local time
Reaction score
In my experience compared to highway driving, fuel consumption goes like this.
Gravel road add 20%
Rough gravel road add 50%
Track requiring low range add 100-150%
Sand can knock consumption around. Depends how slow going it is. Sometimes being forced to drive at very slow speeds helps with aero drag.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sand can knock consumption around. Depends how slow going it is. Sometimes being forced to drive at very slow speeds helps with aero drag.
The wider the tyres in sand the more you have to push out of the way to get through
Offset that by the less you sink in compared to narrower tyres and there has to be a sweet spot

Clunster

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
The wider the tyres in sand the more you have to push out of the way to get through
Offset that by the less you sink in compared to narrower tyres and there has to be a sweet spot
Narrow tyres that sink into the sand are supposed to help with handling but my Pendine Sands racer runs on 3.25 x 18s and is bloody terrifying!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230115-225257.png
    Screenshot_20230115-225257.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 48

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the 70's it was all about big floating tyres on the Fraser Island sand but by the 80's back to 750x16 let the pressure down with a little bit of spread width wise but it was the length of tyre on the sand and you weren't pushing too much...all about the sweet spot and steering... still would have preferred 16" with a little more width than the 80's.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In the 70's it was all about big floating tyres on the Fraser Island sand but by the 80's back to 750x16 let the pressure down with a little bit of spread width wise but it was the length of tyre on the sand and you weren't pushing too much...all about the sweet spot and steering... still would have preferred 16" if available
They discovered the importance of stiff side walls

Local time
Reaction score
Still waiting to see one in Canada after a brief stop in the summer. There are suppose to be some trucks (sounds like PTOs from the email wording) through NA from Feb to May, whether for not that will be before orders open up for us seems a little ambiguous still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom