The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Quarterdeck- ADVAW8S QM build thread

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
This thread will be for my build of QM. I look to share ideas and also ask other forum memebers to share ideas or solutions.

I have named the thread Quarterdeck after the military term used for area where senior officers work. Since I will be the captain of my ship, I will live and work in Quarterdeck.

Wolfbox: the rear view camera can be found in tailgate. Plus their is no obstruction in the rear window. But I will be installing an a rear camera when I have the back fully covered. If you get the G900 Pro kit, it comes with a rear plate mounting kit. It an only be used on USA plates https://wolfbox.com/products/wolfbox-g900-4k-2-5k-touch-screen-parking-monitoring-dash-cam

Step plates for rear bumper: I was rewatching the powerful UK video on the QM and Simon pointed out that the rear bumper could use some step plates for those times you need to step on the bumper. Found these for the SW but bumper is shared with the QM.

Last edited:
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
Step plates for rear bumper: I was rewatching the powerful UK video on the QM and Simon pointed out that the rear bumper could use some step plates for those times you need to step on the bumper. Found these for the SW but bumper is shared with the QM.
I believe the centre of the rear bumper is steel. What Simon was referring to in his video is some kind of non slip attachments on top of the bumper. Might try self adhesive non slip tape if needed.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
I believe the centre of the rear bumper is steel. What Simon was referring to in his video is some kind of non slip attachments on top of the bumper. Might try self adhesive non slip tape if needed.
It's not that slippery. I've used it often with work/hiking boots.
But you could add grip tape.
The checkerplate thingoes wouldn't improve grip and at that price...yikes!

Back
Top Bottom