The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Ordered! Brittania Blue Base with some fun bits

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
Pre-ordered mine last night! Check out my build sheet.

Bruiser 2.0 build sheet

CF31563C-A73A-4219-B62A-6F5675CED0B0.png

So do I understand correctly that in the US we won’t see our pre-order information on the Ineos website until July and the dealers are to be announced in August? I’m in the Seattle area but thinking of taking delivery in Denver then taking a road trip back to give it a nice christening. 😃

Mallig

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
I believe that's correct.

I checked out your config - looks like a beast. I assume you'll upgrade the tires to something else later since you didn't select the KO2's?

Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
Nice rig! I was skeptical on that blue until I saw it in person at the NC drive event. Really pops in the sun. Congrats!

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I believe that's correct.

I checked out your config - looks like a beast. I assume you'll upgrade the tires to something else later since you didn't select the KO2's?
Correct, I plan on going with a 33” more aggressive design once it’s time to change tires. I have the BFG KO2 on my 80-Series Land Cruiser and have had a few sets in other vehicles. They’re a solid tire but I might try something else with the Grenadier. I do like the white lettering out look though…

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Nice rig! I was skeptical on that blue until I saw it in person at the NC drive event. Really pops in the sun. Congrats!
Thanks! It’s still a little too dark for my taste, but my wife liked it so what can I say? I was surprised how much I liked the Magic Mushroom in person but she wasn’t a fan. My 80-Series Land Cruiser, ‘07 Dodge Ram and ‘68 Cougar are all dark blue so it’s kind of keeping with the theme, lol.
7B67D604-C8B0-4AAB-8A86-8F29A6D9CDEF.jpeg
E1E1163F-8D09-404A-93B0-EFAB0157BB9F.jpeg
F9E07785-363F-4777-8FCE-F032064CCF83.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
So I’ve been having some second thoughts lately after reading about the water intrusion issues (safari windows & “foot wash”). I just had the steering box on my 80-series LC rebuilt and it drives so much better now, so much that my wife actually enjoys driving it. With the way the market is for 80-series right now (most are selling for $20-30k) I’m back to thinking about putting my money into it instead of pulling the trigger on the IG.

My initial justification was to downsize the fleet and simplify my life by having a new vehicle that wouldn’t require anything besides regular PMs. While the IG originally sold me on the promise of simplicity, with all the electrical gremlins I find myself appreciating the analog nature of my LC. Sure it’s over 25yrs old now and the IG would outperform it in most every category, but I can fix most anything myself and that’s a huge selling point for me.

I guess I’m just sharing my reservations to see if anyone else is going through the same internal conversation as I am. What are your thoughts/feedback?

Local time
Reaction score
I'm definitely in reservation mode. I submitted my pre-order and will make the decision on what to do when we have to sign. I'll be in London over the next few weeks and plan on stopping by the West London dealer just to see one again as well. The software stuff had me a bit concerned but I figure they can iterate through those, the water stuff has me much more concerned as well. I'm hoping the dealer has one outside w/safaris on it so I can really get a better read on that.
TBH my biggest concern is just the 5 hour drive to a dealer. That one above all else has me the most concerned. For me, this is a fleet addition/toy/want, it's zero need. Which means that if it's at all a PITA it's out.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Like you, I want a new vehicle for off-road and touring/camping use. I have a ‘65 LR I will never part with, and a ‘95 RRC LWB in which I painstakingly overhauled every factory system including the EAS. While the RRC is a remarkable vehicle, it is too nice for me to actually enjoy. Also since it is quite rare in its rust-free, low-mileage condition, I am going to sell it. Which brings us back to my current needs, and the bold decision to just jump in with both feet. Having been a LRO since 1996 I feel the IG cannot be that bad to own, especially once the service updates are completed. Also consider NA is a big target market for Ineos, and we will get the 2024 model. To me, the IG’s robust and simple construction improves upon the Defender with a modicum of modernity (think drain valves, no floor padding, heavy-duty-build + electronic BMW engine, heated seats and CarPlay).

Now, if some massive fault is discovered I will certainly reconsider. But as far as I can see, it is 100% a go!

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Having been a LRO since 1996 I feel the IG cannot be that bad to own, especially once the service updates are completed.
I’ve been a Toyota owner (I’ve owned 5 since 2003) so in a way I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum 🤣. But since 2 had over 200k miles (‘84 Tercel & ‘90 4Runner) and 2 had/have over 300k miles (‘95 & ‘97 LCs) it’s not like I haven’t had to do my share of maintenance on them.

I need to remind myself that my current life (no kids) isn’t my future life (kid(s) potentially coming in next 5 years or so), and what my current priorities are now will definitely change when there’s a mini-me running around. I expect the vehicle maintenance I do now and get a good degree of personal satisfaction out of won’t be the same later.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been a Toyota owner (I’ve owned 5 since 2003) so in a way I’m at the opposite end of the spectrum 🤣. But since 2 had over 200k miles (‘84 Tercel & ‘90 4Runner) and 2 had/have over 300k miles (‘95 & ‘97 LCs) it’s not like I haven’t had to do my share of maintenance on them.

I need to remind myself that my current life (no kids) isn’t my future life (kid(s) potentially coming in next 5 years or so), and what my current priorities are now will definitely change when there’s a mini-me running around. I expect the vehicle maintenance I do now and get a good degree of personal satisfaction out of won’t be the same later.
Yes needs and priorities change over the years, or at least they should.
Reading this and trying to do the maths you either started buying cars in kindergarten or you are in your 40's.
5 years or so to start having kids??
Not rushing into it then.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
The choice for me was rebuild the 1989 LR110CSW again, (after 200,000+ miles since the last rebuild, it was getting baggy), or buy the Grenadier. I could not face rebuilding the LR110 again, as it had been a bear the first time and would still have poorly designed door seals, inadequate HVAC, low power and obsolete detail design.

Now I have had the Grenadier for 3300+ miles, the 1991 LR90 is for sale; it seems so crude in comparison with the Grenadier.

I have the electronic error issues and drips of water in the footwell, but I believe these can all be dealt with in the warranty period.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Yes needs and priorities change over the years, or at least they should.
Reading this and trying to do the maths you either started buying cars in kindergarten or you are in your 40's.
5 years or so to start having kids??
Not rushing into it then.
Haha - 38 now. More likely in the next 1-2 yrs, but we said we would at 5 yrs, now we’re almost at 13 yrs married.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
The choice for me was rebuild the 1989 LR110CSW again, (after 200,000+ miles since the last rebuild, it was getting baggy), or buy the Grenadier. I could not face rebuilding the LR110 again, as it had been a bear the first time and would still have poorly designed door seals, inadequate HVAC, low power and obsolete detail design.

Now I have had the Grenadier for 3300+ miles, the 1991 LR90 is for sale; it seems so crude in comparison with the Grenadier.

I have the electronic error issues and drips of water in the footwell, but I believe these can all be dealt with in the warranty period.
Thanks for the perspective. I plan on keeping my pre-order open for now and waiting to see what happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom