The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Off Road Functions Quick Start Guide

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
I've had a go at drafting a simplified Off-road Functions Quick Start Guide which may be of use to new owners. I would welcome any feedback. 🙂

UPDATE - SEE #14 FOR REVISED DRAFT

Attachments

• QUICK START GUIDE pp.pdf
    6.1 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent. My suggestions:
  1. add the words off road somewhere in file name;
  2. CENTRE DIFF: give example of low traction surfaces (eg dirt or gravel roads, but not sealed). Is shifting across left or right? You also talk about moving slowly does that mean 15kph or less - like you listed in another section or 25kph you also mention?;
  3. Rear and front diff locker: make last sentence bold;
  4. ESC OFF: move the 3rd line to the last line and make it bold;
  5. WADING MODE: perhaps number the 3 pre-requisites before you engage wading mode? That would mean some numbers in other areas for consistency if you agree.

Last edited:

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
  2. CENTRE DIFF: give example of low traction surfaces (eg dirt or gravel roads, but not sealed). Is shifting across left or right? You also talk about moving slowly does that mean 15kph or less - like you listed in another section or 35kph you also mention?;
  5. WADING MODE: perhaps number the 3 pre-requisites before you engage wading mode? That would mean some numbers in other areas for consistency if you agree.
Thanks very much for the help. 🙂
I’ll put up another draft once I review any other suggestions I receive.

I'm not sure of the exact speed up to which the centre diff can be locked. Hopefully someone knows.

I think the 3 pre-requisites for Wading Mode could be done in any order.

Reactions: PBD

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score

I'm not sure of the exact speed up to which the centre diff can be locked. Hopefully someone knows.

"shift across" will be different from region to region it switches from RHD to LHD. Shift laterally, maybe. Left or right will be wrong for different groups, let's keep it simple and consistent.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Offroad mode: was not the Hand Brake also Requiered to switch into?
The Owner's Manual states that the handbrake is required to engage Off-road mode, but mine engages without it.

When Off-road mode is engaged, a message is displayed saying "Vehicle must be secured with handbrake" regardless of whether or not the handbrake is applied.

I'm not sure of the reasoning behind the message.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score

Thanks Michael - sight of a second version would be much appreciated

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
(y) the german speacker have a look here:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
  2. CENTRE DIFF: give example of low traction surfaces (eg dirt or gravel roads, but not sealed). Is shifting across left or right? You also talk about moving slowly does that mean 15kph or less - like you listed in another section or 35kph you also mention?;
Super idea and great suggestions above. CDL can be engaged below 40kph. I’d also suggest mentioning the handbrake for low range, notwithstanding that it’s not in fact essential (I didn’t know this). Regardless this would be easier given the wording of the alert.

cmurray

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Michael,
Regarding the centre diff lock. Speed is not really an issue, I regularly lock and unlock the centre diff in my Land Rovers at 80 to 90 kph. I've locked and unlocked the Grenadier's centre diff at 50 kph. The speed of the vehicle isn't the issue, it's the difference in speeds between the front and rear differentials is where the issue lies. I think it would be worth mentioning that it should not be locked whilst there is wheel spin. You should have the centre diff locked before you get into that situation, but if you do, then back off the accelerator, lock the centre diff, then get back on the power.

Regards
Craig Murray

Back
Top Bottom