The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Park brake (hand brake) adjustment

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
I adjusted the park brake on my Grenadier today. It's a conventional three-cable system. A front cable connects the handle to a joiner that connects to two rear cables, one for each rear brake caliper. The joiner incorporates the system adjustment point. I could not locate a 2nd adjustment point under the park brake handle as is common.
The joiner is under the back seat. If you have the auxiliary battery and Smartpass option like I do then it's a fairly crappy job to get to it. It's under the Smartpass so that needs to be removed.
Park brake adjustment is via a 14mm nyloc nut. Very little of the nut is exposed so it's not easy to get a tool onto it.

I chose to remove the 4x under seat trim panels first because I will be adding a CTEK D250SA (non lithium) DC-DC charger and am investigating if a RedArc brake controller will fit under the back seat.

Both batteries were disconnected at the negative terminal. No issues when reconnected. All settings were retained and no errors presented.

Attachments

• PXL_20230806_045618169.jpg
    PXL_20230806_045618169.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20230806_045107841.jpg
    PXL_20230806_045107841.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 47

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:51 AM
Reaction score
I adjusted the park brake on my Grenadier today. It's a conventional three-cable system. A front cable connects the handle to a joiner that connects to two rear cables, one for each rear brake caliper. The joiner incorporates the system adjustment point. I could not locate a 2nd adjustment point under the park brake handle as is common.
The joiner is under the back seat. If you have the auxiliary battery and Smartpass option like I do then it's a fairly crappy job to get to it. It's under the Smartpass so that needs to be removed.
Park brake adjustment is via a 14mm nyloc nut. Very little of the nut is exposed so it's not easy to get a tool onto it.

I chose to remove the 4x under seat trim panels first because I will be adding a CTEK D250SA (non lithium) DC-DC charger and am investigating if a RedArc brake controller will fit under the back seat.

Both batteries were disconnected at the negative terminal. No issues when reconnected. All settings were retained and no errors presented.
Tks. Good to hear re no dramas when disconnecting the batteries.

@Logsplitter

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Interested where you fit the brake controller thanks... I’ll likely try and fit the control knob between the gear and low range selector... may or may not be possible...

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FB user Tony Libri posted a pic in the Aus Grenadier Owner's Group (FB) yesterday of a Redarc Towpro and UHF mounted under his back seat. FB link
Image credit: Tony Libri on FB.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FB user Tony Libri posted a pic in the Aus Grenadier Owner's Group (FB) yesterday of a Redarc Towpro and UHF mounted under his back seat. FB link
Image credit: Tony Libri on FB.
I am reliably informed that Ineos Australia has now developed and made available to the agents instructions on installation of the TowPro

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew. I sent an email to my agent this morning about that (and the unresolved $1500 APOD accessories discount for Veterans). I'm booked in to have my side steps fitted on Wednesday so hopefully the agent will have some good news on the Towpro.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Andrew. I sent an email to my agent this morning about that (and the unresolved $1500 APOD accessories discount for Veterans). I'm booked in to have my side steps fitted on Wednesday so hopefully the agent will have some good news on the Towpro.
Can you let me know how you go with the APOD discount please as I will be applying for that as well.

sheppo31

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
I am reliably informed that Ineos Australia has now developed and made available to the agents instructions on installation of the TowPro
Hi Andrew, have you seen any of these agents instructions? If you have could you please share them? Thanks Simon

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Andrew, have you seen any of these agents instructions? If you have could you please share them? Thanks Simon
No I haven’t and Apparently this was only partly true. They do have technical information but because INEOS saw fit to leave out some of the pins from the trailer plug they are still waiting on sourcing an appropriate pin to use. I am now leaning towards having an auto electrician install and replace the trailer plug at the same time as the one INEOS has seen fit to supply isn’t really appropriate for Australia even if it had been properly configured and it hasn’t been properly configured

Back
Top Bottom